Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Essay of why the

Essay of why the

Oct/Fri/2017 | Uncategorized

Why UPenn College Essay Example 1 …

Essay of why the

Custom Academic Paper Writing Services -
Why I Write Essay Examples - 823302 - chipovalnya ru

argument topics You’ve spent quite a bit of time in your English classes writing argumentative essays, and you’ve even gotten pretty good at writing on the topics your instructor assigns. But when it comes to choosing your own argumentative essay topics, you draw a blank. It’s not that there aren’t any good topics to choose from, but you start over-thinking it, wondering if each topic is too cliche, overdone, or just not good enough. Chances are, all you need to do is relax and find a topic you’re passionate about and, of of why the course, one that is ph d research, debatable. Why Pick Debatable Argumentative Essay Topics? Photo by David Hume Kennedy via Gerald R. Ford Library. The name of the essay says it all– argumentative . Essay Of Why! It would be a lot easier to research write an essay on essay the something that people generally agree on, but that’s not really the point of an dissertation, argumentative essay. It’s important to choose debatable argumentative essay topics because you need opposing points that you can counter with your own points.

The world isn’t black and white–there are a lot of gray areas, which is good because that means there are a lot of topics you can choose from. I have listed 50 argumentative essay topics below, phrased as questions, to help get you started. I’ve separated the topics into five categories–legal, moral, social, media and family–and included a helpful link for each topic. Feel free to use the essay topics for your own essay, or as inspiration to create your own original topic. 10 Legal Argumentative Essay Topics. Argumentative essay topics about legal matters are a popular choice. These types of topics can include laws that you would want to create, change or completely abolish. They can also discuss certain benefits or negative aspects of existing laws. You don’t have to get super technical with legal argumentative essays, but be sure to on should age be raised do your research on what the current laws about essay your chosen topic actually say.

After all, you don’t want to suggest a changing a law that’s already been changed in the way you want. Research! Should cigarettes and other tobacco products be outlawed? Should prostitution be legal? Do the benefits of medical marijuana justify its legality? Is the drinking age appropriate (should it be lower, higher, or stay the same)? Should nuclear weapons be outlawed worldwide? Should the United States put more restrictions on essay of why the gun ownership and use? At what age should girls have access to birth control without the consent of essay the driving age be raised to 18 their parents? Does outlawing controlled substances only of why create a larger black market? Should corporations be granted personhood?

In what situations, if any, does a woman have a right to an abortion? 10 Moral Argumentative Essay Topics. Moral argumentative essay topics are some of the easiest to get carried away with. Essay On Should Age Be Raised To 18! They can cover a variety of moral dilemmas, from animal testing to the death penalty. These topics tend to be very debatable because everyone has different opinions–and justifications for those opinions–on what they think is right or wrong. If you’re talking about human or animal rights, and it’s something you’re very passionate about, it’s tempting to let your emotions take over. While it’s good to be passionate in an argumentative essay, remember to keep your thoughts focused and organized. It’s definitely worth your time to create an outline so you don’t stray off topic. The! Photo by research thesis, John Snape via flickr.

Is animal testing necessary? Should consumers buy items from countries that endorse child labor? Do patients have a right to die via physician-assisted suicide? Should children’s beauty pageants be banned? Are nude photographs appropriate in museums that are open to essay of why the the public? Should schools and businesses give more incentives for people to do volunteer work? Are atheists less moral than theists?

Does freedom of speech give people the right to use hate speech? Do people who commit heinous crimes deserve the death penalty? Do pre-employment drug tests infringe on personal privacy rights? 10 Social Argumentative Essay Topics. Social argumentative essay topics tend to overlap with legal and moral topics, but deal more about how individuals act within society and what kinds of pressures society puts on individuals or groups of people. Casual Work! This is a pretty broad category, so there are a lot of the topics to choose from and even more that you could create on on should the driving age be to 18 your own. If you get stuck on essay of why which topic to write about, consider something that personally affects you or someone close to you. Typical Essay! This should make writing about that topic come more naturally. Just be sure to rely on facts and not on personal anecdotes, which are more appropriate to of why the the narrative essay realm.

Is there too much pressure on teenagers to go to college? At what age should citizens be allowed to research vote in the United States? Should more rights be given to immigrants? Can heterosexual men and women truly be friends with no hopes or expectations of anything more? In what case(s) could it be considered fair for a company to not hire a candidate who smokes cigarettes? Should the United States make English the official national language? Should women wear less revealing clothing in of why the, order to curb men’s catcalling? Do prisoners deserve the right to vote? Should there be a legal curfew for minors? Can online dating replace meeting a person in real life?

10 Advertising and Media Argumentative Essay Topics. Advertising and the media have become nearly inseparable from society as a whole. Essays written on these topics can include how media (television, news, movies, magazines, social media, etc.) affects society, and typical essay, what should be allowed to be seen or heard through media and advertisements. Essay Of Why The! Inspiration to create your own advertising or media argumentative essay topics isn’t hard to find. Just turn on a television and don’t change the channel when the commercials come on. Pay close attention to all things electronic, and casual work, you’ll be sure to find something debatable about essay the what you see. Photo by Rod Allday via Wikimedia Commons. Should sex be allowed to be portrayed on prime time television? Where should networks draw the too much line for violence on television? Should news shows talk about of why the celebrities? Do journalists have a duty to eliminate as much bias as possible?

Is it acceptable for companies to advertise in schools? In what situations should advertisements for alcohol and tobacco products be allowed? Should warnings and side effects be made more clear in advertisements? Is print advertising obsolete? Do TV shows and movies have the typical questions responsibility of being more diverse? Are public service announcements effective? 10 Family Argumentative Essay Topics.

Argumentative essay topics covering family life and values are abundant. That’s because every family is different. Rules in families vary on a case-by-case basis, contrary to laws that govern a state or nation. Because each family is different, it’s hard to generalize in these types of essay of why the essays. However, if you look into research on child development and psychology, marital psychology, and ph d research, personal stories from parents and their children, you can get enough information to make an argument for any of the essay of why topics below (or for a topic of your own). Photo by Eric Ward via Wikimedia Commons. Final Thoughts on dissertation bournemouth winton Choosing Argumentative Essay Topics. Essay Of Why The! As you can see, there are a lot of debatable argumentative essay topics you can choose from (way more than are on this list). For more ideas, read 20 Persuasive Essay Topics to Help You Get Started.

Once you’re ready to come up with a thesis, check out these Argumentative Thesis Statement Examples. When you are picking your topic, keep in mind that it’s much easier to write about something that you already have interest in–even if you don’t know a whole lot about it. Researching the topic will allow you to learn more about what fascinates you, and if you pick something you actually like , writing the essay will be more enjoyable. If you’ve wrapped up your argument, but you think there may be a few holes in your logic, send your essay over to the Kibin editors. They’ll help give you the winning edge in winton, whatever you’re debating. Psst. 98% of Kibin users report better grades! Get inspiration from over 500,000 example essays. About the Author.

Eden Meirow is a self-employed freelance writer with a passion for English, history and essay, education. Binding! You can find her on Google+. Of Why The! Thank you for these! I appreciate that you divided the topics into type! Awesome! Glad you found what you were looking for. #128578; Hello Naomi, what will be a good Hook for Argumentative essay about anti immigrants.

I want prove them wrong and show them posative side from on should the driving age be, immigrants, thanks for the help. Hi AbdulI#8217;m not sure *who you#8217;re proving wrong? However, if you are writing a pro-immigrant essay, I would suggest starting with an emotional hook. A hook that makes the story of immigration a HUMAN story is a compelling story. Thank you for the help and the quick feedback! Please give me an example. Is the hook on the title or on the body? Thanks. The hook is the first sentence of of why the your intro paragraph.

Hey, I have an arguementative assay due and thesis, I have NOOO idea what to do it on can u help? Btw I#8217;m 14 so it needs to be school appropriate.? Hiya so I think the the important thing would be to choose a topic that you are actually interested in. At 14, and sorry if I#8217;m stereotyping you due to your age, perhaps a good argument would be to discuss the effects of video games on young people. Here is binding, a great resource to help you: https://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/effects-of-video-games-essay-sources/ I looked @ the essay ideas but I#8217;m still not sure. What would be a good resource for supporting the dissertation winton opinion that physician-assisted suicide is morally wrong? I#8217;m having a hard time choosing a new topic for my argumentative essay. I was writing on how smoking should be outlawed but my professor told me she couldn#8217;t help me on this and it was a hard topic to argue about.

Can you please help. It sounds like your teacher wants you to get more specific than that topic (which, to be fair, is pretty broad). A more specific version might be: In what case(s) could it be considered fair for essay of why the a company to not hire a candidate who smokes cigarettes? Or you could argue that more cities should enact smoking bans which disallow smoking in our near public places (look at laws in California and Colorado for casual work example). I need to write an the, argumentative research paper about dissertation binding winton 3000 words. Do you have any suggestions for a topic that I can find so much things to write about? I hope that one of the 50 above topics will get you thinking about what you want to of why write about.

My biggest piece of advice is definitely choose a topic that you care about, otherwise you are really going to struggle getting 3000 words down. On Should Age Be To 18! Think about the topics that get you fired up during your regular day-to-day lifemaybe you can turn one of those topics into an argument. Speaking of 3k words, here#8217;s a good post on making an essay longer (without adding useless fluff): https://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/how-to-make-an-essay-longer/ I#8217;m sorry to hear that. Maybe you#8217;ll find this post to be helpful in your quest for the perfect topic: https://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/good-persuasive-essay-topics/ Same I have to do that. I need to essay write 3 essays and I 5 days to questions do it need HELP and I#8217;m 15.

Hi Dysoneep that#8217;s a lot of essays in a short amount of time. You#8217;re going to want to essay of why stay organized. Check out this post with 7 different outline templates that you could use: https://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/7-essay-outline-templates-get-essay-going/ Thank you for that it really helps me. You#8217;re welcome. Thanks for reading! Hi, I was hoping to get some advice on an argumentative essay. My argument is broad and about Self-harm and Suicide, how can I find a specific direction to follow it I only have 2 days to write a 6 page essay. Thesis! Do you have any tips or advice to of why the help me specify my topic or where to even start? Can you please help? Hi i need to write 7-10 page argumentive essay and i don#8217;t have any idea can you help me what is it good to dissertation binding winton write about? contact me.I do help students write their essay.

I will appreciate. sweet! Thanks for the comment. Hi there. My name is Lisa. Of Why The! Do you need any help with your homework? I am available for help and I will be glad to help. Contact me for non-plagiarized, well formatted researched work, and masters thesis, always on time. Thank you in advance. Essay Of Why The! I have to on should age be raised to 18 right a research essay that will end up over the course be a 7 to 8 page essay and I can not think of a topic it has to be arguable#8230;. Have any idea what topic would be good?

The 50 topics in essay the, this post should lead you to something good. The trick is to dissertation binding winton choose a topic that you are interested in so that you have a chance to possibly even *enjoy the process of essay of why researching and writing. Remember, an arguable topic means that you could conceivably argue both sides (or more than one side). This post covers writing an argumentative thesis statement and casual work, also has more topic ideas: https://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/thesis-statement-examples/ This is literally the same thing i#8217;m going thru for english 202. It has to end up being 7 to essay 8 pages and it has to be a argumentative research essay. Year 10 800 words essays and masters research, these wont make enough. Don#8217;t despair. You can do it. Essay! #128578; Hi Naomi. I am looking for help in formulating a thesis (a good argument) for a 3000 word research paper on the following #8221; Discuss the research thesis social and cognitive consequences on bilingualism and multilingualism#8221; . Any assistance rendered would be greatly appreciated. Thank you #128578; A basic framework for essay of why your thesis statement will outline the points that you want to defend throughout your paper.

It may look something like this: The social and cognitive consequences of bilingualism and multilingualism include CONSEQUENCE 1, CONSEQUENCE 2, and CONSEQUENCE 3. Masters Thesis! Or maybe you want to take it a step further and argue that biilingual is socially and essay of why the, cognitively BENEFICIAL, so your framework would be: The social and cognitive benefits of bilingualism and multilingualism are many and include BENEFIT 1, BENEFIT 2, and BENEFIT 3. Essay The Driving! Your first research goal would be to uncover the consequences (or benefits) that you can defend with evidence , perhaps you want to discuss research related to multilingualism and aging and how it 1) prevents cognitive decline 2) staves off Alzheimers and 3) something else you can find perhaps more social than cognitive here. Once you have the essay of why the points you want to defend in place, you can refine your thesis statement so that it is has a more organic structure than the list framework I provided. Thank you so much ! Of course! Thanks for reading. #128578; Hi Naomi. I have started writing the casual work paper. However, I am having difficulties with the organization of my paper. Of Why The! Is it possible that you can proof read what I have so far and on should the driving age be raised, give me tips on how to properly organize the essay essay?

It would be greatly appreciated. It#8217;s fantastic that you understand the value of having someone proofread your essay. Binding Bournemouth! While I can#8217;t do this for you (not enough time in essay of why, my schedule), you have come to the right place. Winton! Our editors are available 24/7 to check your essay for organization, clarity, grammar and more. You can learn more about of why that service here: https://www.kibin.com/essay-editing-proofreading. I have to do 700-900 word essays a week and I loose my nerve a lot. Dissertation Bournemouth Winton! but trust me, it can be worse#8230; Good luck on your writing though!I#8217;m sure you need it more than me#8230; i have to of why do a 10-15 page essay single spaced. Pinterest tells me that if you want an essay to seem longer, highlight all the too much happiness periods, and change the the font size from masters research thesis, 12 to 14. I can promise you that most professors are on of why the to this trick! If you go into an essay well-prepared, you should be able to hit your word count without resorting to research papers tricks like this, which are often more time-consuming than doing a little extra writing in the first place #128578; I am writing an 1800 minimum word essay and for of why the some topics there will be enough you just have to essay the driving age be be well prepared. Essay The! So true! If you#8217;re armed with plenty of sources and age be raised, make a solid outline to plan your paper, it#8217;s much easier to essay of why the reach your target word count #128578; Here are the essay to 18 basic steps you need to of why take to execute an argumentative essay: 1) pick your topicthis post is masters, a good place to start.

2) do your researchhttps://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/writing-a-research-paper/ 3) formulate a thesis statementhttps://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/how-to-write-a-thesis-statement/ 4) write an outlinehttps://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/argumentative-essay-outline/ 5) draft your paperhttps://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/essay-formatting-survival-guide/ 6) edit your paper https://www.kibin.com/essay-editing-proofreading. The! 7) turn it in and celebrate your accomplishment! three claims right. Essay Hamlet! Yes, three claims is a nice round number (in some cases you could do more or less, depending on essay the specific requirements and too much essay, length of your paper). Hey, i Have to submit a 2000 word argumentative essay by of why the, tomorrow afternoon on inspiration vs infringement and so far I#8217;ve written only essay 200.

Could you please tell me what all points i could include? Just saw this and it looks like #8220;tomorrow afternoon#8221; has arrived. I hope that you were able to come up with some good points. This makes me think of Walt Disney and of why the, how all of his characters came from previously dreamed up characters (from Grimm and others), and how later on (in the essay on should the driving age be raised to 18 90s) Disney led the charge in more restrictive copyright laws. That would be one case study I would use for a topic like this. Essay Of Why! That is awesome to dissertation bournemouth hear. Thanks for essay of why your comment! thank you Naomi for this. hi Naomi, me and thesis, my partner have no idea on what are topic will be, based on of why our courses. I#8217;m studying entrepreneurship and she is studying computer science. it has been 2 months and casual work, yet we cannot come up with an idea on what will be our topic. please help us for we are desperate. Essay Of Why The! we would be so thankful if you#8217;l help us a little bit.

I#8217;m not quite sure what you are asking for. Are you trying to typical essay questions hamlet find a topic for a research paper that is related to essay both computer science and entrepreneurship? I hope so, because that is the question I#8217;m attempting to answer here. What you choose will largely depend on ph d research where your interests are. You two would do well to sit down and brainstorm a list of potential ideas and then do some preliminary research to the see if you can find information to age be support your project. For example, my initial brainstorm of topics might look like: -what role do robotics play in essay of why the, business? -what softwares are essential for running a scalable startup?

-will emerging technologies lead to a jobless economy? -will emerging technologies lead to a new type of too much happiness essay job market? -should computer science students be required to take business classes (since most startups require both tech savvy and business understanding)? Then I#8217;d do some initial research on my favorite two ideas to find out if any of them have enough material to support a full research paper. Essay Of Why The! For example, I found this source http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/5673619/?reload=true that could support my last topic idea (computer sci students taking biz classes). I think that you may be struggling a bit because #8220;computer science#8221; and #8220;entrepreneurship#8221; or both broad disciplines that cover a variety of ph d research papers topics. You might find this post helpful for essay you to narrow down your idea: https://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/how-to-narrow-a-topic/ this article is great and also helped me a lot for my project#8230;.but i am currently writing a novel and i need some pointers for it#8230;..would you be able to help. The novel is a fan-fic on the original series Percy Jackson#8230; Congrats on starting the rewarding project of writing your own novel. The best advice for writing a novel is just sitting down and essay, writing it. You may be tempted to make up excuses such as not having enough time or not feeling like it#8217;s coming out as you want it to, but if you#8217;re serious about this, you#8217;ll set those excuses aside and just write.

Your first draft does not have to be perfect. In fact it won#8217;t be perfect. It will likely be a giant mess. Essay Of Why The! So you need to be okay with that fact and just get through it. Casual Work! Set a word count goal for every day, and of why, every week. A final novel is about 70,000-100,000 words so keep that in mind! It#8217;s a marathon. Once you have a draft, you can go back and revise it#8230; again and again until it#8217;s right. were recquired to happiness do 1500 word essay and of why the, i didnt know what topic I can choose. Bournemouth Winton! But thank you for this, it gave me an idea. I#8217;m so glad you found it helpful! Thanks for reading.

Naomi help me please? i#8217;am looking for the disadvantages of a physical store and found only minor things. i wanted to find a disadvantage that can put up a fight. Do you mean the essay the disadvantages of shopping at a physical store or of owning one? I assume you mean shopping at one, so here are a couple ideas off the top of my head: Unless you live nearby, you have to pay to travel there (gas, wear and tear on your car). There is a higher risk that the binding store will be out essay of the item you need (or won#8217;t have the right size, type, flavor, etc.) due to dissertation bournemouth winton limited inventory. Prices may be higher due to overhead costs (rent, utilities, etc.) compared to essay online-only establishments. thank you Erin. this is such a big help. Happy to help!

Thanks for reading #128578; I think any of the topics listed here could be pretty amazing #8212; just make sure you back up your ideas with solid reasons. Happy writing (and impressing)! Hi, help here how do I start a court criminal observation essay with this thesis- Justice should be maintained but is the system worth it? i have a ten page essay due in a month so any advice on how to ph d get it done without killing myself. Hey, a month is the, a good long while. I#8217;d definitely break it down into lots of essay the driving to 18 smaller steps that you can attack a little at the, a time #8212; brainstorming, researching, outlining, drafting, then revising. Casual Work! The outlining step will save you a ton of work; I#8217;d definitely read https://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/argumentative-essay-outline/ for some pointers. You might also check out https://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/how-to-write-an-essay-on-anything/ I have to make an long af essay and essay of why, english is the driving to 18, not even my natural born languege.SEND HELP. Agreed with some comments below that for some kind of essays up to 2k words everything you need is imagination and nothing else. Especially if you have internet then not a sinple paper work seem hard for me. The internet definitely makes writing papers easier.

Thanks for essay of why the comment! Hello, I#8217;m need to write a thesis for too much happiness essay my uni#8217;s project this year. But, I#8217;m having a problem with my topic, is it a good topic or not? I#8217;m not sure, will you help me? My thesis topic is, #8220;Students#8217; perception on integrity, as one of the NDUM characteristics.#8221; *NDUM is my university, so I want to know how this integrity give an effect to the students, in the way of essay education. I think you#8217;re off to a good start, but you still need to take a stance on essay on should raised your topic. Of Why! Here is an example of what I mean: #8220;Students#8217; perception of integrity, which is typical essay hamlet, one of NDUM#8217;s characteristics, has a strong impact on how student success in education.#8221; In a paper with that thesis, you could explore how positive/strong perceptions of integrity affect success and/or how weak perceptions of integrity impact success.

Another approach, if you want to focus only on essay the positive impacts, might be: #8220;Students who have a strong perception of integrity, one of NDUM#8217;s core characteristics, tend to happiness be more successful in essay the, their educational endeavors.#8221; I hope these ideas help you narrow down your topic a bit! Hello everyone? I am an online tutor. I do a wider array of essay on should the driving raised to 18 assignments from essays, projects and research papers. Essay! I produce quality and original papers that are payable after receiving the assignments. All the assignments are done in 12-24 hours. Be free to inquire more. Email: [emailprotected] . I#8217;m writing a 10-12 page essay about mental health. I don#8217;t know specifically what to write about typical essay hamlet because the topic itself is essay of why, so broad. Can someone give ma an advice on this? I#8217;m writing a 10-12 page essay about too much mental health.

I don#8217;t know specifically what to write about because the of why the topic itself is so broad. Can someone give ma an advice on this? You#8217;re right that #8220;mental health#8221; is a really broad topic. If you#8217;re writing an argumentative essay, you need to bournemouth come up with an essay, approach/stance that#8217;s a) debatable and b)provable. Here are a few examples of casual work possible approaches: Argue that the government (national, local, etc.) has a responsibility to increase funding for mental health initiatives.

Should free mental health therapy be offered in schools? Argue in favor of/against. Does the mental health of parents impact their children? Why or why not? There are a lot of of why possibilities here, but I hope those spark some ideas for masters research thesis how you can narrow your topic to essay of why be more specific. Happy writing!

Thank you. I started my essay on government should increse the fundings. Masters! Now I#8217;m on essay of why the my thesis statement. i just started this. do you think this will improve my spelling problem. I am writing a 25000 minimum word essay. Typical Hamlet! #128577; That#8217;s a long one, but you can totally do it. Of Why The! Just make sure to organize your ideas before you start. You might want to check out bournemouth https://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/argumentative-essay-outline/ . This outline template can work just as easily for a 25000-word essay as it would a 500-word essay depending on of why how many claims you#8217;re making and how much evidence you use to back them up. Much respect for your decision to go back to school! What an awesome example you#8217;re setting for casual work your kids #128578; I would definitely recommend that you explore some of our (many, many) other blog posts for writing help. Essay Of Why! I#8217;m obviously biased, but they#8217;re a fantastic resource for getting un-stuck.

As for masters research thesis this essay, I think that there are definitely some argumentative angles you could take with the subject of autism. Off the top of my head: 1. Essay Of Why! Argue that autism should (or should not be) classified as a disorder/disability. For instance, some suggest that it#8217;s simply a type of neurodiversity and should not be treated as something #8220;wrong,#8221; just different. 2. Argue that autism stems from (or does not stem from) environmental factors. The vaccine debate is perhaps the most popular example of this argument, but there are a host of other causes that doctors, researchers, and parents have considered too.

3. Argue that Asperger#8217;s syndrome is/is not different from dissertation, high-functioning autism.

Custom Essay Writing Service -
Why UPenn College Essay Example 1 …

Sample Essay For National Honors Society Essays and Research Papers. ?Victoria Vasquez National Honors Society Essay To me, National . Honors Society’s four pillars are essential elements to being a member of this society . The? Scholarship and leadership are the two pillars that I feel complement each other because one should be a leader in the community and school without forgetting to be a good student and scholar. Service and character go well together because in order to provide services to students or members of the community, it is necessary to have a good character. 927 Words | 2 Pages. Honor Society and essay hamlet National Junior Honor. National Junior Honor Society Essay National Junior Honor . Society is a great opportunity for me; something that I am really excited to the, have. I would love to be involved in NJHS and share my ideas and dissertation binding bournemouth winton listen to essay of why the, others ideas about casual work fundraisers and collecting donations. Essay? I believe I have all the qualities to be apart of the NJHS. Scholarship, Service, Leadership, and Character. I love helping and have participated in many charities. Bournemouth? For example, every year for essay Easter and Christmas our family donates.

High school , Honor , Honor society 1167 Words | 3 Pages. life following the National Honor Society conduct and its rules. On Should The Driving Age Be Raised To 18? For example, in of why the the field of leadership I was the . advisory council representative in my ninth grade advisory. I would like to join the National Honor Society to participate in helping to make my community better. Hurricane Sandy destroyed many peoples’ homes, one of my close friends Abid Yazdani’s home was destroyed and I volunteered to go help and research clean his apartment. I believe I should join the National Honor Society because I believe. Citizenship , Duty , Field 954 Words | 3 Pages.

National Honor Society Being nominated to become a member of the National Honor . Essay Of Why The? Society is a highly prestigious honor , and I am very grateful to be a candidate. Dissertation Binding? I have always strove to do the best that I can to of why the, achieve the highest grades possible and to stand out amongst my peers. Not only binding bournemouth winton, do I focus on my academics, but I strive to be an outstanding asset to the student body throughout my years here at East Clinton High School as well. Getting admitted into the National Honor Society has been. Bill Nelson , High school , Key Club 866 Words | 3 Pages. National Honor Society It is essay the, a great honor and privilege to be nominated for the . National Honor Society . This has been one of my goals since being a part of the National Junior Honor Society in middle school. The National Honor Society is said to essay raised, be looking for student’s service, character, leadership, and someone who has made a difference. I feel as if I fit all of these requirements. I serve the community through many different ways.

I volunteer to help with things going on around the community. Education , English-language films , High school 999 Words | 3 Pages. Thomas Edison and essay of why the National Honor Society. Character, Scholarship, Leadership, Service Thomas A. Edison High School Faculty Advisors Ms. Meinholdt Ms. Baumert Congratulations on pursuing . membership in Edison High School’s National Honor Society chapter. Please carefully complete all forms in this packet and return them to masters research, Ms. Of Why The? Meinholdt (room A215) or Ms.

Cho (room A218) on dissertation binding, or before 2:30 p.m. on essay of why, Wednesday, Oct 10, 2012. Thesis? No exceptions! This packet will be reviewed by a faculty committee, which only meets one time each year. Edison, New Jersey , High school , Member of Parliament 1488 Words | 7 Pages. Yiming Yu 11/26/2012 National Honor Society Application Essay It is unbelievable that this year . is of why the, my last year in Charlestown High School.

As I look back at the past three years, there were several poignant moments when I was struggling with my classes and happiness would have given up trying to achieve my goals. But as a diligent student, I chose to endure those moments. And that is how I become an outstanding student today. National Honor Society honors students who have demonstrated excellence in. Education , Grade , Help me 669 Words | 2 Pages. National Honor Society Application II. ? National Honor Society Application TEDA International School Grade 9, JaeHun. Cho I have been attending TEDA . International School (TIS) since 2011, and have an intense passion to essay, join the TIS Chapter of the National Honor Society (NHS). Typical Essay Hamlet? During these four years, I have been making constant improvements in different academic departments, and involved in various community activities. Essay Of Why The? Not only in these sections, but I also put my effort in building a good character.

To be specific, following is the. Academic term , Better , Community 1247 Words | 4 Pages. High School and National Honor Society. 2013 NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY APPLICATION FOR CONSIDERATION National Honor . Society members will be selected based on four qualities: SCHOLARSHIP: student has achieved a 3.000 or above out of a possible 4.000 for classes of 2013 and 2014. LEADERSHIP: student has demonstrated this leadership both in the classroom as well as in athletic or extracurricular activities. SERVICE: student has demonstrated service to fellow students, teachers, school, and community. CHARACTER: student has exhibited. Educational stages , Extracurricular activity , Grade 660 Words | 3 Pages. National Honor Society Admissions Essay. National Honor Society Application Essay When I first received the masters letter inviting me to apply to . the National Honor Society , my initial thoughts were of appreciation for the recognition of my hard work during this past academic year.

To think of essay, myself as a member of the NHS is an masters thesis honor that could have a profound impact on my future. Over the past several years I have driven myself to become a much more motivated person. Essay? Along with achieving a GPA of on should the driving age be to 18, 3.67, which is the, a personal best, I have also. College , Education , High school 662 Words | 2 Pages. If I had the power to change three things in my school or community, I would obligate all high school students to take a culture and religion class to . educate students about people’s various beliefs and customs. Masters? Secondly, I would encourage students to the, take higher level academic classes instead of just the basics. We would send students into freshmen classrooms to and inform them about the benefits of taking some of the tougher classes. Typical Hamlet? At the the same time we are trying to erase some of the misconceptions. Class , Class I railroad , College 823 Words | 2 Pages. Sample essay Argue either in essay of why favour or against the impact of the internet on people's lives in the last decade.

As an . avenue of entertainment and communication, and research papers as a research and reference tool, the internet has had a huge impact on the modern societies of developed nations. At the same time, there is concern that the disadvantages and negative influences may outweigh the essay of why benefits to the society . Dissertation Binding Bournemouth Winton? This essay argues that, in the last decade, the advantages of the internet far outweigh the. Family , History of the essay the Internet , Internet 1326 Words | 4 Pages. National Honors Society Induction Essay. our meal. These are the virtues that allow me to essay on should age be raised, fulfill my life journey. Bringing people together encouraging human unity is a gift.

Participating in . service demonstrates that a person cares for others. There is no measurement for service to essay of why the, society , it is what helps to make the world a better place. Casual Work? I provide service regularly at my church, City Of Faith Church Of God. The congregation inspires me to give as much of me to them, as I possibly can. Working at. The church food pantry brings me.

557 Words | 2 Pages. ? Being a member of National Honor Society is a highly prestigious honor and made me standout from of why the, my . fellow peers. Ph D Research Papers? My hard work throughout my three years of high school pays off when I was inducted to the, NHS. National Honor Society recognized all the research hard work you did but not only academics but also helped me in essay of why the areas such as scholarship, leadership, service and ph d research character. To be selected and be a part of national honor society is not an honor but a privilege. Scholarship in high school for essay the colleges.

College , Grade , High school 593 Words | 2 Pages. There are many ways one may contribute to their society . Some people may use their intelligence in essay on should the driving raised to 18 order to advance society ; some . may lead the country to a better future; some may make the world a better place just by essay, being in it; and some may volunteer their time to help others. It is difficult to find one person who possesses and contributes all of these qualities, but I am sure that I do. Because the ph d research standards for entrance into the National Honor Society are scholarship, leadership, character, and. 2004 singles , 2006 singles , College 523 Words | 2 Pages. National Honor Society I would be a valuable member to the . National Honor Society because I have the ability to set examples and essay the exceed expectations in academics. Dissertation Binding? I am also a hard worker and a great role model who always helps others. I am interested in joining the organization because I am confident in my leadership qualities and want to help the community. I plan to demonstrate leadership, develop character, and create enthusiasm for academic excellence while. Hero , Leader , Leadership 691 Words | 2 Pages. I would like to of why, be a part of National Honor Society . Before selecting me to be a part of National . Honor Society I think you should understand my beliefs and views on topics such as scholarship, leadership, character, and service.

I believe that success in scholarship is very important. I think that you should earn good grades more for essay questions hamlet self-satisfactory reasons rather than for rewards that your parents give you. I feel accomplished when I work hard and the do well in a difficult class because I know. Core issues in ethics , High school , Leadership 568 Words | 2 Pages. Being a member of the essay questions National Honor Society is a highly prestigious honor . I would love to be a . member of this society because all of of why the, my life I have lived by too much happiness essay, a standard of nothing less than the best and essay I think that being in this organization will continue my journey of excellence. I want to dissertation binding bournemouth, be able to improve my communication skills and leadership abilities.

To help the community through service activities and to be a good role model to other students so they can see that being a hard working student. College , First school , High school 477 Words | 2 Pages. National Honors Society Application. Lubna Kabir National Honor Society Application 31 October 2012 Why I Wish to Be a Member of NHS Throughout my . high school years, I have encountered several struggles. I have been through ups and of why downs, achievements and casual work failures, but through it all, I have never failed to remain true to myself. I have faced the brutal torture of having my incredible father stripped away from essay of why the, my life as a result of my parents’ divorce, simply due to my mother’s sheer wealth. In fact, such a traumatic experience.

Extracurricular activity , Father , Happiness 851 Words | 2 Pages. ? National honor society essay Scholarship, leadership, service, and character and essay all words that . Essay? have a significant weight on me. Essay Hamlet? These words are the foundation of everything I need in order to succeed in life. Scholarship leads to educational support, and, more importantly, a full ride to the best colleges possible. Leadership and of why the character are quality traits that will eventually lead to getting people to trust you. Doing my part in servicing my community and the people around me will lead to a. Hero , Leadership , Need 528 Words | 1 Pages.

National Honor Society is known for having extraordinary students whom possess strong leadership, constant . determination, and also structured character. Though there are various students who have what it takes to become a member of the National Honor Society I feel that I should be one of them. Masters Research Thesis? From the beginning of my Freshmen year, I had a strong desire to find my path early in life and choose a career I would like to of why, pursue as time went on. Realizing my passion for shopping was just the beginning. High school , Tenth grade 850 Words | 2 Pages. is a great thing to have in your life. The title of being in National Honor Society is something I hold in high . respect. I would love to say that I was in National Honor Society . I think that people in ph d NHS are very respected in the Crandall High school and are looked up too.

I hope to casual work, prove myself to you and can set a good example to all the young kids coming into high school looking for the opportunity to be in National Honor Society . English-language films , High school , Homeless shelter 530 Words | 2 Pages. Leadership and National Honor Society. I am deeply honored to be among the exemplary students who are being considered for essay the National Honor . Society . I believe that this organization does great things in society , and that I can play a part in furthering the impression that is made. Casual Work? I like to think that I deserve this honor and this chance because I have worked very hard to the, get here. I don't just want to be in the National Honor Society to impress others; I want to get something real out of essay on should the driving to 18, it. I want to of why the, grow as a person. English-language films , Hero , Leader 514 Words | 2 Pages. Sample essay Topic: Test anxiety causes university students to underperform in their examinations. Discuss. NOTE: The . essay is in the left column.

In the essay hamlet right hand column there are short notes indicating the various academic writing skills present in of why the the essay . Typical Questions? Essay | Comment | This essay examines the relationship between test anxiety in essay of why university students and their performance in examinations. Ph D? Typically universities use examinations to the, test part or even all the knowledge of hamlet, students, particularly. Academia , Anxiety , Bachelor's degree 2517 Words | 7 Pages. National Honor Society A. 1. Describe how a high school class has challenged you academically and why. A high . school class that has challenged me was Civics that I took my freshman year. Usually if I am unfamiliar with something we are learning in class, I can catch on as we learn more about the essay of why subject or do things using the new concept. Casual Work? Civics was a class that I did not catch on to as fast.

Government has never been something I easily understand and there are so many things to essay of why, know about it. Activity , Education , High school 647 Words | 2 Pages. Search thousands of free essa s. Search Type in your essay topic: ex. Vietnam War JOIN LOGIN CUSTOM ESSAYS HELP . CONTACT Media in casual work Societ Essa Belo i a f ee e a on Media in Socie f om An i E a , o o ce fo f ee e ea ch Join An i E a o ead f ll e a . Al ead a Membe ? Login No pape , e a , and e m pape e ample . The? Plea e pg ade o acco n o ie hi e a on Media in Socie . Media In Society In today s society the media has influenced many people s outlook on papers, appearances. Advertising , Essay , Essays 761 Words | 4 Pages. SAMPLE ESSAY | . | |WHAT IS AN ESSAY ? It’s a brief text that discusses a matter, expresses a point of view, or persuades us to essay of why, accept a thesis on any | |subject whatever. | | . Amnesty International , Capital punishment , Crime 944 Words | 5 Pages. scholarship, leadership, character, service and more.

I also believe I show and use my qualities in a positive way to contribute to other lives as well as my . own. I feel obligated to use my qualities in an organization as prestigious as the National Honor Society . 1999 singles , 2006 singles , Billboard Hot 100 number-one singles 686 Words | 2 Pages. Form ------------------------------------------------- Top of Form help REGISTER! Bottom of Form Essay Forum / Writing . Feedback / | | five paragraph essay about essay to 18 where should company spend his money on art or environment ------------------------------------------------- Top of Form AliAkbarzarei | Dec 15, 2012, 01:03pm #1 | a five paragraph essay about where should company spend his money on art or environment I just studying about writing and essay it's just a. Air pollution , Art , Environmentalism 926 Words | 4 Pages. ? Sample of essays , letters and memorandum Letter of Enquiry English Language Society Tunku Abdul Rahman . Essay On Should The Driving Raised? University College 77 Lorong Lembah Permai Tiga 11200 Tanjong Bungah Penang 15 June 2013 Manager Paradise Hotel 23 Jalan Gembira 11200 Tanjong Bungah Penang Dear Sir ACCOMMODATION FOR THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE CAMP I am writing on behalf of the English Language Society of Tunku Abdul Rahman University College. The? We would like to enquire about your accommodation at your hotel. . Bursa Malaysia , Economy of Malaysia , English language 751 Words | 4 Pages. National Junior Honor Society Applicati. ?Ifeoluwa Tugbobo National Junior Honor Society Application Joining National Junior . Honor Society could result in new opportunities that pertain to my future , help me get into research thesis college, teach me things and give me the opportunity to help other people besides myself. In hopes of the, becoming a member of this honor society , I would fully dedicate myself to participating in bournemouth winton the club.

I would do my best to fulfill my duties as a member like attending Homecoming, tutoring, food and clothing drives, fundraisers. College , English-language films , High school 511 Words | 2 Pages. ?Example of the Narrative Essay Why I learned English Many families reflect diverse cultural backgrounds that come together. My family’s . Essay? roots are intertwined with several ethnic and research cultural backgrounds. My mother’s parents are American, but her ancestors are originally from England and Germany. My father’s mother is Peruvian, but his father is Egyptian. I grew up in Peru with my parents in a quiet neighborhood of essay the, Lima. My paternal grandparents lived down the street from us, but my maternal grandparents. Cat , Computer , E-mail 2464 Words | 7 Pages. Critical Essay Honor and Slavery Perhaps one of the strongest elements of slavery is honor . . Essay On Should Raised? Honor has had a wide range of impact in history, whether it was shaping major dynasties and hierarchies, deciding an individuals’ role in essay of why society , or family ties and marriages.

This sense of worth, high esteem, or virtue was also manipulated by slave masters in casual work order to control their slaves. “The slave could have no honor because of the origin of his status, the indignity and all-pervasiveness. Atlantic slave trade , Master , Serfdom 2409 Words | 6 Pages. Chapter 33: The Cold War and Decolonization, 1945-1975 1. Introduction a. The end of the of why 2nd world war exposed a world of mutual antagonism . rather than one of mutual cooperation b. The business of typical questions, nation building c. Cold War technology and environmental impact 2. Of Why? The Cold War a. The United Nations i. The formation of the United Nations and its basic structure ii. Beliefs and efficacy of the United Nations iii. Cold War , World War II 547 Words | 3 Pages. ? Sample Writing Essays 3. The idea of essay on should the driving age be to 18, a minimum wage has been around for quite a while. If increasing the minimum wage helps . every one, no one would oppose an essay of why the increase. Typical Hamlet? In your opinion, who are helped and who are hurt by an increase in the minimum wage?

In my opinion, more people are hurt by of why the, a minimum wage increase than are helped by it. Increasing the minimum wage helps some low wage workers in the short run but is detrimental to essay age be raised to 18, the majority of society in the long run. An increase in. Economics , Employment , Foreign direct investment 881 Words | 3 Pages. 05/08/2015 Sample Academic Essay Sample Academic Essay Knowing How to Live Alone Introduction . Hook Alone one is never lonely, says the poet and author Mary Sarton in praise of living along. Most people, however, are terrified of of why the, living alone. They are used to living with others ­­ Connecting children with parents, roommates with Information roommates, friends with friends, husbands with wives. When the statistics catch up with them, therefore, they are rarely prepared. Chances are high that most adult men and women.

Infantry battalions of the casual work United States Marine Corps 753 Words | 3 Pages. Progress ESSAY Theodore Roosevelt once said, “A great democracy must be progressive or it will soon cease to be a great democracy.” This . quote illustrates his belief that a great country can be advanced through challenge and pursuit of the the innovative. Ph D? Society’s development is based on adopting pioneering values, rather than maintaining conventional ways. The benefits of of why the, progress and casual work innovation are exemplified by the New Deal policies implemented by Franklin D. Roosevelt. As a response to. Democratic Party , Eleanor Roosevelt , Franklin D. Roosevelt 1017 Words | 4 Pages. ? Sample Essay Answer Use the organization and layout of the, this essay , in dissertation binding bournemouth conjunction with the of why essay . Ph D? rubric and essay of why the worksheet, as a template for the in-class essay exams. Question: Compare and contrast the Chinese and on should the driving age be to 18 Japanese attitudes and policies regarding modernization beginning at the time of sustained European contact but concentrating on the period between 1840 and 1910. How did their status change in the eyes of the Europeans? By 1840, Europe had at least nominal domination over the much of the. China , Government of Japan , Great power 1156 Words | 2 Pages.

National security is the requirement to maintain the survival of the state through the use of economic, diplomacy, power projection and . political power. The concept developed mostly in essay the driving the United States of America after World War II. Initially focusing on essay of why the, military might, it now encompasses a broad range of facets, all of which impinge on the non military or economic security of the on should age be nation and the values espoused by the, the national society . Accordingly, in order to possess national security, a nation. Classified information , Definition , National security 1073 Words | 3 Pages. Sample Undergraduate Psychology Essay. SAMPLE UNDERGRADUATE PSYCHOLOGY ESSAY NB This is not a perfect essay . It was graded at 60% (A 2.1) and the . bibliography is research, missing! Drawing on Freudian and essay of why Attachment Theories assess the dissertation Relationship between early year's experiences and criminality. Psychological theories have attempted to explain the reasons for and how criminality occurs. The psychoanalytic perspective involves two major theories - Freud's theory of the Sexual Stages of Development and essay of why the the Theory of Attachment purposed by Bowlby. Crime , Criminology , Developmental psychology 1600 Words | 5 Pages. began to lay the foundation for democracy.

He gave all free men living in Athens and Attica the too much essay power of of why the, citizenship enabling them to age be, participate in all . The? parts of the government (Ancient Athens 3). Masters Research Thesis? He abolished the the old tribal organization of casual work, Athenian society which included dividing the the citizens into happiness essay one of the, ten new tribes, each of which supplied fifty men for the boule (Connolly Dodge 25). The new council held administrative and executive power in the city-state and research papers allowed citizens over the ages of. Ancient Greece , Athenian democracy , Athens 2055 Words | 6 Pages. Becoming a Member of the National Society of Collegiate Scholars.

Becoming a Member of the National Society of essay of why the, Collegiate Scholars Introduction What is National . Society of typical essay questions hamlet, Collegiate Scholars (NSCS)? Have you ever hear about this community before? Obviously, almost everyone knows that university/college is the period of progression of heading for of why the the society stage by masters thesis, stage. During the four years in university/college, apparently, book learning is not the first priority for students any longer. Instead, capacities and career experiences become the bright spots. College , Education , Employment 2090 Words | 6 Pages. ?Sanpreet Singh G# G00968684 George Mason Honors College Essay How Much Sleep does one Really Need Sitting in the middle of . Essay? class and all of a sudden you start nodding on and off. Casual Work? And you wonder why your eyes are closing in class. Essay Of Why? You missed all the information from the chapter which is going to be on the test which you didn’t hear your teacher announce was going to be tomorrow. Casual Work? After a week of continuous struggle in class trying to essay, keep your eyes open causes you to on should the driving age be raised, drop from an A down to of why, a C+.

Education , Homework help service , School 828 Words | 3 Pages. The National Multiple Sclerosis Society in Singapore. Introduction: The National Multiple Sclerosis Society In Singapore The National Multiple Sclerosis . Typical? Society is essay of why the, a non- profit organization that supports MS related research and provides programs for people with MS and their families. Multiple Sclerosis is an auto- immune disease. It is on should the driving to 18, a chronic and often disabling disease that attacks the central nervous system. The mission statement of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society is to end the devastating effects of multiple sclerosis. The funds. Goh Chok Tong , Malays in Singapore , Multiple sclerosis 1935 Words | 6 Pages. ? Sample College Essay #1 The sun sleeps as the of why desolate city streets await the morning rush hour. Driven by an inexplicable . compulsion, I enter the building along with ten other swimmers, inching my way toward the cold, dark locker room of the the driving raised to 18 Esplanada Park Pool. One by one, we slip into our still-damp drag suits and make a mad dash through the essay of why chill of the bournemouth morning air, stopping only to grab pull-buoys and essay kickboards on research, our way to of why the, the pool.

Nighttime temperatures in typical essay coastal California dip into. Camping , Demographics , Family 2422 Words | 6 Pages. ?Student ID # 14610 November 25, 2014 NHS Application Essay JP Morgan, founder of General Electric the first billion dollar corporation in . the world, once said, “Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you’ll be able to see farther.” This quote shows that no matter how far one needs to travel to accomplish their goals if they be the essay of why the leader to their own life they will achieve it, and will establish new goals along the too much way. To get to essay of why the, where one hopes to be in life they must be able to consider. Association football , High school 925 Words | 3 Pages. StudyMode.com Essays Book Notes Citation Generator More Essays » Culture » . Society Culture Society Culture Writing society and culture essays can be very difficult. It's always a challenge to gain the perspective needed to view culture from an analytical perspective. When you need help writing about society and culture, StudyMode.com delivers a large database of free term papers and free research papers. Browse the list of college essay categories, or use. Asch conformity experiments , Conformity , Social psychologists 1296 Words | 7 Pages. ?“The National Government won the on should the driving age be to 18 1931 general election due to the popularity of of why, their policies” To what extent do you agree? (45marks) The . 1931 general election was held following a series of crises both economic and political.

The success of the national government at this election was due to culmination of different factors. The policies of the national government were important as they drew in support but the general public were looking for more than policies to convince them to vote, they. Chancellor of the Exchequer , Government , Labour Party 1880 Words | 3 Pages. Sample Essay: Paralysis in Dubliners. Sample Essay for English 4950 Keycode: 2390 1 Paralysis in Dubliners A heavy theme found throughout the entirety of casual work, . Dubliners is the feeling of paralysis that is felt by the characters in the stories. Reading the essay the stories and analyzing them individually hints at the idea of dissertation bournemouth winton, paralysis but it is also easy to overlook it. Upon reading all of the stories of the, Dubliners, the idea of questions, paralysis is a common theme.

This feeling of paralysis in Dublin and Ireland as a whole is a feeling that Joyce was trying. Dublin , Dubliners , Encyclop?dia Britannica 1489 Words | 4 Pages. The Position of Women in Our Society Essay. Essay on Role Of Women In Society OUTLINES: . The? (800 Words) INTRODUCTION WOMEN’S CONTRIBUTION IN A SOCIETY WOMEN IN PRE-ISLAMIC SOCIETIES WOMEN IN EUROPEAN SOCIETY WOMEN IN PAKISTANI SOCIETY CONCLUSION Brigham Young Says, “You educate a man; you educate a man. You educate a woman; you educate a generation.” Women are the ph d research papers inherent part of our society and. Developed country , Education , Female 823 Words | 3 Pages. Sample Portfolio Essay #1 My time at Isothermal has greatly affected my life in many ways. Essay The? Thanks to my time spent at . Papers? Isothermal, I have decided that upon completion of my education, I hope to be able to work as a Spanish educator at K-12 and college level and as a Spanish-English translator. I have decided on these careers because of my love for the Spanish language and essay the fact that Spanish educators and translators are in high demand. I also believe that these are career choices with which I.

Academic degree , Competence , Four stages of competence 2563 Words | 7 Pages. National Honor Society values Scholarship, Character, Leadership, and Community Service. Compose an . essay in which you explain why you should be inducted into age be raised your school's National Honor Society . How do you demonstrate and incorporate these values into essay your life? I know that the National Honor Society is an honor to be in and I truly want to participate in it. I believe I am highly qualified and I can prove it.

I give my best effort to be involved in happiness as many activities as I can. This year, I. Class I railroad , Management , MENTOR 1091 Words | 3 Pages. ? Sample 1: Prompt: Your academic interests, personal perspectives and the life experiences will add much to Gallaudet’s diverse community. . Essay The Driving To 18? Describe a personal experience that shows what you will bring to Gallaudet’s diverse community While attending Atlanta Area School for essay the the Deaf, Ms. Happiness Essay? Jennifer observed my social skills and the chose me to assist a student from abroad. His name was Akeem. I was told to teach him American Sign Language. Akeem was born in Africa and ph d came to essay of why the, the United States.

American Sign Language , Family , High school 1516 Words | 4 Pages. Hester as far stronger than Dimmesdale. While Hawthorne describes her as having a “woman’s strength,” Reynolds suggests that Hester is as strong as any of . the men in research papers her society . In DeSalvo’s article, Hawthorne is characterized as rendering Hester not as a symbol of strength under duress, but rather as a cog in the wheel of a society that punishes her for her own good, in the eyes of of why the, God. “Hester accepts her womanly role, which according to age be, Hawthorne, is essential if a woman is to be saved (By God)”. Gender , Gender role , Hester Prynne 896 Words | 3 Pages. The melting pot ideology dictates assimilating into the a common culture and casual work language. Views on this issue are very polarized, which make a compromise seem hard . to accomplish. Two articles that pertain to this topic are American Multilingualism: A National Tragedy, by Franklin Raff published on WND.com, and English Only Laws Divide and Demean, by Warren J. Blumenfeld published in the The Huffington Post.

Both articles are direct contradictions of each other with Raff saying languages other than English. English language , European Union , German language 2184 Words | 8 Pages. ?Prompt: ‘Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely’ – (Lord John E.E.D. Essay On Should Age Be? Acton) Topic: Write an essay of why the expository essay exploring how the prompt relates to . the context of power and Animal Farm. Power is a reality. Almost all societies , developed or primitive, have systems of typical questions, government in which authority figures direct and shape the structure of their communities. Moreover, these figures may be drawn to government through a genuine wish to essay of why, enhance the welfare of the people, and assist with important public. Animal Farm , Communism , George Orwell 1348 Words | 2 Pages. Write an essay that outlines that a consumer society is a divided society. ? Essay Plan Write an essay that outlines that a consumer society is a divided society . The . The Driving Raised To 18? principal purpose of this essay is to the, identify the key facts which substantiate the opinion that a consumer society is on should age be raised to 18, a divided society . I will examine the changes in consumer habits during the industrial and consumer societies and essay of why look at what primary factors create divisions and why.

I will be using course materials ranging from on should age be, written, audio and visual to determine this. 1. Definition of. Conspicuous consumption , Consumer , Consumer protection 1425 Words | 5 Pages. Justin Doll GEOL C105 October 24, 2014 National Park Essay Yosemite National Park first became a . national park in 1890 with the essay of why the help of Yosemite’s most famous advocate, John Muir. (APN Media, LLC, 2013) The park boasts some of the most easily recognizable geologic features in the world. Many of the most recognizable features are glacier cut granite walls and essay raised to 18 domes, and the waterfalls that fall off of essay of why the, them.

The views of and from features like El Capitan, Half Dome, Glacier Point, Clouds Rest. El Capitan , Geology , Half Dome 754 Words | 2 Pages. ?Dead poets society O captain, my captain (Walt Whitman) O Captain my Captain! our . fearful trip is done; The ship has weather’d every rack, the prize we sought is won; The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting, While follow eyes the masters steady keel, the of why vessel grim and research thesis daring: But O heart! heart! heart! O the bleeding drops of of why, red, Where on the deck my Captain lies, Fallen cold and dead. O Captain! my Captain! rise up and.

Dead Poets Society , Poetry , Suicide 1473 Words | 6 Pages. Essay on the role of education in society. ? Essay on the role of education in casual work society Education, has a great social importance specially in the modern, complex . industrialised societies . Philosophers of all periods, beginning with ancient stages, devoted to it a great deal of attention. Accordingly, various theories regarding its nature and objective have come into essay of why being. Let us now examine some of the significant functions of too much essay, education.

1. Essay The? To complete the socialization process. The main social objective of education is to complete the. Education , High school , Learning 1004 Words | 3 Pages.

Pay for Exclusive Essay -
How to Write a Perfect “Why This …

Why your PDF resume might be killing you. My allergies are absolutely killing me. The battle of my body versus my environment has now reached an annoying three weeks. Essay Of Why? What’s worse is that this is the on should raised to 18 first year I’ve ever experienced an allergic catastrophe like I’m dealing with now. Seriously, it just came out of no where. But enough about me, time to talk about what might be killing you! For several years, I’ve been thinking of essay of why, writing about the horror that a PDF resume can bring to job seekers.

For too long, I’ve been waiting for the right time or the right idea/inspiration to write about this menacing problem. However, FINS absolutely crushed this topic and beat me to the punch, so I feel I must review their post and pass it on to you. I was recently quoted in FINS in a Cover Letter story , and casual work while there, I noticed their very strong PDF v. Word post. While reading through, I knew it was going to be awesome when I saw one of my best friends in essay the, the world, Sarah White, quoted in the piece. She’s brilliant and shows off her HR technology brain in the article. You can read the full post by clicking here , and dissertation binding bournemouth I invite you to check out essay, my review of the post below. If you weren’t aware already, most companies these days use an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to receive, organize, review, and search the resume that you (and everyone) send in for essay on should the driving age be, the job. Ever apply to a job and essay of why receive an almost instant email back?

Yep, that’s the ATS saying “howdy” to your face. As Sarah White mentions in the article, about 61% of North American companies have an ATS now , and job seekers will find that more and more companies will start using them. There are roughly 55 different ATS vendors on the market. Of those 55, only a few are able to binding bournemouth winton translate the information from your PDF resume into their system. Essay Of Why The? This means that if their software can not detect your info, you are simply lost in the mix. Typical Hamlet? The company is just NOT able to search your resume or your name because your information is just blank in the system.

Time For An Awesome Sarah White Quote: I think you’re always safer using a Word document than a PDF, as well as sticking to of why .doc instead of typical essay questions hamlet, .docx extensions. A PDF could potentially be readable, but you know a Word document will be read by essay of why one of these systems. Almost every large company uses an ph d research, ATS, so common sense must be on your side. If the company employs more than 500 employees, they probably have an of why, ATS. Ph D Research Papers? If you send a PDF resume and receive an automatic response, it might be in your best interest to of why apply again, this time with Word formatted resume. I know that the PDF resumes can look fun and make you seem techy and binding bournemouth winton innovative, so use them when the company is also techy and essay of why the innovative. Perfect example would be for a startup.

Most startup companies can’t afford an happiness, ATS and probably just use a excel spreadsheet to keep track of essay, everything. Feel free to essay on should raised send them your wacky and wild or pretty and fun PDF resume. Just be smart, and when applying to a larger organization use common sense and send your Word resume. When you opt for AppliView (http://www.appliview.com ) you will have a competitive advantage over many other firms. That is because you will be able to hire the best candidates into your company. Of Why? A lot of companies struggle hard to hire the finest in the industry.

They look for ways to avoid resume duplication and the driving to 18 hefty placement fees. Great article. After learning about resume screeners I didn€™t want to leave my application to chance, so I apply using Jobscan https://goo.gl/VBqdNR to essay make sure my resume is seen. The reason people use pdf documents for resumes is to protect the integrity of the bournemouth information they provide. Personally, I trust no one. So how do you insure the essay integrity of the document once it leaves your computer if not by pdf? Very informative post. Most of the job seekers are not aware of this ATS system.

Thanks for the post. Visit following website, they deliver a beautiful resume of happiness, yourself. Do you want to track your CV once it leaves your mailbox.Please try http://www.cvticker.com. Well, we just can't win. Maybe this is one of the reason why more than 50 percent of the of why the recruitment went to failure.

After all if you think about casual work it a resume is just a piece of paper, do it in their way there's no biggie, we are the seekers and they are the choosers. Essay? It's the reality. With all the people complaining, it's almost funny to be honest.. Like businesses not updating their Word programs when one comes out every couple of years(costing a very large amount of money) and facing some compatibility issues (like not being able to read .docx and such new formats), many large businesses will not update/change their text-scanning software and they will not be able to read stuff like .pdf no matter how 'easy' it apparently is to extract it. If it costs more money/time, they probably don't want to deal with it. And I don't blame them one bit.. As for your I spent sooo much time designing this fancy resum© in .pdf, and why won't they read it? :'( the skipping out on some resum©s probably helps these companies. Not only does it lower the on should the driving age be to 18 number of resum©s(probably somewhere in the hundreds or thousands) that they have to scan through (thereby lowering the the load on computers and the staff hired to look at typical questions hamlet, resum©s), fancy .pdfs are going to essay of why the have a higher file size than a simple .doc. Masters Research Thesis? The only place where I could see that being justified is in a small design business. Otherwise, your pretty little .pdf means absolutely nothing to them. You can make some very nice documents in most word processors if you know what you`re doing, it shouldn`t be a problem at all.

Use your design skills there(not really tech skills to be honest, anyone can use that program). Overall, a large business that needs a text-extractor will not care if your resum© is a little bit nicer than the essay others. Casual Work? They don`t care, in a place where they employ 1000 people if one singular person who was above average was cut out in favour of the, someone who was average. Masters Research? 0 poos given. If you are trying to highlight yourself before you even get a job offer, do it by of why the researching industry standards(such as this one) and casual work use them to essay your advantage! You are now one of the 'x' number of people who didn`t get cut out by the text-scanning system for using a.pdf, congratulations! People, please stop whining, use this stuff to the driving raised your advantage! @ Palkia The Office Open XML (DOCX, XLSX etc) standard was designed by Microsoft in 2006 for Office 2007. Of Why The? Most businesses should have a version of Word thats capable of opening a DOCX, as it's over 8 years old. XPDF, a FREE and open source PDF text extractor has been around since 1995. There's zero excuse for these software packages to not extract text out of a PDF.

This just absolutely upsets me in so many ways. Why are you recruiters depended on a system that refuses to adapt? I have been spending hours on happiness my resume to stick out and just to find out that it simply doesn't matter what efforts I have made. Yes, I do use these key word in my resume because I was aware of the ATF searches but I had no idea about the PDF issue. I had preferred to submit my resume in essay of why, PDF because I created my resume on InDesign to highlight my tech and ph d research papers design skills. and plus I figured recruiter would have issues with layout if it was in essay, a doc format.

I am sooo upset right now. Some digital age we are in. This is papers absolutely ridiculous. What kind of system is not reading my bloody resume in essay, PDF. RETARDED DESIGN IDEA!! DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE LOSING THEIR MINDS BECAUSE THEY DON 'T KNOW THIS CRUCIAL FUCKING REQUIREMENTS ?? IT 'S NOT LIKE THEY'RE IT TECHNICIANS!! @ huntingbird30 I literally crying.

I have sent so many resumes in essay the driving raised, PDF because they were designed and essay of why I spent hours on it.. and to find out they won't be looked just makes me sooo angry!. I have sent over 1000 resumes under pdf not one response. only in ph d research papers, america lol. What about sending a simple version of the PDF resume, WITH the PDF resume? The simple version would have all formating removed, and would be the the machine readable version, while the too much PDF itself would be the version the HR person would refer to. What about sending a simple version of the PDF resume, WITH the PDF resume? The simple version would have all formating removed, and would be the machine readable version, while the PDF itself would be the version the essay HR person would refer to. Seriously?

PDF text extraction is easy, there are a million open source tools for this with MIT license. Any program that is designed to scan text out of essay raised, files that cannot read PDFs has some lazy ass programmers. We should not prepare the resumes format in of why the, the PDF's style.The recruiters won't allow this type of format. free pdf (lol) resume hosting at http://fresu.me. Hey this is research thesis a nice one. Thanks for explaining it so brief. How to transfer car loan to my name? We don't scan for key words so in our system it doesn't matter if it's a word doc. or pdf resume you upload. www.ikrut.com = recruitment just got free. Regarding PDF files. Disclosure: I have NEVER seen the recruiter side of an ATS tool. There seems to be two ways to create a PDF: 1) print, scan, save 2) direct from software Option 1 would require OCR technology to convert the scanned picture to text.

While this improved over the years it is not perfect and formatting will drive OCR nuts. Option 2 usually embeds the raw text as well. Essay? These are the PDF files you can use the search function of the reader with. My assumption, I know how that can turn out, is that the casual work ATS systems should be able to pull the raw text from the computer generated file where Option 1 would cause issues. Of Why The? Regardless, why buck the system? Use the .doc or .txt format when applying and thesis avoid the issue. If you want to essay of why the publish your resume online and are concerned with someone modifying it then use the PDF format there or set the .doc file to typical questions hamlet read only. Of Why The? Just a thought. Rich, First, I really enjoy your site and your posts . eh, most of which I agree with. :-) Second, this PDF-v-DOC discussion is one that I have had with with many people over the last several years as I lecture on resume writing and online job searching here in the Atlanta area. Casual Work? I wrote a entry for my blog (http://wp.me/puGHZ-c8) about a year ago and discussed this very issue. Essay Of Why? But, like in my post, let me extend your warning comments to winton include the .ODT format as well as the .PDF format.

Both are a challenge to current-day ATS platforms. For those of you not familiar with .ODT, it's the default file format for of why the, Open Documents created with a variety of Open word processing packages, such as Sun's Open Office suite. Too Much Happiness? While it is a standard format (ISO/IEC), it's not broadly accepted on ATS platforms yet without additional (sometimes costly) add-on packages. Of Why The? So, as Rich (and others) has pointed out effectively, when applying on-line, the de facto standard for resume file formats continues to be .DOC (.DOCX is almost on-par with .DOC .. Essay? give it another year) -- stick with it for now. Keep the great posts coming along! Pardon my ignorance (I'm a job seeker, not a recruiter) but what do you mean by essay of why keywords of your industry? How can someone describe their experience and skills without using the same words as you may use to search for candidates?

Are seekers and recruiters using such different language? How can I get a list of keywords for my industry, so I make sure my resume is written in the language of recruiters? Many thanks. Use a word cloud tool like wordle.net or tagcloud.com to build a visual of the ph d research job descriptions. 1) find a job description that interests you 2) copy text 3) go to word cloud tool, paste text 4) look at visual representation of the words on the cloud. The keywords should be in a larger font Just a thought. Rich, Great column! Just one question regarding, My allergies are absolutely killing me. Essay Of Why The? Couldn't be allergic to corn, could you?!

AMEN! It is one of my biggest pet peeves, is havinbg PDF resumes. The only thinkg that drives me over the edge is masters people who send the resume with the title of resume.doc. These people do not think anyone else use that defualt title. I used to rename them to be a nice recruiter, but when i have volumes of of why the, resumes coming in, in is easier to reject it since my ATS will not process it since there is ALWAYS one already in the database! Hi Michael - Thanks for the comment and stopping by! YES, I hate generally titled resumes as well. Hamlet? I may need to write a post simply on the that. Thanks!

I have also found that it is good to place a list of essay on should to 18, key words at the bottom in essay, very small type and white characters that do not show up when printed however, many ATSs still pick up those key words when searching resumes. Just make sure those key words are relevant to the job and casual work the industry otherwise they are of no use. Hey RBC - thanks for commenting. Excellent point about keywords. Very important to note that ATS look for keywords and of why that's how people are found in the systme. Thanks. @rbc, if you are thoughtful in research, developing accomplishment-based bullets that include the crucial keywords of essay of why, your industry, then you won't need to rely on typical essay hamlet tricks such as white font, right? Recruiters and employers will quickly lose respect (and the contact info) of of why the, candidates who can't play straight. You can also introduce keywords in research thesis, your Summary Statement (not objective statement).

Don't spend your energy playing games, but rather, spend your energy creating useful and unique content. We have a saying here at ResuMAYDAY and essay of why the that's, give yourself the best resume that you've EARNED. Nothing more, nothing less. With a bit of wordsmithing and strategy, you won't have to resort to trickery. Great comment, ResuMAYDAY!

Trickery is certainly not ideal. Thanks for stopping by! Hi Rich - I always knew that job seekers should definitely have multiple formats of their resume, but I didn't realize that submitting .PDFs could be such a problem. If a job seeker is emailing their resume, what do you think of attaching all the formats they have (or at least both a .Doc and masters research .PDF)? Whenever there's an online system, the .Doc submission always works better, even if .PDF can be submitted. In those instances, it seems like the the .Doc just translates better into the system. Ph D Research Papers? Thanks for the tips! - Corey Career Blogger at essay of why, Urban Interns. Hey Corey - thanks for the comment. Dissertation Binding Winton? Attaching all of the formats may work if it's just through email. That's a good way to go about it if they know for sure it's going to essay of why a recruiters inbox.

The .doc is always best for too much essay, online submissions and of why the online systems. These systems are the ATS which basically shred up the PDF format. Thanks again! Rich, Great tip on .docx vs. .doc. It's something I suspected, but wasn't entirely sure. Thanks for the heads up. Lee. Hey Lee - thanks for the comment. I'll give Sarah White the nod for that tip! That was from her brain!

Thanks! Geez . Masters Thesis? just when I'd decided (based on essay other articles) that I was going to start sending out .pdf versions of my resume, I read this! Frankly, I have a jam-packed resume, reflecting 30+ years of experience in essay on should the driving age be raised to 18, four or five (depending how one wants to slice-and-dice it) areas of the Communications field, and it has a nasty habit of trying very hard to essay of why the push the last few items off the second page when left to the variables of thesis, how different systems display a .doc file. Obviously, having a .pdf version keeps all the info where it's supposed to essay of why the be . however, if nobody is actually READING these (either on-screen or in a print-out), I guess it doesn't matter. Heck, from reading the above I'm wondering if the no more than two pages rule is binding bournemouth still active . if it's a computer scanning my resume for keywords, I can spew out a 10-page EPIC of my professional life and stuff it to the gills with likely keywords. Of Why? Eh . Ph D Research? anyway . Essay? you've convinced me to keep attaching the .doc version for the time being! - B.T. Hey BTRIPP - I'm sorry to binding bournemouth winton have made you start over on essay of why this! It may be a hassle, but it MIGHT Be your best option to switch to the word resume.

KEEP both formats, but only casual work send the PDF to smaller companies. Essay? Good luck! Excellent advice, Rich. First off, I completely, absolutely, 100 percent agree with everything you've written so don't take anything below as being at all contradictory but instead just additional to what you've written: 1. Erin's comment from casual work a few minutes ago is one that we hear a lot. Essay Of Why? If she could only see what employers see when they're looking at essay the driving to 18, their ATS then she'd understand. Most of the essay of why the ATS software vendors seem to thesis think that formatting is for wimps and what recruiters really want is a page of unformatted, straight text with no discernible columns, bullet points, numbering, etc. Essay Of Why? So all that nice formatting like putting your dates of employment in one column and your job title and description in essay on should age be, another so employers can read at of why, a glance where you've been and what you've done? Forget about it.

It all mashes together. So any benefit that she or other job seekers perceive being there from a PDF versus a Word document quickly vanishes as soon as that PDF is sucked into a typical ATS. 2. In the 20 years since I founded this business, I've never talked with a recruiter who speaks highly of their ATS. Never. 3. I don't recall the exact percentage but it is something like 60 percent of resumes in ATS are essentially invisible to the recruiters using their ATS. Papers? The percentage was given to me by essay the folks at Preptel, which have created a system which will convert the resume you post at a job board or other web site into a format that is compatible with each of the major ATS and then posts your resume for dissertation binding bournemouth winton, you. Incredibly, putting dates in one column and job titles and descriptions in another -- like most resumes seem to be -- is one of the biggest problems for essay the, the ATS. These resumes often end up with all of the information from the first column (the dates) being lumped together in one paragraph and then all of the information from the second column (job titles and descriptions) appearing at the bottom of the resume so the recruiter has no easy way of determining which dates go with which jobs.

These ATS have only been around for age be, 15 years. Essay Of Why? You'd think they'd care more about the candidates and their clients. If they did, you'd never see a problem like this. By the way, we'll be implementing a partnership with Preptel this fall so candidates who apply to jobs on our site will have their resumes properly posted to the employer's ATS. 4. If the employer's system allows you to do so, upload your resume as a PDF, Word document, AND a plain text document. Look long and hard at that last one. If you can read it on your screen, then the employer should be able to typical questions hamlet read it in their ATS. Plain text documents force you to trash all of of why, those columns, bullets, etc. so what you end up with is a 1993-looking document that should be perfectly compatible with just about every ATS out there and that will greatly increase your chances of the employer being able to find you.

5. Employers using ATS find candidates who have applied to jobs not by reading through a stack of resumes like so many candidates think but instead by keyword searching. An employer might receive hundreds or even thousands of resumes per essay day and many of them tell me that at least 90 percent are unqualified. The? Rather than wasting time reading through the 90 percent, the employers try to find the 10 percent by running keyword searches just like we all do when we go to casual work Google, Bing, or Yahoo. But just like those searches, you often end up missing what you're searching for because you didn't use the right keyword phrase or the of why the page that has the information you want didn't include the on should the driving keyword phrase that you used when you were searching for it. So think about what keyword phrases the of why the employer would use -- even if there's an idiot on ph d papers their end -- and then use those same phrases in your resume. Keep up the good work, Rich! What is the best thing to do if i have pdf resume? im not getting any response. Hey Steven - Anything you say I listen to.

Disagreeing with me or not. Not blowing smoke up your ass here, but I do tend to of why learn a thing or two from you when you speak (or type). I agree with you on your points. Specifically, ATS programs need to get better. Typical Essay Hamlet? I didn't like the one we had, but I'll tell you that when we didn't have it, things were worse. It didn't complete solve the problem, but it helped me reach more people. I was more efficient in my job, and as the only recruiter for my company, I felt more in control. In regards to essay of why #3, I think recruiters are constantly trying to too much happiness do their job better. Essay Of Why? In our field, what slows us down is what we usually think about. If something slows us down, we are to blame. For that reason, the casual work ATS is critical.

When it fails (which does happen), it hurts us. I think that's why many don't like their ATS, or at least want something better. Great points in #4. The? Regards to #5, completely forgot to casual work mention keywords in the post. Excellent! I shouldn't have wrote it at 3am! If recruiters aren't trained on key word searching, then they are missing out. But if they don't know what key words to essay of why search, then they probably have larger issues.

Thanks again for the kind words and your thoughts! Seriously, WTF? It sounds like ATS systems are the research papers dumbest thing on the the planet, HR people hate them, and casual work yet they keep using them because . Essay? . Thesis? . Of Why? why? Why hasn't sheer demand forced the companies that make these systems create something acceptable? And yet job seekers are still expected to sift through endless conflicting sources of advice despite the ph d papers fact that almost nothing they will do can give them a reasonable chance of not being rejected by of why an idiotic system? I suppose I am lucky that I am in casual work, an industry (architecture) where most firms are far too small to of why use such systems. Typical? At least if I am rejected, it's most often by a human being who has actually at essay of why, least glanced at age be raised to 18, my resume, instead of a computer system that doesn't properly do the job it was designed to do even half the time.

Sheesh. Hey there, Rich, I'm interested in hearing more about of why the Steve's #4 and your original point #3: If you send a PDF resume and receive an automatic response, it might be in your best interest to masters apply again, this time with Word formatted resume. Of Why? I've thought about applying multiple times with different formats, but hesitated on the grounds that it would be redundant, annoying and perceived as unprofessional. You've changed my mind! I still have questions though: Steve's answer was limited to essay the driving raised one application with multiple file formats, but it didn't exclude the multiple applications idea. What do you think of this idea, Steve? Also, Rich, your original point #3 is not be a popular alternative in the comments, and I'm not sure why, since it appears to solve the file format problem nicely and increase visibility in the ATS. Could you expound on this more, and essay of why the maybe take a stab at binding bournemouth, the reasons why someone might not use multiple applications? Also, do you have any resources about the the various ATS systems in use? Where and how can I find information about the capabilities of each system?

I understand the the rules of the job hunt are not determined by masters me. I must humbly conform to the needs of HR representatives, and I do. That being said, I can still grumble grumble a little at this. Essay? As a mac user (like many others), I save my resumes as PDFs before submitting. I can save as a Word doc, but I have had issues in the past with formatting not saving properly. I find it hard to imagine that these HR professionals aren't aware that they are missing out on a number of typical essay hamlet, candidates because of a PDF submission. The? Unless they are looking to filter out as many candidates as possible, why would they intentionally use a software that completely ignores a number of candidates that may be the perfect fit for a position? Is it just that they don't understand the software or does it make their job easier by essay the driving age be raised cutting the number of candidates? Can't say I like it, but I understand your point and essay the will take your advice to submit .doc's going forward. Hi Erin - thanks for your comment!

Perfectly understand your grumbling, and you aren't alone. Ph D Papers? It's not something that I love about the system. It's just how it is. But I'll say this. Essay The? As a resume reviewer, I care LESS about the format, than I do about the content. The purpose of the ATS is to organize your information once you're in the system. If your content is solid, I'll probably find you in there and review your information. Casual Work? If the format is messed up, I'll still consider you if the information is good. Of Why The? Format is less important than content and essay the driving raised grammar. Essay Of Why The? That's key to understand.

But. if you do have the PDF and it doesn't come through, then I'm not even able to read your content. Why do people use it? A large company may receive 500 resumes per day. They simply can not open each one in an email. It would clog their email and they'd miss many people. Winton? It's not that recruiters don't understand the essay software, it's that the software doesn't understand PDF's. That needs to change, and I'm sure in the next couple years that will absolutely change.

Thanks again for your thoughts! […] Medicare fee schedule in effect for Calendar Years 2013 and 2014, or the fee schedule … Why your PDF resume might be killing you | Corn on the Job Aug 18, 2011 … This post explains why you should use a word format for your resume. … […]

How to buy essay cheap with no worries -
Essay - Wikipedia

amy rondeau resume Not everyone is essay of why the, cut out for sales - especially cold calling. Quite frankly, few are. Finding those few natural, exceptional people can be a challenge in any environment, but especially now when so many people are looking for jobs. Essay Hamlet. With a single job posting you can be inundated with cover letters and resumes, many of whom are not the essay the, slightest bit qualified. Still others look great on paper but turn out to be a big mistake a week into the job. So how do you find the right people for your sales team? There are a few key qualities to look for typical in every sales manager you hire. These characteristics have nothing to essay of why the, do with their job history. While experience is obviously a factor, the people who exhibit the following traits naturally are the ones who will bring you the most success.

One of the easier characteristics to identify is the ability to get along easily with anyone and everyone. You want someone who likes walking into a room of strangers and introducing themselves. But it's more than just being outgoing. As any good DOS knows, hotel sales is all about building relationships with meeting planners. And with so many different groups out there, no two meeting planners are exactly alike. Developing those relationships takes time, and binding bournemouth, the process is essay the, never quite the same for any particular prospect. A great sales manager will : Find and build upon a point of connection with the prospect quickly. Make every person they talk to feel like they can relate on a personal and professional level. Feel at ease interacting with different types of typical essay questions, people in any social or business situation. The interview is a great time to gauge whether a candidate is truly a people person.

They are in essay of why the, essence selling themselves to you. If they seem awkward or ill at masters research thesis, ease talking about themselves - a subject they should be very well versed in - it does not bode well for the their sales skills. A Good Conversationalist. Separate from being good at building relationships, a great sales manager will also be very skilled at the art of conversation. These are not shy people. A good conversationalist is: Excellent at small talk, explanations, even story telling. Good at questions, sharing things about themselves, but more importantly, good at getting others to share important things with them. Experienced in knowing how to lead a conversation in a way that's natural. There's a delicate balance between guiding a conversation and still giving the prospect enough room to talk about what they're interest in. Fast on their feet. They should be able to pick up on both positive cues and potential road blocks and know how to respond quickly.

Bunny Homa, business development manager at Oak Ridge, a Dolce conference hotel in essay of why, Chaska, Minnesota, points out that a good sales person knows it isn't features and benefits they are selling - it's all about listening to what the customer is looking for, and providing solutions based on their needs. It often means being a keen listener rather than a good talker, she explains. Al Luciano, director of papers, sales and marketing at La Torretta Lake Resort Spa in Montgomery, Texas, agrees that it's all about of why the being a good listener and doing your homework before you even start the sales process. Too Much Essay. Most sales people will just start talking to a person without really understanding who the customer is, says Luciano. A good sales person can articulate certain questions to lead the customer where they want them to go. The way to do that, explains Luciano, is by finding out about the essay the, customer ahead of time: Knowland data, the customer's web page, their Linked In profile, and masters thesis, their Facebook page are all different things you can look at before you start talking to someone to find out of why who you are dealing with. Even the best sales person is bournemouth winton, going to face rejection. Whether it's a person who just can't be bothered or an essay assistant who refuses access to the decision-maker, rejections will happen. When they do, a good sales manager needs to be able to: Have the persistence to essay hamlet, call back meeting planners time and again even when they may be avoiding them.

Know how to the, handle objections from thesis gatekeepers in a professional manner. Understand that sales is the, a game of numbers, and for every rejection they receive they get one call closer to too much, their next contract. Essay Of Why The. You can't let lost business get you down, says Homa. Even when you're having a bad month, you have to maintain your positive attitude and just keep plugging away on too much happiness essay your goals and working your plan! For any great hotel sales manager, sales is more than a job. It's a passion - to prospect, find new business, exceed sales goals, and essay the, get that big bonus.

That drive to succeed is one of the number one characteristics hoteliers want each of their sales managers to have. If they have passion and casual work, accountability, the other important traits usually fall into place, notes Peg Grigolo, director of national sales for Portfolio Hotels Resorts. If you're not driven then you're not going to make the phone calls, you're not going to bring in essay the, the business, your hotel is not going to be successful, and you're not going to keep your job. Telesa Via is city director of sales marketing for Kimpton Hotels Restaurants in the Washington D.C. area. She advises hotel executives to learn what best motivates each of masters thesis, their sales managers and then tap into that passion: Get to know your sales managers as individuals so you can find out what drives them.

The more they feel rewarded and acknowledged for their successes, the essay, better they will perform. With passion comes enthusiasm for the property you represent, says Luciano. Research. A hotel sales manager can do all the essay the, sales process things correctly, but if they don't believe what they're selling is truly good for the person they're talking to, the person will pick that up straight away. In the interview, look for candidates who have true passion. Ask them why they like sales. Hamlet. The best people love it because they know they can compete and win - and that's what they live for. A person can have all of the above characteristics but if they're not a good cold caller, they're not going to be a great sales manager. In the end, it all comes down to of why, being great on the phone. Even some of the most outgoing conversationalists out there look at the phone as if it weighs 40 pounds. The biggest people person can't always translate their skills.

The only accurate way of finding out whether a candidate possesses this ability is to see them in action. That's why at Knowland we put all our new hires on the phone on their very first day. Since we have a business development process in place to track our sales efforts, it becomes clear quickly whether or not a new sales person is up to the task. A good cold caller should: Be able to make 30 or more calls per day. This may seem like a huge number for some hoteliers but it is essay questions hamlet, standard operating procedure for dozens of other industries! Embrace the of why the, phone as their friend. It may sound corny, but they shouldn't need to be goaded into making their calls - they should enjoy it!

Being a great sales manager takes a special type of person. They either have it or they don't. While finding the right people for your team is crucial, you don't have an endless amount of masters research thesis, time to spend picking through the mediocre. Essay. To quickly zero in on your best candidates, look for on should age be raised people who have all five of essay of why, these qualities in abundance. Talented sales people combined with powerful business development software can have a tremendous impact on increasing group business at your property. Michael McKean founded the Knowland Group in ph d papers, 2004. Essay The. He is directly responsible for the company's strategic planning, operations management and product development. His background in designing and implementing enterprise sized information systems has given him a wealth of ph d, knowledge that has served him well as the of why the, lead visionary behind the Knowland Group. Mr.

McKean graduated from the University of Colorado and has taken graduate level courses in masters, information systems. He is an essay the active member in the Washington, DC chapter of the Entrepreneur's Organization. Mr. McKean can be contacted at 302-645-9777 Ext: 204 or MMcKean@KnowlandGroup.com Extended Bio. HotelExecutive.com retains the casual work, copyright to the articles published in essay the, the Hotel Business Review. Articles cannot be republished without prior written consent by HotelExecutive.com. OCTOBER: Revenue Management: Technology and Big Data. Bournemouth Winton. Why Customer-Centric Companies Win By Megan Wenzl, Associate Editor, ReviewTrackers.

It is hard to argue that a company’s primary focus be anything else but the customer, but just how essential is it for companies to be customer-focused? The answer is of why the, - very essential. A major part of bournemouth winton, being customer-focused is understanding and essay of why, then ensuring you are giving customers what they want. Specifically, if customers are looking for experiences, then create experiences that are unique and personalized. Details matter. In the the driving, 21st century, customers have access to a wide variety of essay of why, valuable third-party information about businesses to help them decide on a hotel at which to stay on their next vacation. READ MORE. Why Hotel Technology Hasn't Kept Pace with Revenue Management By Michael McCartan, Managing Director Europe, the essay, Middle East, and Africa, Duetto. Michael McCartan, Managing Director of Europe, Middle East Africa for Duetto, looks at why the hotel industry has historically lagged behind the technologically advanced online travel agents (OTAs).

He addresses the issues of data sharing and analytics, and how these can help shape revenue management decisions as well as enhance the guest experience. He looks at machine learning and technology as a way of removing friction from the guest experience, and questions how this can be incorporated into hotel operations. And he calls on the the hotel industry to too much happiness essay, work together to open up a shared “data lake” and essay the, compete head-on with the essay hamlet, OTAs. READ MORE. Net Operating Income Forecasts By Bram Gallagher, Economist, CBRE Hotels' Americas Research. Revenue managers are increasingly interested in the potential for of why the alternative performance metrics to give a better understanding of profitability than RevPAR. In this paper, I describe an NOI metric CBRE Hotels’ Americas Research is the driving raised, developing to give a better understanding of the relationship pass-through performance has with occupancy. To produce this metric, I estimate expenses and revenues from all sources separately with an econometric model. The difference of the sum of expense from the essay the, sum of revenues is the typical questions, NOI.

I demonstrate that when occupancy is increasing, revenues grow more quickly than expenses, and NOI growth exceeds RevPAR growth. The inverse is demonstrated for occupancy retrenchment. Forecast values of occupancy and ADR can be applied to the model to produce a forecast of the, NOI. READ MORE. How Revenue Managers Win Using Group Data and Technology By Jim Vandevender, Chief Marketing Officer, Knowland. Revenue management has come a long way since its early days of essay the driving age be raised, basic yield management. Many consider 1989 a pivotal turning point when revenue management became a permanent part of hotel management and not just a passing trend.

This was the of why, year when Sheryl E. Kimes' oft-cited paper “The Basics of Yield Management” appeared in Cornell Quarterly. Hotels quickly realized that revenue management was a key component of essay to 18, winning the occupancy, ADR, and RevPar race. Hospitality revenue management teams are increasingly integral, strategic, and proactive participants in driving revenue streams. Essay. Large and small hospitality organizations alike are committed to the critical function this discipline serves and have developed structures to support the masters research thesis, professionals who focus on this key area of a hotel’s success. With advancements in market data, decision science, and technology, revenue management continues to evolve. Of Why. This is especially true of the masters thesis, groups and meetings segment, where revenue managers are using market data and advanced analytics to inform their actions, hone sales strategies, and unite sales and revenue management toward a common goal. READ MORE.

For 15 years, the Hotel Business Review journal has been a leading online resource for hotel executives, providing white papers on best practices in hotel management and operations. With a dedicated board of essay of why, more than 300 contributing editors - some of the most recognizable names in masters thesis, hotels - the Hotel Business Review maintains a progressive flow of the, exclusive content every week, so that owners, operators, senior executives, investors and developers can stay informed on the constant changes in the hotel industry. k.

Write my essay for me with Professional Academic Writers -
Essay - Wikipedia

english term papers How to Write Term Papers. Writing a term paper is one of the most common requirements for an upper-division course such as the the one for which this book was probably assigned. Casual Work? Such term papers usually count for a significant part of essay your final grade. Yet many, perhaps most, students have never received formal instruction about happiness, how to write a good research report. The following pages are meant to help you write an A paper by giving you some guidelines about how to go about your research and writing. Why do instructors assign papers? Answering this question is a good place to start thinking about term papers because if you know why papers are such a common assignment, then perhaps you can approach the task with added enthusiasm and essay dedication. Binding Bournemouth Winton? Two goals usually motivate this assignment.

One goal relates to the specific subject of the course; the essay of why the other goal is based on your professional development. The first course-specific goal is to increase your expertise in some particular substantive area. The amount that you learn from this or almost any other course will be expanded significantly by doing research and by writing a paper. The effort will allow you to delve into typical hamlet the intricacies of a specific topic far beyond what is possible in the no doubt broad lectures that your instructor must deliver in class. Your research will go beyond the necessarily general commentary found in this text. The second and probably more important goal behind a paper-writing assignment extends beyond the specific content of the course. The object is to of why the, sharpen your analytic and writing skills in preparation for the professional career that you may wish to pursue after graduation. Do not underestimate the importance of such thinking and ph d communications skills. Most professional positions that college graduates seek will eventually require that you find information, analyze it, and convey your conclusions and recommendations to essay of why the, others, including your boss. You will be judged by your product.

A survey of ranking business executives a few years ago asked them what accounted for masters research the rise of their most successful young subordinates compared to the failure or slow progress of essay of why other junior executives. Communications skills was one of the factors most mentioned by the top executives. No matter how smart you are, no matter how much you know, these assets will be hidden unless you can communicate well. The evaluation of your academic and professional work will be based partly on its substantive quality. Masters Research Thesis? A well-researched, clearly organized, incisively analyzed, powerfully written report will enhance your professional standing; a poorly done report will cast a shadow on your professional competency. It is essay of why, also important to realize that your report will be judged in part by such standards as neatness, grammar, and spelling, and other such technical criteria. Research Papers? It is not uncommon for university instructors to get papers that represent a good research and analytical effort but that are sloppy, contain numerous grammatical errors, are full of misspellings, or are burdened by other such technical deficiencies. Such shortcomings make you look bad. It is very difficult for of why an instructor (or, later on, your boss) to be dazzled by your intellectual acumen while being simultaneously appalled by your English usage. Also do not delude yourself with the common refrain, When I get on the job, I will do it right. It takes practice to do things well.

That is true for too much happiness rollerblading, shooting baskets, and the playing the guitar. It is also true for doing a research paper. Now, in college, is the time to practice and learn. Your instructor is likely to be more patient and helpful than your boss will ever be. Most successful efforts require some planning. Here are two hints about what to do before you begin to do research on, much less write, your paper.

Both hints are tritely obvious; both are regularly ignored to the student's disadvantage. 1. Follow instructions. Your instructor will (or at least should) let you know what is expected. Far too often, students write papers that do not fulfill the essay on should the driving age be raised assigned task. If you do not understand the assignment, if you have any doubts at all, discuss it with your instructor. It is of why, not uncommon in class or on the driving the job for of why a person to get instructions, to not understand them, but to be reluctant to ask for clarification for fear of seeming dumb. This is bournemouth, a significant error. In the first place, your boss will probably not think less of the you for asking for clarification. In the second place, asking for supplementary instructions is far, far better than doing a report that does not meet the needs of your boss and is not what he or she wanted.

That really makes you look dumb. 2. Dissertation Binding Bournemouth Winton? Do not wait until the last minute. Last-minute efforts usually read like last-minute efforts! Plan backward from the date the paper is due to essay of why the, allow plenty of time to get it done. A good paper requires careful preparation, research, critical thinking, and writing.

These steps take time. Also, allow time for the unexpected. Computers crash or files get erased; printer toner or ribbons run out and have to be replaced; personal crises arise. You need to be able to cope with these and still get the paper done on time. My hard disk crashed is one of the hamlet modern excuses of choice; it is no more acceptable than the classic, My dog ate my paper. Being late with reports in class or on the job is a very, very bad idea. The next step in your progress toward an award-winning research paper is to choose your topic carefully. If you are responsible for choosing your own topic, put some thought into this decision. First, as mentioned, make sure any topic you select fulfills the paper assignment. Essay The? Second, if possible pick a topic that interests you. The more interested you are in thesis, a topic, the easier it will be for you to devote time and energy to of why the, studying it and to writing about it.

Third, ensure that you select a topic that fits the length of the binding paper that you intend to write, the research resources that are available to you, and your analytical tools. Length: If you attempt to essay of why the, write a 10-page paper entitled The President and Congress Struggle for Power: Two Centuries of Constitutional Conflict, then your paper is destined to ph d, be a mile wide and an inch deep, as they say. Essay Of Why The? It is better to do something more narrowly focused and to do it well than to give a superficial treatment of a large subject. Research Resources: Trying to ph d research papers, write a paper on Secret Military Operations in the Persian Gulf War would also be a mistake because the government has not released the relevant information. You should take the holdings of essay the your library into account.

If you are at a major research university, you can probably find whatever you need. Even at large libraries, however, you may have trouble finding good sources to support a research paper on U.S.-Sri Lankan relations or U.S. policy regarding international cooperation in the development of essay the driving age be mining technology. As your library holdings decrease, your ability to study unusual or narrow topics decreases as well. So be careful not to choose a topic that destines you to fail. Analytical Tools: If you are going to pick a topic such as The Use by the Federal Reserve of the essay Discount Rate to Influence Monetary Relations, then you had better be sure you have the background to understand the complexities that you will encounter. Similarly, ensure that you have the proper statistical skills if you are going to analyze votes in Congress to see whether length of service, party affiliation, constituency interest, or the margin of victory is most closely associated with a senator's support of too much presidential proposals. For all of these issues, rule number 1 here and throughout this writing guide is check with the essay of why instructor if there is any doubt in your mind. Indeed, it is a very good idea to write a paragraph on casual work what you intend to analyze, show it to the professor, and get his or her reaction. Now the project begins in earnest. Good research is the foundation of your paper. It stands to essay the, reason that without a solid foundation, the paper you build will inevitably be weak.

As a general rule, your paper will be stronger if you use a good variety of the most up-to-date, and the most specific and expert, resources. The Library: The place to papers, do research is the library. Do not be intimidated if the essay the library on your campus is big and unfamiliar. Casual Work? Even the most experienced faculty member needs help sometimes, particularly when using such specialized sources as government documents. The good news is that assistance is readily available. This appendix will presently outline some of the main resources you may find in your library. Essay Of Why The? The list can serve only as a very brief introduction, however, so it is important to ph d research, make use of the library's staff. When you get lost, as we all do, ask the of why nearest librarian for help. Actually just standing around and looking confused will suffice sometimes to summon aid. Research Strategies: When you are doing your research it is important to be creative.

Here are a few tips: 1. Start out by reading a general study or two on your subject. This will give you a broad grasp of your topic and will help you identify what is important and on what you need to focus your research. Simply jumping in and beginning to do research in specialized studies can often waste a considerable amount of the driving raised your time. Textbooks can also be helpful. For many topics, one starting point might be a U.S. diplomatic history text such as American Foreign Policy (Paterson, Clifford, Hagan, 1991a, b). Of Why The? A general introduction to international relations such as International Politics on the World Stage (Rourke, 1995) might also prove helpful to gain an overview of a topic. 2. Treat research like a detective story.

Search under a variety of subject headings when looking for sources in the physical or computerized card catalog, in an index, or any other finding aid. If, for example, you are doing a paper on Vietnam, do not limit yourself to looking under V for Vietnam. Other likely subject headings might be Asia, Southeast; Ho Chi Minh; Kissinger, Henry; Johnson, Lyndon B.; Nixon, Richard M.; U.S.-Foreign Relations; or U.S.-History. 3. Look at the most recent books and journal articles first. These sources will usually contain a bibliography and notes that list earlier works on the subject.

This can be an invaluable as well as a time-saving step in dissertation, locating supplementary source material. 4. Photocopy important material. If you can afford it, photocopying is much faster than taking notes and there is essay of why, less chance for essay on should to 18 error. If you take written notes, use index cards. Larger cards are better than smaller ones. Use one card for each quote, statistic, or other piece of research that you collect.

Cards work well because they can be arranged easily. For topics with distinct parts, you might even want to try a different color card for each part. Some people use portable computers to take notes. If you do, be sure to make a backup copy on a floppy disk. 5. Make a careful and complete notation of the the source of your material. Later on we will cover why and how to cite material, but there is nothing more frustrating than having to go back to the library to look up a citation that you should have noted clearly and completely in on should age be raised, the first place. Your library contains many types of resources that you can utilize to do your research. The following list is a mere beginning. Use it, but also go to your library, wander about a bit looking at its various sections and the resources that each contains, and ask librarians about what is available. You may be surprised at how many resources you discover. Reference Works: One of the most important places in of why, your library is the reference room.

We will mention some of the dissertation resources you will find there, but if you follow our advice about essay of why the, exploring this resource area, you may save yourself many hours later on. The materials in the reference room are valuable resources for beginning to structure the too much happiness basic outline of your topic. Political science encyclopedias and dictionaries are one type of resource. The? There are many. For an American foreign policy course you might wish to look at age be raised sources such as the Dictionary of essay American Diplomatic History (Findling, 1989) or, at the most general level of political science, you might wish to consult The Encyclopedic Dictionary of American Government (Dushkin, 1991).

There are similar works, such as The Oxford Companion to Politics of the casual work World (Krieger, 1993), that are global in scope. Of Why? Then there are resources such as Editorial Research Reports , the Political Handbook of the essay the driving raised World , or the Index to International Public Opinion that deal with particular topics, give summaries of various governments, or take other specialized approaches. Such works are normally acceptable sources; general-purpose encyclopedias (such as the Encyclopaedia Britannica , the World Book , etc.) typically are not suitable, although the bibliographies they include with individual topics may prove helpful. In a U.S. foreign policy class, an often overlooked place to start is the series of works published by Congressional Quarterly. Weekly updates come in the form of the Congressional Quarterly Weekly Reports . Information on of why an annual basis comes out in the Congressional Quarterly Almanac . Casual Work? Multiyear summaries called Congress and the Nation are available as well. These contain the basics of most U.S. foreign policy actions. Besides coverage of congressional policy making, summaries of presidential or executive branch actions are included as well. The? The reference room also has bibliographies of works on casual work various subjects. Of Why The? These are classified under Z. Questions? Check with the reference librarians. Essay? They may save you time. Books: Use your library's computer access system or card catalog for books on your subject.

A good place to start is with the Library of the driving age be raised Congress Subject Headings for ways to essay the, cross-reference your search for books. In the Library of Congress system, most U.S. history is research thesis, under the letter E. For economics, look at the H; for essay questions world history, consult books under D. Under H, the subsets of HC, HG, and HJ are particularly good for essay of why the economics. The letter J encompasses most works on political science. As subsets, the letters JK focus on U.S. politics; JL, JN, and JQ cover other parts of the masters thesis world; and JX covers international politics. Military affairs are under U. It is valuable to know these letters because sometimes it is worthwhile to simply go to of why, the stacks where those letters are shelved and browse a bit to uncover resources that you may have missed in your computer or card catalog search. The shelves in the reference room are partly arranged using the ph d papers Library of Congress system. Older books are also sometimes catalogued under the essay the Dewey decimal system with the casual work 300s and essay 900s of too much especial relevance to political science and history. Scholarly Journal Articles: Some topics, like U.S. Essay The? diplomacy during the recent fighting in Bosnia-Herzegovina, may be so contemporary that there are few or no books yet available. In such cases, scholarly journals are more likely sources of information and analysis. You should consult journals even for noncontemporary topics because scholars may have found new information or conducted new analyses.

The places to find journal articles are the Public Affairs Information Service , the Social Sciences Index , the masters thesis S ocial Sciences Citation Index , and the ABC Pol Sci . You should be able to find most, if not all of these, in essay of why the, your library's reference room. Just a few of the leading journals in foreign policy and international affairs are Foreign Affairs, Foreign Policy, International Affairs, International Organization, International Security, International Studies Quarterly, Journal of Conflict Resolution, Journal of International Affairs, Orbis, and World Politics. There are also many journals such as the American Political Science Review that contain general political science research. Government Publications: You may also find valuable information that has been published in a report of a governmental agency, in hearings or reports of casual work a congressional committee, or in the transcripts of the the proceedings of Congress. The United Nations and a number of masters research other international organizations also publish proceedings and reports. There are several indexes available. The Monthly Catalog of the United States Government Publications provides a comprehensive list of sources.

The CIS/Index by the Congressional Information Service abstracts and casual work indexes congressional hearings and reports. Debates and other proceedings of Congress are found in the daily Congressional Record. Of Why The? At some schools, accessing government documents can be a challenge. See your reference librarians for help with government publications. Newsmagazines and Newspapers: If you are covering a current topic or need to casual work, have a day-by-day account of events and cannot find one elsewhere, you may be forced to turn to newsmagazines and newspapers. Be sure, however, to check with your instructor to essay the, ensure that these are considered acceptable sources for casual work your assignment. Mostly they are useful for facts or for contemporary quotes and are usually not good sources of the analysis. Ph D? Your library may have a computerized access system such as InfoTrac to assist you.

The Reader's Guide to Periodical Literature also helps access this material. Additionally, major newspapers like the New York Times, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times are indexed. Some are now available on of why the CD-ROM, allowing you to essay on should the driving age be, use the computer to search by essay, subject and then print out the relevant stories. For instance, InfoTrac is casual work, one CD-ROM-based system that among other things indexes the essay of why the New York Times, Washington Post, Christian Science Monitor, Wall Street Journal, and Los Angeles Times. The Lexis/Nexis computer database will not only provide you with indexed citations of age be raised journalistic articles, but also with the text of the article in most instances. See the of why the reference librarians for help with such resources.

There are sources such as Facts on dissertation File and Keesing's Contemporary Archives that are compilations of weekly news events and are indexed. World Wide Web (WWW) Electronic Resources: Over the past few years it has become increasingly easy to find research information by using the Internet. Until recently the Gopher system of data archives was the dominant form of Internet information access, but now most governmental and nongovernmental organizations, universities, and even many businesses have developed access to their research resources over the graphic environment on the World Wide Web. The following are a number of Web sites that will get you started in searching for of why the information you may need in on should raised to 18, writing your research paper. Although some of the Uniform Resource Locators (URL) listed below are for specific information sources, most provide you with hot-linked lists that will get you to where you might want to look for of why the information. It is important to ph d papers, note that URLs change frequently. If any of these do not work for you, double-check the essay the URL or contact the organization sponsoring the page. Miscellaneous Sources: Our listing here can only binding begin to cover what is in your library.

There may be a map room. There may also be an audio-visual section. Some libraries contain archives or a rare book collection. Talk to a librarian or your professor for added information. Also realize that no library has everything.

Consequently, you may find references to sources that are not found in your library. You can usually order such sources from other libraries through the of why interlibrary loan program. Check with your reference librarians to research thesis, learn how to use this service. Essay Of Why The? Be advised, however, that interlibrary loans take some time. So order any needed sources as early as possible. External Sources: Knowledge is not confined to libraries or even campuses. Dissertation Winton? A surprising number of students know someone who knows something about the specifics of some U.S. Of Why The? foreign policy issue. Even if you do not know someone personally, you might find it interesting and ph d possible to conduct an the interview with a decision maker or some other relevant person. Some students have been known to telephone the State Department for essay to 18 information successfully. Others have called the United Nations Missions or local consulates of essay the other countries involved to get information from them. For advice on casual work unconventional sources, see your instructor.

The keys to effective papers are good organization and essay presentation of ideas and error-free technical skills. There are a number of sources that you can access to help you both organize and on should the driving raised write your paper. Essay? Some are: Writer's Guide: Political Science (Biddle Holland, 1987); The Chicago Manual of Style (1993); The Write Stuff (Cronin, 1986); Writing with Power (Elbow, 1981); The Elements of Style (Strunk White, 1979); and A Manual for Writers of essay the driving to 18 Term Papers, Theses, and Dissertations (Turabian, 1987). Our comments on writing a paper that follow may prove helpful to you, but they are not substitutes for the fuller discussions you will find in these writing guides. There are three organizational issues to consider. They are the outline, the parts of the essay of why the paper, and the approach.

Outline: No one would think of building a house, computer, or other important and complex project without a plan. Students regularly write papers without a plan. As a result, poor organization is a common weakness of masters research thesis undergraduate term papers. The best way to construct your plan and to organize information for maximum effect is to put together an outline. An outline serves to essay the, lay out your paper's structure, to too much, ensure that it is complete and logical, and to essay of why, prevent you from getting off the track. Determine what you wish to typical, accomplish in essay of why the, the paper; then prepare an happiness essay outline specifying every step from Introduction to Conclusion. Linear writing is crucial in professional papers and reports. Essay The? A good outline also serves to help you later: It ensures that you stay on track, write an accurate summary for your conclusions, and cover all of the relevant information and arguments.

Parts: All papers should have three basic parts: an introduction, a main body, and essay on should the driving age be to 18 a conclusion. The introduction is the key to letting your reader know where you are headed and essay of why the what you will accomplish. Remember always that while the organization of your paper may be clear to essay hamlet, you, it is not clear to your reader. Therefore, the introduction is something like a road map that acquaints the reader with the journey ahead. This will make it easier for the reader to understand what follows and will improve the reader's evaluation of your work. Tell the reader in concise terms (1) what the subject of the paper is, (2) what it is that you hope to the, find out, and (3) how you will go about it. If you are writing an advanced, theoretical paper, your introduction might well also include a review of the existing scholarship on the subject, a section in casual work, which you identify how you collected your data and other information, and a discussion of the methodology you will use.

Wolfinger (1993) is a guide for such advanced papers. The main body is the largest part of the essay of why paper. It should have a logical organization. The Driving? Especially if the paper is essay of why the, long, it is often a good idea to divide the main body into sections designated by headings and subheadings. Look at almost any text, including this one, and you will see that it uses headings to help keep the reader aware of the organizational structure.

Also with regard to your main body, do not assume knowledge on essay the part of the of why reader. Include all important information, explain its significance, and detail your logic. Write your paper as though its reader will be a reasonably intelligent and informed person but not an expert on ph d your topic. Your instructor wants to know what you know and will not read into the paper information that is not there. The conclusion should sum up what you have found and stress the evidence that supports your analysis. There is something very human about wanting to have things summed up, so do not leave your reader hanging without a conclusion. Approach: There are several ways to approach your paper.

A common organizational approach is a chronological one. The advantage of of why this approach is that it uses the passage of time as its organizing mechanism. The disadvantage of a chronological approach is that it can easily become a laundry list of events, both important and unimportant. Students often list everything they find, leaving it to the reader to dissertation binding bournemouth winton, determine which factors are most important. Chronologies are also no substitute for analysis. There is nothing wrong with a chronological approach if it is done well; just be sure to put more emphasis throughout on the why things happened than on what happened.

A more analytic approach would be organized around a set of factors, or variables, that are important to the subject of the paper. Theoretical approaches can also be used to organize a paper. See Allison's (1971) Essence of Decision for research papers an illustration of such an analytic approach. Whatever approach you choose, bear in mind that a cardinal rule is, analyze, analyze, analyze! Summarizing your findings in the conclusion does not mean that this is the only place to put you in the paper. Essay Of Why The? Your analysis should appear throughout the paper.

A big error that many novice writers make is to use the main body of the paper to thesis, create a heap of facts and to wait until the conclusion to say what they mean. Essay Of Why The? This approach is boring and casual work will not impress your readers with your analytical ability. The best papers by essay, far are those that draw data, events, and on should the driving age be other material together and interpret them throughout. Besides organization, the other hallmark of a good paper is clarity in writing. Remember that if a paper fails to communicate well, then its research-no matter how well done--will have little impact. There is an old piece of advice that says, write like you speak. This is terrible advice, at least for formal papers. Good written communication is somewhat different from good spoken communication. When you speak to someone, especially face to face, you can convey meaning through voice inflection, gestures, and essay of why the other methods in addition to your words. These methods are not available in written communications.

Therefore, choice of words, punctuation, and other considerations are particularly vital when you write. Good writing can be divided into three parts: effort, style considerations, and technical matters. Effort: Thomas Alva Edison once supposedly commented that Genius is one percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration. That is true whether one is inventing the lightbulb or creating an essay, a report, or a book. Writing and polishing drafts of a paper take time and effort. They cannot be done the night before the paper is due. If you sit down at your word processor the night before your report is due and write it into the wee hours of the morning, you will almost certainly leave your reader as bleary-eyed when he or she reads the paper as you were when you wrote it. Two things to casual work, do are to write drafts and to get others to read your paper.

1. Write a draft, preferably more than one. No professional writer would dream of sending a manuscript out for review or to press without writing multiple drafts. Essay? Indeed, the more one writes, the more one feels the need to do drafts. Only undergraduates have the hubris to casual work, keyboard a paper into the computer, print a copy out, hand it in, and wait confidently for that rave review and of why the an A grade from the dissertation bournemouth instructor. A better idea is to write a first draft. Note here that the adjective rough does not precede draft. Of Why The? Your draft should be complete and carefully done.

Once your smooth draft is done, put it aside for a few days so that you can gain perspective. Then reread it. You may be surprised at how many ways you find to improve what you have written when you look at it with fresh eyes. Research Thesis? The same is true for your third and subsequent drafts. 2. Get help. There are many people who can help you write a first-rate paper.

One person is your instructor. Essay Of Why? Discuss your topic and your ideas with your professor. He or she may be able to help you refine your topic, avoid pitfalls, identify resources, or plan the too much essay paper's organization. Submit drafts to your professor far enough ahead of the deadline to give the instructor time to suggest revisions. It may prove helpful also to ask a classmate, a family member, or someone else to essay of why the, read your paper. Most people are not good judges of their own writing. We tend to read what we meant to say, not what we actually wrote. A fresh reader will be able to point out technical errors and lapses in your argument and organization.

Writing centers are another source of help at many colleges and universities. You may have already paid for such assistance with your tuition dollars; you might as well use it. Style Considerations: It may take innate talent to become a great literary figure, but achieving a reasonably pleasing literary style is possible for everyone who exercises a little care. A few suggestions should help you write a paper that has literary, as well as intellectual, merit. 1. Essay On Should Age Be? Watch your sentence structure. Students and scholars too often seem to assume that long, complex sentences are symbolic of profundity. They are not; they are mostly just cumbersome. Of Why? Simple, subject-verb-object sentences are best. They are powerful. Still, if you do not vary them occasionally, numerous short sentences do not read well.

So, after several simple sentences, add a longer one. Ph D Papers? But do not go too far the other way. Consider Rourke's Rule of 2s: Sentences more than two lines long or with more than two commas are probably too long to of why the, be understood easily, especially if there have been two in research papers, a row. 2. Rely on active tense, action verbs. The? Avoid the passive tense (No: Politicians are disliked by many people. Yes: Many people dislike politicians.). Similarly, action verbs (made, jumped, went) are better than verbs of questions being (is, are, were). In general, active/action verbs generate more interest. 3. Use standard English. Colloquial English typically does not make a good impression unless you are writing fiction.

Obscenities and other forms of gutter English are almost never acceptable. 4. Avoid starting too many sentences with adverbial or adjectival clauses or phrases. These are the of why short phrases (such as In the morning, we went. ) that are often followed by masters thesis, a comma. Also shun beginning or ending sentences with words or phrases such as: however, though, for essay the example, for typical hamlet instance. 5. Watch your paragraph length. Paragraphs over one page in length are usually too long.

They may contain redundant statements or more than one major idea. Rework such paragraphs to delete unnecessary text or to separate ideas into additional paragraphs. At the other extreme, one-sentence paragraphs are not acceptable. Remember that each paragraph should have a topic sentence and essay several others that explain or develop that topic. 6. Rely on transitions between paragraphs. Conventions like On the other hand, Still, Also, Nevertheless, Thus, However, or As a result help the thesis reader get from of why one thought to another. Research Papers? They smooth the of why reading process.

7. Avoid clichés. They fought like cats and dogs over which policy to adopt. Ugh! 8. Get to the point. Do not beat around the bush; save a tree; avoid word pollution. Technical Matters: Your paper must be free of dissertation binding winton common writing mistakes. Cautions about essay, some of these are:

1. Avoid sentence fragments. Every sentence must have a subject and a verb. 2. Check your spelling. Ph D Research? Misspelled words make you appear uneducated, careless, or both. Keep in mind that misspelled words and essay of why the typographical errors cannot be distinguished from each other by essay the driving age be, a reader.

Both are unacceptable. Some professional proofreaders read a manuscript backwards to check for spelling. Try it. Essay The? Do not rely on just your own sense of essay on should the driving raised to 18 how words are spelled. Use a dictionary, a spell check program if you have a computer, and a second reader to essay of why the, proofread your drafts. Beware of spell checkers, though! Consider this sentence: Its necessary to get there attention or we may loose the typical essay questions hamlet vote.

These three mistakes (its for it's, there for their, and loose for lose) are common ones that would not be caught by the, most spell check programs. Thus it is crucial to have a human scan your words. 3. Make sure subjects and verbs agree. Subject-verb disagreement is most likely to occur when the two are separated in the sentences by several other words. 4. Be careful of verb tense. Many poor writers use only present tense. Use past tense, future, and other tenses as appropriate. Also be careful to keep verb tense consistent within paragraphs. 5. Make pronouns mean what they say. Misuse of research thesis pronouns is very common.

A pronoun refers to the last noun of the same person and gender. Of Why The? Consider the sentences, John F. Kennedy was shot by Lee Harvey Oswald, who was subsequently also shot and killed. Masters Research Thesis? Many Americans wept at essay of why the his death. What this means literally is that many Americans wept when they heard of casual work Oswald's death because his refers to the closest prior singular masculine noun (Oswald). Also, do not normally use pronouns more than twice in a row to refer to the same noun.

Use the noun or a variation thereof again for essay the clarity. While we are on the subject of pronouns, it is on should the driving age be to 18, seldom correct to of why the, use a gender-specific pronoun (he, she, him, her) to refer to an inanimate object. The United States, for example, is an ph d research it, not a she. 6. Essay Of Why? Do not split infinitives. Typical Essay Questions Hamlet? Except when absolutely necessary to avoid misinterpretation, to essay the, and the verb should not be separated by an adverb. 7. Avoid the use of contractions. Binding Winton? Words like can't, won't, or don't are too informal for a formal writing assignment. 8. Be careful of abbreviations. Do not start sentences with abbreviations or numbers (unless spelled out). For countries, avoid using the abbreviation as a noun (No: The U.S. Essay? did. ); but the abbreviation is acceptable as an ph d research adjective (Yes: Current U.S. foreign policy. Essay? ). Masters Research Thesis? The first time you name someone, give his or her full name and the title if appropriate.

Also do not use an acronym unless it is very common without first spelling out the full name, as in, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO). 9. Do not end sentences with prepositions. The? This rule is being relaxed, but repetitive use of prepositions at the end of binding bournemouth winton sentences is indicative of poor sentence structure. 10. Know when and how to use specific punctuation. Essay The? The various style manuals mentioned earlier elaborate on the proper usage of commas, colons, semicolons, parentheses, brackets, and the like. All good research papers rely on information compiled by ph d research, and analysis done by others. If you write a research paper without consulting other works, then you have written an essay, not a report. If you do rely in essay the, part on the work of other people and you do not cite them, you have failed in your responsibilities.

A research paper must cite the work of others. There are two reasons that citations are mandatory. The first is to allow the reader to explore the subject further by consulting the works that you have utilized. Too Much Happiness Essay? Without regular and complete citations, such further exploration by your reader is difficult or impossible. Second, intellectual honesty requires citations.

Failure to use them is plagiarism, which is essay of why, unacceptable in any form. Plagiarism is the theft of the thoughts, facts, or knowledge of others by not giving them proper credit. When to Cite: Follow these guidelines to protect yourself: 1. Anytime you quote or paraphrase the thoughts or work of others, cite the source. It is incorrect to believe that only research quotations require citations. You should also insert a note whenever you are relying on someone else's thoughts or research, even if you are only paraphrasing (putting it in your own words). 2. Simple, commonly known facts need not be footnoted. A rule of thumb is that if you did not know the information before you started the essay of why paper, then you should use a citation to show where you found the information. Also, even if you know something when you start, you should cite the source of any controversial fact (Ireland's St.

Brenden and the Vikings came to the New World before Columbus). 3. When in doubt, cite the source. Plagiarism is unethical. Instructors and other readers take it very seriously. Casual Work? Grades, reputations, and academic careers have been ruined by plagiarism. The? Err on the side of safety. One citation too many is far better than one citation too few. How to Cite: The use of a correct format for dissertation citations used in endnotes or footnotes and in the, a bibliography often seem a bit complex and cumbersome, but doing so has two good points. Those advantages are completeness and masters research consistency. Most styles fall into one of two categories, notation styles and reference-in-text styles.

Notation style involves the use of numbers to indicate each citation. The? Each number's corresponding note may be at the bottom of the essay on should age be page as a footnote or at the end of the paper as an endnote. In either case, you should provide comprehensive information on each source the first time it appears as a footnote or an endnote, with shortened versions appearing in later footnotes or endnotes. Essay The? At the end of the paper, a bibliography repeats the full documentation of these sources, listing them alphabetically by author. Bibliographies have their own formatting styles. A number of works demonstrate both citation and bibliography format styles, including A Manual for thesis Writers of Term Papers, Theses, and Dissertations (Turabian, 1980) and The Chicago Manual of Style (1993). A r eference-in-text style uses the author's name and the year of publication of the work, which are placed in essay the, parentheses and inserted at the appropriate place in the text.

A page number is also included for direct quotes and in casual work, some other cases. Then at the end of the paper or book there is a References or Works Cited section that contains the full documentation for all the essay of why the sources cited throughout the body of the work. Bournemouth? These sources are listed alphabetically by author. Reference-in-text styles are increasingly the norm in social science, and most are some variant of the style developed by of why, the American Psychological Association (APA). For details of how to use such styles, see the APA's Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (1983); Writer's Guide: Political Science (Biddle Holland, 1987); or use this book as an illustration. Whatever citation style you choose, use it correctly and be consistent. Your job is not quite finished. Happiness Essay? After writing the paper, you must prepare its physical presentation. Of Why The? Unless told otherwise, you should type your paper double-spaced, with one-inch margins on all four sides of each page. Your paper should feature a title page, the essay questions body of the paper, and then the bibliography, Works Cited, or References page(s).

If your instructor prefers some variation of the this model, that will usually be specified in advance. Research? Once again, it is essay, important to stress that a paper is a whole product. A paper that contains impeccable research, cogent analysis, and brilliant writing will still evoke a negative reaction from the reader if it is wrinkled, printed sloppily, or barely readable because the ink on the ribbon is exhausted. Some general guidelines include: 1. Printed material is preferable. Most instructors will not accept handwritten reports. Casual Work? Even if printing is not mandatory, a printed report has a more professional image than does a handwritten report. 2. Make sure the print is easily legible. When you type or print your report, make sure that the ribbon or ink cartridge is the, up to papers, par. 3. Do not play the margin, spacing, and font game.

Professors are not naive and of why the have read veritable mountains of papers. Having extra-wide margins; leaving extra spaces between paragraphs, headings, and excerpts; or using larger-size type or fonts to stretch a paper out (or doing the opposite to squeeze it in) are very obvious. Essay? You will not fool the instructor or anyone else. So, why bother? 4. Number your pages. It is not uncommon for students to turn in papers with the essay the pages out of order. Masters Research Thesis? Numbering the pages cuts down on this mistake. Also, unbound papers sometimes fall apart and must be reassembled. Essay? Numbered pages will facilitate this. 5. Securely fasten the paper together.

Paper clips are a bad idea. Typical Essay Hamlet? Staples or one of the various types of the binders sold by your bookstore are better. 6. Read your paper one last time. Even if the paper seems finished, you can still find mistakes that prior proofreading missed. A last-minute pen-and-ink (never pencil) correction that is inserted neatly is better than an error. 7. Go home and relax. Get a pizza, watch some television, catch a movie!

You deserve it after working hard and writing a great paper. Congratulations!

Need Help Writing an Essay? -
Essay Writing Service - Best American …

CASE STUDY: WILD HORSES Custom Essay. Each question should be answered in essay of why an essay format of dissertation winton, approximately 250-500 words. Ensure your paper answers the questions and uses concepts studied in the module and from the essay of why the reading. Support your answers with personal experiences, current events, and casual work references to the reading. Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.

An abstract is essay not required. If all you’ve ever done is casual work gather up horses, and all you have had to think about is only. what you’ve been told to do, well, that’s. a pretty simple decision-making process. Some people resist having to of why the, think more. Ron Hall, National Wild Horse.

and Burro Program. Wild horses have long been a symbol of the. independence of the American West, but today, the health of their population depends heavily. on government management. At their peak, in. the mid-1800s, an too much happiness essay estimated two million wild. horses roamed America’s rangeland. Populations.

decreased as development reduced habitat for. wild horses and of why native grazers such as bison, and. as horses and thesis burros were rounded up to make. room for livestock and farming operations. Essay Of Why The. By the. early 1900s, most wild horses had disappeared. from the Great Plains and papers those that remained.

were found primarily in the remote mountains, deserts, and badlands of the West. Essay The. By 1971, only about 9500 wild horses were thought to live. on public rangelands. Public concerns about abuse and wild horse. population declines swelled in the driving age be raised to 18 the 1950s and.

1960s. Subsequently, Congress enacted the Wild. Free-Roaming Horses and essay of why Burros Act of 1971. to protect wild horses and binding bournemouth burros from essay, abuse and. death and to manage them to achieve and maintain. a thriving natural ecological balance on the.

public lands. The 1971 act declared these wild. animals to be “living symbols of the historic and. pioneer spirit of the West; that they contribute to. the diversity of life forms within the Nation and. enrich the lives of the American people; and that. these horses and burros are fast disappearing. from the American scene.” Since the passage of. the act, wild horse and burro populations have. increased, but the way they are managed on. 290 Part Two PROGRAM MANAGEMENT.

public lands has been controversial and wild. horse advocates continue to bournemouth winton, voice concerns about. horses being slaughtered. The 1971 act authorized and directed the. Secretary of the Interior, on public lands managed. by the Bureau of of why the, Land Management (BLM), and the too much happiness Secretary of Agriculture, on public lands. managed by the Forest Service, “to protect and. manage wild free-roaming horses and of why burros.

as components of public lands.” The act also. directed the secretaries to manage them “to. achieve and maintain a thriving natural ecological. balance on the public lands.” In fiscal. year 2007, the program was funded at essay on should the driving age be, $36.4. million. Forty-four BLM field units manage approximately. 33,100 wild horses and burros on 199. herd management areas (HMA) covering over.

34 million acres in ten western states—Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, New. Mexico, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, and of why the Wyoming. BLM’s Nevada State Office manages about half. of the land and animals in the Wild Horse and. In the mid- to late 1970s, population counts. indicated that there was a large increase in thesis wild. horses and burros and that they were contributing.

to overgrazing of the rangeland. Congress. amended the 1971 act in 1978 to essay the, protect the. range from wild horse overpopulation. The Public. Rangelands Improvement Act of 1978 directed. the secretaries of the Interior and Agriculture. to determine appropriate management levels.

(AMLs), maintain a current inventory of wild. horses and burros, and determine whether and. where overpopulation exists. AML has been. defined as the “optimum number of wild horses. which results in a natural ecological balance. and avoids deterioration of the essay questions range.” The. aggregate AML for all herd management areas. is approximately 27,200.

Because wild horse. populations can double every four years and few. natural predators remain, managing wild horse and. burro populations at AML has become a primary. objective of the program. To reach and essay maintain. AML, BLM primarily conducts “gathers” to remove. excess animals from the range.

In 2001, BLM. began implementing its most recent management. strategy, to masters research, reach AML by increasing removals. Since then, about 10,600 animals have been. removed, on essay of why, average, per year. Maintaining current and accurate inventories.

of wild horses and burros is a key component of. on-the-range management. If the census numbers. are inaccurate, particularly if they underestimate. the actual population, BLM runs the risk that adequate.

forage or water may not be available for. the wild horses and essay hamlet burros or for essay the, livestock and. wildlife in the area. 1. Casual Work. On-the-Range Management. On-the-range management of wild horses and burros.

includes management activities such as range condition. monitoring, population counts, and rangeland. improvements. As of February 2008, the estimated-onthe- range population was 33,105. Animals are periodically removed from herd. management areas to reach a level that is sustainable. with other uses of the essay range.

BLM typically uses. helicopters to herd animals into temporary corrals. In. 2007, BLM removed 7,728 animals from the range. 2. Short-term Holding. Once animals are removed from the range, they enter.

short-term holding facilities where they receive veterinary. care prior to being adopted, sold, or sent to long-term. holding facilities. As of June 2008, the age be raised number of essay the, animals. in short-term holding was 7987. Animals that are removed from the range and cannot be. adopted or sold are placed in long-term holding facilities.

to live out the rest of the driving raised to 18, their lives. Most of the facilities are. located on Midwest grasslands in Kansas and Oklahoma. As of June 2008, the of why number of horses in too much happiness essay long-term. holding was 22,101. Chapter 6 DECISION MAKING 291. After being removed from the range, excess. animals are managed in short-term holding facilities, where they are either prepared for adoption.

or sale, or in long-term holding facilities, where. they will live out the of why the remainder of their lives. (See. Figure on previous page.) The preferred outcome. for healthy animals removed from the range is. that they be adopted through BLM’s Wild Horse. and Burro Program. On average, about 6300.

wild horses and burros have been adopted annually. since 2001. Under the act, as amended, BLM is required to masters, ensure that adopters can provide. humane treatment and essay care. Casual Work. When adoption. demand is not sufficient to absorb all the. animals removed, the act directs BLM to either. destroy the remaining healthy animals in the most. humane and cost-efficient manner possible or,

under certain circumstances, sell them “without. limitation.” BLM has not destroyed any animals. since January 1982. To manage for the growing. number of unadoptable animals, BLM began. opening long-term holding facilities. Unlike the. rangelands of the West where the animals normally. live, the essay of why the long-term holding facilities use.

Midwest grasslands that generally provide the. animals with abundant forage and too much decreased. stress. This allows most of the animals to of why, live far. longer than they would in the wild. BLM pays. the private contractors that operate the long-term. holding facilities a fee per horse per casual work, day.

The. sales directive, which was enacted on December. 8, 2004, directs BLM to sell excess wild horses. and burros without limitation if the animal is more. than 10 years of of why the, age or has been offered unsuccessfully. for adoption at least three times. Toward Long-Term Sustainability.

The number of wild horses and binding burros removed. from the essay of why range is far greater than the number. adopted or sold, which has resulted in a. significant increase in the number of animals. in short- and long-term holding and commensurate. increases in spending for their care. Since 2001, over 74,000 animals have. been removed from the range, while only. about 46,400 have been adopted or sold.

Thirty-six percent fewer wild horses and burros. were adopted in 2007 compared with. average adoption rates in the1990s. BLM. officials attribute the steady adoption decline. in recent years to the decreasing demand for. horses in happiness general and increasing hay and fuel. costs associated with their care. As of essay of why, June. 2008, BLM was holding 30,088 animals. in short- and long-term holding facilities, far.

more than in 2001 when it held 9807. From. 2001 through June 2008, the average cost. per animal increased from $3.00 per day to. $5.08 per day. Casual Work. Spending on long-term holding. has increased from about $668,000 in. 2000 to essay the, more than $9.1 million in 2007. Ph D Papers. In.

addition, with the long-term holding facilities. at full capacity more wild horses are spending. a longer time in the more expensive short-term. The long-term sustainabillty of the, BLM’s Wild. Horse and Burro Program depends on the resolution. of two significant challenges: • If not controlled, off-the-range holding costs.

will continue to overwhelm the program. In. 2008, BLM anticipates that holding costs. will account for about 74 percent of the program’s. direct costs. As holding costs continue. to increase, less funding is available for bournemouth, onthe- range management, which could result in. sharp increases in the animal population in.

the wild. To deal with its long-term holding. problem, BLM has primarily sought increased. funding to open additional holding facilities. However, funding is not likely to increase in. the future, and essay the limited funding is forcing BLM. to make the difficult choice among managing. the animals on masters thesis, the range to essay the, prevent overpopulation,

destroying excess unadoptable. animals, or selling them without limitation. • BLM’s options are limited for dealing with. unadoptable animals. Ph D Research. The Wild Free-Roaming. Horses and Burros Act, as amended, requires. that excess animals, for which the essay of why the adoption. demand is not sufficient to absorb all the ph d research animals. removed from the range, be destroyed. in the most humane and essay the cost-efficient manner. possible or, under certain circumstances, be.

sold without limitation. Never less, BLM has. still chosen not to destroy or sell excess animals. without limitation because of casual work, concerns about. public and congressional reaction to the largescale. slaughter of thousands of healthy horses. 292 Part Two PROGRAM MANAGEMENT. However, by not destroying or selling them without. limitation, BLM is not in the compliance with the. requirements of the act.

The Horse Lobby View. Defenders of ph d papers, wild mustangs have long portrayed. them as the essay victims of ranchers, who prefer cattle. on the range, and middlemen, who want to. make profit by selling them for horsemeat. Many. of these defenders claim that horses have a right. to be there.

The more extreme groups say, “Let. nature take its course. Just leave the horses alone. and let them populate naturally.” For groups formed to protect the typical essay hamlet horses, the specter of euthanasia as a solution remains. anathema. “It’s not acceptable to the American. public,” said Virginia Parant, a lawyer who is the. director of the American Wild Horse Preservation. Campaign. “The mustang,” she says, “is part of.

the American myth. People want to know that. they can come to the American West and know. that they can see herds of wild horses running. It’s part of the imagery.” She laughs at the idea of. attributing range destruction to horses when cattle. greatly outnumber them. Further, Jay F. Kirkpatrick, a scientist who is the director of the Science. and Conservation Center in Billings, Montana, contends that BLM has not given sufficient weight.

to birth control options which could make “serious. inroads” on the horse populations. The Ecological View. Increasingly, environmentalists and scientists. have come to see mustangs not as victims but.

as thousand-pound aliens because they are not. native to the region like bison but rather descendents. of horses brought to North America by the. Spanish. Over time, stray domestic horses belonging. to settlers and Native Americans bred with.

the Spanish mustangs. With hooves and teeth. evolved for essay of why, a different kind of environment, wild. horses are especially destructive to the habitats. of endangered desert turtles and desert birds.

in the south and typical essay questions hamlet big horn sheep in the north. They damage the of why the waterholes. They damage. the grasses, the shrubs, and the bushes, causing. negative consequences for all the other plants and. animals that live there. The attitudes of environmentalists toward the. horses have changed so much that some are willing. to say what was heresy a few years ago: that euthanasia is acceptable if the alternatives.

are boarding the too much mustangs for life at taxpayers’ expense or leaving them to overpopulate, damage. the range and die of hunger or thirst. As one. wild horse specialist tells Paula Morin: If the wild horse groups can’t or won’t take. them, then I think the proper answer is to. implement the law. Personally, I think sale. authority would be a good alternative to. humane destruction because it would allow.

us to sell the horses as a last resort. Yes, it. would allow those people who buy them. to do whatever they want with them, but. at least something purposeful happens with. the animal. I don’t think anybody enjoys. the thought of wild horses being euthanized,

but it’s a fact of life. Essay Of Why. Hundreds of. thousands of domestic horses are put down. every year for one reason or another, and. so are dogs and casual work cats. Yes, people love. horses, and wild horses are special.

But. they are an of why the animal that must be managed, and if we don’t manage them they have. Another sensitive issue besides euthanasia. concerns selling wild horses for casual work, meat, despite the. fact that about 90,000 domestic horses are sold. for meat each year. “It is difficult to of why the, understand,”

Ted Williams writes in Audubon Magazine, why Americans believe that starvation is. more humane than culling. In Australia, where there are thought to be as many. as 265,000 feral horses and 5 million. feral burros, the government shoots. them. There, shooting is considered more.

humane than capture and removal because. the animals are not subject to the. stresses of the round up, yarding, and. long-distance transportation. Moreover, most other nations don’t share our taboo. against eating horsemeat. Casual Work. It’s considered. a delicacy in Europe, and in Australia the.

commercial slaughter of feral horses, burros, and other livestock is a $100 million. a year industry. Chapter 6 DECISION MAKING 293. Could birth control provide an alternative?

Herd sizes double every four years, and the BLM. is working with a contraceptive that is largely. effective for of why, two years in mares. Alan Shepard, who helps run the contraceptive program, says. that it showed promise but had limitations. “The. ultimate thing is you can’t catch them all.” Australia. also is working on chemical contraception, but.

an effective agent, practical for field application, may be decades away. How about the too much happiness horse lobby’s charge that. cows do more damage than wild horses? Environmentalists. concede that cows do more damage. because there are lots more of essay of why the, them, but cattle. provide food and livelihoods. When it comes to. habitat destruction, what horses lack in numbers. they make up for in efficiency.

When the grass. between the happiness shrubs is gone, a cow is out of luck, but a horse or burro will stomp the plant to death. to get that one last blade underneath it. When.

cows run out of forage, cowboys move them or. take them home, but horses and burros are out. there all year. Essay Of Why. Unfenced, they can go anywhere. This means that if horses are left unchecked, they. would be the last to survive in the ecosystem, simply because they’re more efficient about how. much they can eat. But if you let these herds populate.

“naturally,” eventually they would overstock. the range and denude it completely —that means. it would never grow back. In the final analysis, a growing number of. environmentalists think the horse lobby does not. appreciate the ph d importance of maintaining the.

whole ecology and essay does the horses a disservice. when it sets them apart. 1. Masters Research Thesis. Which decision-making techniques and concepts. described in this chapter are most appropriate. to the BLM’s situation? Show how you. would apply them. 2. What suggestions would you make to help the. Bureau improve its handling of the wild horse. 3. How would you model this problem? U.S.

Government Accountability Office, Bureau of. Land Management: Effective Long-Term Options. Needed to Manage Unadoptable Wild Horses, GAO-09-77 (October 2008), 1–10; Deanne. Stillman, Mustang: The Saga of the Wild Horse. in the American West (Boston: Mariner Books, 2009); Jim Robbins, “As Wild Horses Multiply,

a Voice for Contraception,” The New York Times. (April 21, 2005/2009); Felicity Barringer, “Mustangs. Stir a Debate on of why, Thinning the Herd,” The. New York Times (July 20, 2008); Paula Morin, Honest Horses: Wild Horses in the Great Basin. (Reno: University of too much, Nevada Press, 2006); Ted. Williams, “Horse Sense,” Audubon Magazine. Place an order of a custom essay for this assignment with us now. Essay Of Why. You are guaranteed; a custom premium paper being delivered within its deadline, personalized customer support and communication with your writer through out the order preparation period. Unlike most other websites we deliver what we promise;

Our Support Staff are online 24/7 Our Writers are available 24/7 Most Urgent order is delivered with 6 Hrs 100% Original Assignment Plagiarism report can be sent to casual work, you upon essay, request. GET 15 % DISCOUNT TODAY use the discount code PAPER15 at thesis, the order form. Outline - $5 Revisions - $20 Title Page - $5 Bibliography - $12 E-mail Delivery- $9 Formatting - $11 Plagiarism Report - $15 Save $77. 100% Original. Essays are written from the, scratch. Guaranteed deadline delivery.

24/7, Customer Support guaranteed. Ph D Research. Direct communication with your writer. Competitive Prices without compromising Quality Your Privacy is our priority Have your money-back (guaranteed) Free revisions upon essay of why, request Free Extras upon request + 10 Years experience in research academic writing. Disclaimer: The services we offer are for assistance purposes only! These custom papers are intended to be used for of why the, research or study purposes only and typical should be used with proper reference.