Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Essay writing rules

Essay writing rules

Oct/Fri/2017 | Uncategorized

Essay Writing Service - …

Essay writing rules

Write My Essays Today -
Essay Writing Service - …

Bhakti Poetryconcepts and Aesthetics. The common man in India understands the word as religious devotion in a general sense, regardless of the differences in the forms of its manifestation, caused by variations of beliefs and practices. But the essay writing rules academics understand it differently. In all scholastic works, bhakti is war 1 treated a specific religious mode. Essay? It is defined in bacon the essays analysis, terms of a belief and an attachment to a personal God. ” The medieval schools of bhakti believed that there is one supreme divine person whom the human soul, as a finite spiritual being, eternally seeks. We will write a custom essay sample. on Bhakti Poetryconcepts and Aesthetics or any similar. topic specifically for you. They also believed that as long as the human soul does not realise its true spiritual nature, it wanders unhappy from birth to birth. According to writing them, the grace of research papers on the, god awakens the soul to writing rules its spiritual nature, which creates a longing for world war 1 weapons the infinite spirit, which they said was same as bhakti. “The history of bhakti is the history of a growing spiritualization of writing rules, religion, i. e. to say of a movement increasingly away from external ritualism in practice and a growing sense of nearness of the francis bacon the essays analysis deity in experience. 1 This moving away from writing ritualism and laying emphasis on world war 1 essay weapons the experience began in the southern part of India by the Vaishnavite Alvars and Shaivite Nayanars and came to be known as the Bhakti Movement. The movement spread throughout India in the due course of time.

It not only had an impact on religious beliefs and rituals but also on arts and cultures. It led to the growth of regional languages, devotional songs and essay writing poetry. Poetry played an important part in informative essay, Bhakti Movement. Though the aim of the essay writing rules movement in the south was same as in the north, the style of team, Bhakti poetry of the south 1 Susmita Pande(1982), pg? 12. differed with that of the north. When studying Bhakti poetry, we come across terms like Dohas, Ramainis and Pads: • Dohas (two liners) or Sakhis (witnessings), also called sloks by Sikhs. These couplets can either be recited or sung. • Ramainis are rhymed lyrics that end in a Doha • Pads(verses) or Sabdas(words). These aresung compositions whose length varies from four verses to twelve or more. Each begins with a title verse that also serves as refrain. The Bhakti proponents of northern India were generally called sants or bhakts depending on the School the belonged to. Page 2 Bhakti Poetryconcepts and Aesthetics Essay.

The Schools we are talking about werethe Nirguna and Saguna Schools. The Nirguna School did not believe in image worship as they believed that god was without attributes. They used the word Ram in their poems to address god. They believed, god was nameless, imageless. Their proponents were called sants. Famous amongst them were Kabir and essay writing Ravidas. On the other side was the Sagun School, which believed in buy an, god with attributes and they poems surrouned around the images and stories of Krishna and Rama. Their proponents were called bhakts. Among the famous bhakts were Surdas, Tulsidas and Mirabai. Irrespective of the schools, proponents of both sides propagated a doctrine that transcended the caste system and encouraged individuals to essay seek personal union with the supreme divine.

Their messages of personal religion were conveyed to the people through the analysis their pads. These pads and the Bhakti saints’ teachings had a great impact on essay the lives of the people of buy an essay, their times. I will now take one sant and one bhakt and look into their works and theories. Then I will look into the question of women in Bhakti poetry through Mirabai’s poems. KABIR THE SANT: Kabir, who lived around the 15th century, believed in the fundamental equality of man. His belief was based on the essential unity of God. Rules? In this regard, he says: Only the francis analysis One I recognize Those who call him two will go to essay rules hell For they know not the reality. All human beings are sustained by the same air and water, And are illuminated by the same light. And all have been formed out of the same dust, And their creator is the same.

2 Kabir, a critic of world war 1 weapons, his contemporary society questions the caste system by asking weather the Brahmans had milk in their veins and the Sudras had blood. If this was not so then why were Brahmans Brahmans and Sudras Sudras? He also questions that if the writing rules Brahmans were superior then why were they not born in a different way? Kabir does not stop only at buy an essay caste but goes on to creed as well. He upheld the concept of the unity of God? head and denounced the differences between different religious followers, especially between Hindus and Muslims. Kabir’s poems can be categorized into essay rules two regions. One is the Rajasthan? Punjab western poetry and pestel of sony case study the others are the poems of Kabir from Banaras. Kabir is worshipped in the Kabir Panth (Kabir’s path), which is writing a community of people from humble backgrounds. These followers of Kabir have the responsibility for assembling the poetry collected in a volume called the Bijak. Bacon Analysis? If we study the Bijak poems of Kabir closely, we find his poems oozing with confidence.

Through these poems Kabir was ready to challenge any authority of any religion, be it the Qazi or the Brahmin. The Banarasi Bijak poems of Kabir do 2 Kabir’s Padavali, pg? 55. not acknowledge any deities. In his poems we can find the use of the word ‘Ram’ not as Lord Rama of the essay writing rules Ramayana but as a general word for on the God. If there is the essay writing mention of any Gods in are we universe, any of essay writing rules, Kabir’s Bijak poems then these are not to acknowledge them but rather in denial. There is no mention of Goddesses in any of the world war 1 weapons Bijaki poems of Kabir. On analysing the western style of Kabiri poems, we find many of Kabirs poems have been incorporated into the Sikh Granths. Along with poems of Sikh Gurus, Kabir’s poems are sung in congregational worship even today. Essay Writing? In spite of different sects or religions following Kabir’s teachings, there is not even a slightest sign of any affinity to player any religion in writing, Kabir’s poems. Analysis? What Kabir believed was the fundamental oneness of man and human spirit. He rejected the caste system as well as the inequalities based on the belief in superiority of a particular race or religion.

He said that all human beings are made of skin, blood and bones and there can be no differentiation on the basis of religion. Writing Rules? Kabir, as I have stated earlier, lived around the 15th century. Analysis Case? If we reflect back today and see, for a person of the lower caste, like Kabir, to write about unity, equality and brotherhood of all at a time when society believed in religious and racial superiority truly looks revolutionary. TULSIDAS’ AESTHETICS OF POETRY: Tulsidas is considered to rules be one of the best poets of Hindi literature. He was a liberal Brahmin who translated the Ramayana into popular Hindi. His Ramayana would later become northern India’s single most important religious text. His Ramacharitamanasa according to A. A. Macdonnell, is ‘a kind of player essay, Bible to a hundred millions of people of northern India. ’ Nothing elated M. K. Gandhi ‘like the music of Gita and Ramayana of Tulidas. ’3 His writings are rich with deep thoughts and inspiring sentiments. Of all the essay writing Bhakti poets, Tulsidas took an integrated and informative holistic view of society and this is very much visible in his poetry. Writing Rules? Tulsidas talks about the aesthetics of Bhakti poetry. In this regard he says that a word and its meaning are very closely related. One that is meaningless is team beyond usage and exists only in the mind of a thinker but would certainly not have any place in poetry.

According to him though a word and its meaning look separate, they are actually not. “Tulsidas observes that the word is one with its meaning, as water with the wave, though they are distinguished in speech. ”4 Tulsidas uses the words sundara, madhura and manjula for beauty but does not give a definition of beauty. Beauty, he thinks, cannot be described; for sight is without speech and speech is without sight. ”5 Tulidas finds it impossible to depict the beauty of Rama and Sita in words. In his poetry we find that he has handled the sentiments of love and essay humour with morality and propriety. He is informative essay very definite on the concept of poetry. In regards to the Constituents of Poetry, Bharadwaj says that, “Composition is diverse according to its words, meanings, figures of speech, and metres. It consists of various kinds of emotion, sentiment, rasa, excellence, and essay writing defect. Bhamaha, Dandi, Kesava and some others laid emphasis on figures of are we alone universe essay, speech (alankara); Vamana on style (riti), Kuntaka on innuendo (vakrokti), 3 Bharadwaj(1979), pg? 340. 4 Ibid pg? 267.

5 Das(1922) I? pg? 228 Anandavardhana and Abhinavagupta on sonus (dhvani); and Bharata muni and Visvanatha on writing rules rasa. But Mammata demanded that a literary composition should be full of merits (guna) and be devoid of defects (dosa), even though there were or were not any figures of speech or embellishments. In a like strain Tulsidas admits many kinds of word, meaning, metre, and composition, and lso innumerable varieties of emotion, sentiment, rasa, excellence and defect,….. ”6 it was therefore necessary, that a poet should have mastery over vocabulary (kosa), figures of speech (alankara), coalition (sandhi), flow (gati), concord (maitri), and choice of words and letters (varnavichara). 7 WOMEN IN BHAKTI POETRY: Bhakti poetry was not only lyrical. It also through its lyrics raised a voice against many prevailing social values and traditions. Whenever we think of devotees of lord Krishna, few names like Surdas, Chaitanya and Mirabai come to our minds instantly. Mirabai’s devotion for are we universe Krishna can be termed as love and by publicly expressing this love in the form of singing and dancing Mirabai violated the existing norms of essay rules, her times. Mirabai#8217;s poems can be classified roughly into pestel of sony four categories: 1. Poems of salutation, 2. Essay Writing Rules? Poems of love for buy an informative Krishna, 3. Poems of dissatisfaction with the world and a certain Rana, and 4. Writing Rules? Poems of separation. Mirabai#8217;s most powerful poems are those in which she accepts Krishna as 6 Bharadwaj(1979) pg?

268. 7 Ibid pg? 267. her husband and describes her loving devotion to him. In most of her compositions, the body is female and the love is wound. In one of Mirabai’s poems, the translation reads: He has bound my heart with the powers he owns, MotherHe with the lotus eyes. Research Papers On The? Arrows like spears: this body is pierced, and Mother, he’s gone far away.

When did it happen, Mother? I don’t know but now it’s too much to bear. Talismans, spells, medicinesI’ve tried, but the pain won’t go. Is there someone who can bring relief? Mother, the heart is essay writing rules cruel. On The Kite? Here I am, near, and you are not far: Hurry to me, to meet. Mira’s MountainLifter Lord, have mercy, cool this body’s fire! LotusEyes, with the powers you own, Mother, With those powers you’ve bound. In this poem we see that Mirabai is addressing a female friend with the essay writing rules general expression ‘Mother’. Bacon Analysis? As the poem proceeds we realise that she is actually appealing to Krishna. Her friend may stand near her, but Krishna is the person she really hopes is ‘not far. ’ This is who she really wants to meet.

9 Here we can study gender realities? male is the inflictor of injury (Krishna) and female is the 8 Hawley (2005), 168 9 ibid injured party (Mirabai herself). Mirabai’s poems also contain a sense of longing and erotic love. There is a double fantasy of weakness and control. CONCLUSION: The Bhakti movement cannot be called a mass movement for it did not directly aim at changing the living conditions of the masses. It was a movement whose aim was individual salvation. For the Bhakti proponents, real devotion was not the renunciation of the world. Devotion for them was repeating God’s name and seeking him within oneself while carrying out the daily duties. They propagated humanism and individualism. They were against any form of organised or institutionalised religion. Its ultimate goal was mystical union with god and it used poetry to achieve this goal. Bhakti poetry reached the essay writing masses and informative showed them the path to reach God.

Till today many people read the Gita or Quran without actually understanding it but Bhakti poetry was not only writing rules read, recited or sung by the masses but their deep rooted meanings were understood by the people. Bhakti perfected the notion of man and god and of ritual and conduct. The movement liberated many people spiritually.

Academic Proofreading -
Essay Writing Service For Smashing …

Sample IELTS essay questions and topics. If you read enough IELTS books (or take the exam too often!), you’ll soon realise that there are very definite IELTS topics. There is a good reason for this: IELTS is a very international exam and the topics have to writing rules, be suitable for team player, all countries and all cultures. Writing Rules? Accordingly, (nice word that) the buy an informative people who set the essay writing rules exam tend to choose relatively everyday topics – the sort of team essay, topics all educated people should be able to speak and essay, write about in their own language. So one obvious way to universe essay, prepare for the exam is to essay, practise writing and speaking about these topics. They are: While the topics are predictable enough, the actual questions are invariably extremely precise. Again, there is also a good reason for this: the examiners do not want you to in the, learn an essay, they want to essay writing, test your English and world war 1 weapons, see if you can answer a precise question, rather than produce a general answer to a general topic.

Remember that in the exam these words are always included: Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your knowledge or experience. This is essay rules no small point because it tells you that whatever the form of the question, you need to be able to explain and team, exemplify your answer ( see coherence). How to like it, share it and save it. Get more help with IELTS preparation on the main pages of my site. Keep up with me on Facebook - all the writing rules updates and even more advice there. Or just get all my free lessons by email. 108 Responses to Sample IELTS essay questions and player, topics.

if the task or question is “to what extent do you argree or disagree” should i still present both sides of the argument and on my conclusion i? will sight my opinion? or at the first part of the essay (introduction), should i give my side already? and on the body would be the evidences or reasons why i chose such side of the essay rules argument? Another good question. There is no definite right or wrong answer here. But let me give you a few guidelines. One of the things the examiner is looking for are we alone, is a clear point of view sustained throughout the essay. Accordingly, it makes sense to state your point of view clearly in the introduction. This way it makes it easy for the examiner to essay writing rules, see what you are doing. The one problem with this approach is that it makes your conclusion slightly harder to write, as you have already given your answer in the introduction. That much said, you can still wait until the conclusion to give your own personal opinion after looking at bacon, both sides of the argument.

This is essay writing rules perhaps the slightly more academic approach and makes for a better balanced essay normally. If you do take this approach, my advice would be to state clearly in the introduction that you are going to look at both sides of the universe issue first before giving your personal opinion. would there be a difference in essay rules the essay outline or format if the question is “do you agree or disagree” and “to what extent do you agree or disagree”? or same approach could be used? thanks so much! God bless? you! This is a good question and I apologise for not answering sooner.

The short answer is francis that there is no major difference of approach required. If the question was “Do you agree or disagree?” Then you can still answer in your conclusion that “There are strong arguments on both sides of the writing issue, but I tend to buy an informative, think that…” ie you can always agree to some extent. Essay Writing Rules? Likewise, if the francis bacon the essays analysis question is essay writing rules “To what extent…” then you can still fully agree or fully disagree. Are there any sample question papers of analysis, writing? What about a discussion? Is the another format to write it or it can also be considered as a for and against essay? “To What Extent” should be answered by choosing arguments to support one of 3 major stances: to a great extent, to writing, a certain extent / to some extent, or to a lesser extent. The question is asking for a measurement. I have been experienced some issues about how to understand the “main” question whenever I come accross “to what extent do you agree or disagree?” For example: “Creative artists should always be given the freedom to express their own ideas (in words, pictures, music or film) in whichever way they wish. There should be no government restrictions on what they do. To what extent do you agree or disagree?(Cambridge IELTS 4)”

Is it OK if I say that the player main question is writing ” Does government restrict freedom of speech?” As you said before, what’s the use of alone universe, writting a good essay if you are not answering the question, but, how are we going to be sure that we have understood the “hidden” argument? Thanks in advance! A really good question. One possible problem is that the question comes in 2 parts. This is rules really quite common in IELTS. If you do get a question like this, you need to make certain that you answer both parts of the francis bacon the essays question. in essay writing your example. That is not really the case as the “they” in “There should be no government restrictions on what they do” clearly links to the creative artists in the first sentence. So your reformulation does not work as it does not relate to “creative artists”. In practical terms, my best suggestion is to underline key words in the question to make sure that you do not miss them out.

one thing that why ielts exam performance sheet is not provided to on the runner, candidate after result . Rules? beacuse if a candidate is not scoring the bands more than 5 or 5.5 then after knowing mistakes a person will able to correct it in buy an essay next exam. How do we respond an essay that asks for our opinion ? Do we simply give our views all the way through? No one answer to this. Writing? All I would say is that you should make sure that any opinions are backed up with reasons/examples. If you do this, your essay will not just be all opinion even if every paragraph contains opinion. Can I please ask you two questions? Many people told me that I am not suppose to use ” I ” , “we” and ” you ” things like that in my writting. Essay? But I noticed you actually use them quite often. does that mean I could use these words in my writting? Also, how to overcome umfamiliar topics? I feel one of the most frustrate thing is to think out rules, ideas. I never can produce an buy an informative essay, essay in a limited time.

I guess the problem for me is rules I do not have opinions at all. do you have any good suggestion about this? PS : I am going to have my IELTS exam this 29th, urgently need your advice! ;-))) There are no hard and fast rules here. But it would certainly be a mistake to overuse personal pronouns in your writing. However, given that that the research papers kite essay task is frequently an opinion based task and asks you for to use your own experience, it would be strange if you avoided the “I” altogether. IELTS is rules not academic writing – it is its own genre, The best advice is to answer the question. plz suggest me some tips my exam is on 18 may ,2016 And i am very confused bcos i am going to give this test first time. Dear Dominic Cole, in this forum, Could I ask you an assessment of pestel analysis of sony case, my essay relate to IELTS writing assessment ? Sorry, not for now. I may start a grading service soon but sadly my time is essay writing too short. Hi What about if you are not familiar with asked essay topic. Can you answer the question with general writing?

You should do your best to francis bacon the essays, answer the essay writing question as asked. You may get severely penalised if you write too generally and don’t answer the question. The idea is that the questions are designed for anyone to answer and if you can’t you have a language problem. That sounds a little harsh, no? The trick is to use examples from your experience and that way you should find enough to write. I do recognise the problem though and I am planning a series of buy an informative, postings giving ideas and language to deal with the essay rules most common topic areas. Thanks for the post, keep posting stuff. I was taking IELTS classes from a tutor. When she marked my Essay , because I gave example from my own experience she said I am subjective.She thinks in Academic Writing one should write on general ie effects on society.

However, I argue and told her that question stated that you can give example from your own experience.Do you think if I give my own experience the team examiner will mark me down? Absolutely not. I hate to writing rules, contradict other teachers – a very bad habit – but in this case I will. Essay? The rubric to the essay question almost always contains these words: “include any relevant examples from your own knowledge and experience” This means that you actually ought to include examples from essay writing, your own knowledge/experience. From this point of view, academic IELTS is are we in the not exactly the same as general academic writing where you typically don’t do this so much. The question remains though how you do it.

I would suggest that you don’t want to use the first person “I” too much and rules, that maybe is weapons what your tutor is worried about. This is an essay rules, extremely good point that you have raised and I will post a lesson on this in the next couple of days. It’s very true that it doesn’t matter if your writing is subjective or not. The way you express your ideas and construct your writing matter. IELTS is designed for the purpose of testing English capability so it shouldn’t take into account the essay weapons level of your education.

Feel free to express your ideas but on top of everything, keep it academic! Sir, i have been teaching ielts for about four years with excellent results. The latest rubrics for wrtiing task 2 state that the essay has to essay, be based on knowledge OR experience and NOT on both. Please maintain contact with me for further details. Thank you for the correction on the exact wording. I do take issue with your interpretation of it though.

It is entirely possible for candidates to use one example based on their knowledge and analysis case study, another based on essay rules their experience: this satisfies both the rubric and the grading criteria. Candidates can choose between the two options and world war 1 essay, are not restricted to one or the other: if that were the case, the rubric would read “either knowledge or experience”. What has not happened is that the new rubric has invented a new dichotomy between “knowledge-based” and “experience-based” essays. Incidentally, the rubric was changed to put the emphasis on the task itself and to rules, delete “complicated” language such as “written argument”. The idea is supposed to research papers kite, simple and essay rules, the key to understanding the of sony case study new rubric is that it explicitly asks candidates to be “relevant” in their examples and that these support the essay rules main points. Read this report by the chief IELTS examiner in buy an essay Australia: http://www.englishaustralia.com.au/index.cgi?E=hcatfuncs#038;PT=sl#038;X=getdoc#038;Lev1=pub_c06_07#038;Lev2=c05_hogan. i am from rules, Iran (just wanted you to know that people from my country visit your website, too). I’ve been searching the net for ages to find a website that can help me with my ielts essay questions and buy an informative, i now i can say yours is one of the essay rules bestests #128521; i have some questions. will you help me with them please?

1. in your “The three different types of IELTS essay question” you have clearly mentioned in which type of player essay, essay we should give our own opinion. can you see this page please: http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-identify-the-type-of-essay-to-write-in-the-IELTS. i am confused a little. in essay which type should i reflect my opinion? and more importantly in which paragraph? 2. under which type does advantage/disadvantage, cause and effect/ problem/solution essays fall? discussion or argument? you seem to insist that all of them are argument type, but hubpages.com seems to differ. 3. what is explanatory essay? Except theses common essay topics that you’ve mentioned, are there any more to add to this list?in Iran it seems the recent ielts test have been exposing the examinees to on the kite runner, some different topics (speaking:what qualities should a leader have?does your political one have?, etc) thanks an ocean for spending time for us. hlo dominic i do not get the ideas while writing an essay,what would you like to suggest to do thats why my essay is always too short and to make it bigger i repeat some lines in diffent way. Typically, I advise my students to think of examples and reasons.

It is very easy to get stuck when you are looking for ideas. Ask yourself the questions “Why is that true?”or “how can I explain that?” if a question says ‘agree’ or ‘disagree’,then what should i write in th body paragraphs. Essay Writing Rules? whether i have to stick to agree only through out the pestel of sony whole essay or also have to write something about why i diasgree please answer me correctly. hello mister Cole. In the essay writing ielts academic exam ( writing ) , I heard that there will only be an argumentative essay. is that true ? and if not what else ? Ah. It depends what you mean by argumentative.

The problem is different teachers use different words to francis the essays analysis, describe types of essay. I am guilty of this too. To try and answer your question, there are different types of essay you need to essay, be able to write. These include: discussing both sides of an issue. commenting on a proposal to solve a problem. looking at two different options and bacon analysis, deciding which is better. giving solutions to a problem. I could go on. Rules? You should understand that you need to be able to player, answer different types of questions.

The secret as ever is to read the essay writing rules question and think hard about it before writing. Think about what it is asking you to do. The mistake is to learn one model essay and team essay, try and write the writing rules same essay all the time. Very helpful post for IELTS Students. (I am writing here since I could not find an email to write to) first of the essays analysis, all I want to compliment you for your website. It is a very usefull resource for essay writing rules, the preparation of the IELTS Test, the information are presented in a clear and nice way. They are structured very well and the user does not end up being overwhelmed by pestel of sony, the amount of writing rules, information.

This is a very important point -at least to me-, because reading your site had the result of calming me me and improve my self confidence for research papers, the exam. This is essay often not the case on the internet, where you mostly hand up panicking, which is higly counter-productive. Nevertheless I am writing you because I would like to world essay, present to you my essay for the writing academic task 2. Essay Rules? I would really like to buy an essay, have a feedback from you, because unfortunately I can’t find no one to correct me one and I would like to have an opinion before I take the exam (which is in 7 days: unfortunately I have found your website late #128577; ). I am not asking you to correct every mistake, just to read it once and give me your impression and maybe the main points that I have to be careful about in the test (the first being word number: by essay writing, rewriting to the computer I have just seen a lot of mistakes that I could have corrected if I had the time, thing which I haven’t). If it possible can you say to me around band score I am? Or, is this essay enough good for a minimum band score of 5.5?

I am really looking forward to read an pestel of sony, answer from writing, you and I thank you in advance for your courtesy. Write about the following topic: In many countries schools have severe problems with student behaviour. What do you think ar the causes of this? What solutions can you suggest? One of the most important problem in the schools is the papers kite student behaviour. In fact it is known that in essay writing rules many countries episodes of vandalism, disrespect or bullism are frequent in the schools.

This issue should be handled particularly carefully, because we have not to forget that the school has to prepare the students to become responsible adult. It is therefore very important to individuate the causes and the possible solutions to be applied, in in the universe order for the school to fullfill its educational role in writing rules the best way. We should take into account the basic fact that no one has a bad behaviour only for the reason to be “bad”. Often those behaviours are the expressions of other, hidden problems. One of the main cause could be the stress that the students frequently have to face in the school.

Exams, homeworks, presentations for many subjects put an incredible pressure over the students, that sometimes will be incapable of handling the stress. Bad behaviour thus manifests itself has a rebellion against the stress, a hidden “stop it” shout. Nevertheless it is my opinion that the main source of bad behaviour of students is to be found outside the school, namely in the private life of the students. With both my parents being teachers, I know with certainity that an instable family environment is informative very often the cause of writing, arrogant and generally bad behaviour. Where the kids are left alone or treated bad by their family members, they can end up manifesting their anger at the school, during the informative lessons or in the corridors.

Those problems suggest their solutions. The amount of stress to which the students are underponed should be carefull analyzed by the teachers and accurately be revised and adjusted. The task is of course not easy, because a certain amount of essay writing rules, stress is inevitable, is the quality of the school has to be preserved. Regarding family problems, it is my firm convinction that child that were raised (or still are) in informative instable family environment should be followed carefully by expers, such as psyhcologists and pedagogists, and writing rules, sustained by teachers, in order to allow them to retrieve their happiness and bring their life back on the tracks. Summarizing, students can answer to exagerate stress acting bad: thus the solution is to carefully control and adjust the pressures on francis bacon the essays the students. Writing Rules? A more important cause of problematic behaviour is the family where student lives, that can already be a source of problems and team player essay, instability. Students should be therefore sustained by expers in their personal issues. (you can answer me via email if you want) Sorry for the delay.

Had a quick look and it looks an extremely good essay. Essay? My one concern is length. sometimes shorter can be better. Sorry but I simply don’y have the time to look at weapons, individual essays. This is a very good job. It was clearly given how to approach a task since you already have given the clue how to practice a certain topic, and so, through this, many IELTS writing examinees will have the idea now on how to write and rules, speak appropriately.

TheIELTSSolution.com. it is my first acknowlegment of this wonderful site. Please, i have started to practice writing essay and I need a professional tutor to assess my writing. I would like to research on the kite, know if I can send my essays to be assessed. hey can any one (specially Dominic Cole) tell some essay topics that might be asked in September 2011 (24th Sep.). please reply fast i need some important topics . Sorry, I have no way of telling – there’s a pretty large stock of essay writing, questions.

My general advice is to revise vocabulary for research papers on the kite, the key topic areas before the exam (you can find these on the essay question page) and then to make sure you read the exact question in the exam as closely as possible. I know that this is really boring advice – but be very careful about looking at “recent essay questions”. For me, their only essay writing rules, real value is to tell you the types of topic you will need to write about and are we, what sort of writing rules, vocab you need. Very frequently, the informative essay task part of the question – the bit that tells you what you need to do – is wrongly reported. Thank you very much for your helpful hints and appreciable and essay rules, dedicated efforts.As a candidate who took nearly 10 exams, I confess that I owe too much to francis bacon analysis, you. This is a very simple way to say thank you. Pleasure. I hope it’s worked out for you now. 10 tests is a lot – painful.

Hi Dominic, very good exam website thankyou. Please, how much is writing band reduce for short answer? Happy world rabies day! It rather depends how short the answer is. Research Papers On The Kite? My understanding/recollection is that you cannot get above 5.0 for task response unless you use 250 words. Your blog seems really good since you give sample IELTS essay questions and topics that would somehow helpful to writing rules, those IELTS writing examinees. This would serve as a guideline for them because it discusses and shows the exam process of IELTS writing through giving sample question formats, topics and francis bacon the essays analysis, tips. Through this, they can practice more in writing their essays and essay writing rules, would develop their skills more on pestel of sony case study writing.

TheIELTSSolution.com. dear Dominic Cole, can you please suggest me i started my writing task 1 and essay writing, task 2 at appropriate place but.in task 2 i need another page the invigilator give me page and stick behind task 2..but unfortunately i continue my task 2 on the first page (task 1)..if they will penalised me..p;ease answer me because i m in buy an informative essay dilemma i write both task very well. when i came home then one of my friend told me that you have to write on essay rules 3rd page becz it’s task 2..no one give announcement for alone in the universe, that..will it affect my score?? please answer as soon as possible.. I’m afraid I don’t have the answer to that one. Rules? I suspect that it wouldn’t make any difference. The Essays Analysis? The examiner is likely to have worked out what you did. sir, i humbly wish to draw your kind attention to the fact the according to the latest rubrics, ielts essays have to writing rules, be based on knowledge or experience NOT knowledge AND experience .i have been teaching ielts for around four years and ask my students to scrupulously keep this fact in world mind.Please answer. Are you seriously suggesting that candidates would be penalised for using both knowledge and essay rules, experience?! As someone who holds a masters in philosophy, I would be delighted if you could enlighten me as to of sony case study, exact distinction between them. I feel perfectly certain that 100% of essay writing, IELTS examiners would be unable to split that particular epistemological hair. I believe you will find that “or” enables candidates to do both. If I offer you “coffee or tea”, I would not be offended if you decided to have both.

The purpose of research kite runner, rephrasing the rubrics was to make them more accessible – if you read the source papers. The purpose was not to writing, introduce a new challenge to candidates. sir, i personally think that words i , we , you should be eschewed from pestel analysis case, task one along with copying the introduction from the statement of question (from task 2 as well) and sole emphasis should be laid on rules grouping the subject matter and comparisons . This is what i ask my students to do . Eschewed! a long time since I saw that word used in pestel case study earnest. I see your point about “you” and “I” in task 1, but cannot agree with you about “we”. Essay Writing Rules? I agree with you about copying wording from the question. The (difficult) skill is to rephrase the question without repeating it so that you have a valid introduction. I have given the IELTS recently and scored overall band 8 but the problem I faced was in my writing section I got only 6.5 and I need a score of minimum to get into the university I desire for. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME.. Your blog is very helpful.

With these guidelines, Ielts exam takers can have a better understanding and therefore feel more confident in their exams. pls can anybody suggest me reading techniques ?? specially for headings n yes/no/not given i cnt get more thn 6. You will find my own suggestions on the reading page. The key is to understand the difference between No and Not Given. help me #128578; write for and against argumentative essay Taking exams : for and against. I’ll see what I can do for you. It’s the sort of topic you need to be able to write and speak about.

I’ll try and post something next week. Thanks but I need it for Monday. #128578; good job, Dominic. which kind of English should i register for, general or academic? my intention is to apply for player essay, a job as a nurse. I’ve seen somewhere, they were saying there are some professions which requires academic English, i am afraid nursing might fall under that category but I’ve already registered for general English. If you are headed for the UK, it will be academic IELTS you need. I’m not sure about rules, Australia, but I imagine that there too the IELTS requirement would be academic. When did you apply? Normally, you can get a refund of your fee if you cancel 5 weeks before. Contact your local test centre.

It may be that they might also take pity on you and allow you to transfer to academic. This is the analysis first time i visited this site. In Australia, you need a minimum of 7.0 in every exam including the OBS. And the requirement there is Academic. I have a very big problem with preparing for IELTS( Academic).

I took IELTS for 3 times and my overal band score was 6.0 in all of them. My first time I scored 6.0 in every module. The second and the third I had 5.5 in Listening, 6 in Reading and essay writing rules, Writing and team player essay, 6.5 in Speaking. I really don’t know from where to start with studying, I have many books for IELTS, but I don’t know which one is the best. Please suggest me only 4 four books (one for every part of the exam) which are the best according to you. I desperately need 7.0 in writing rules every part of the test.

Appreciation for alone universe, this infmortiaon is over writing, 9000-thank you! Can i use pencil to attempt IELTS writing test?please anyone must reply me. I want to francis analysis, find out whether it is appropriate to writing, write less that three words where it is team essay stated that one should use no more than three words. Also, I would like to inquire maybe it is important to interpret a graph, line, table or chart by beginning from any point. Front, Middle or Back. I shall be looking forward to receiving your reply.

Thanking you in writing rules advance. No more than 3 words means 1, 2 or 3 words. you helped me a lot. I have studying on your website recently. I found it great and a resourceful webpage. I have taken the IELTS at least 7 times now, and I have not achieved my required results yet. Team? I need a band score of 8 in essay each module.

My next exam is on the 31.03.12, any more advice Sir?In my last 2 exam, I got 6.5 in pestel analysis case Writing. Your website is of great help for those who want to take IELTS #128521; I just want to writing, ask you this question: Other cultures highly value old people, while others value young people. Discuss both opposing views and give your opinion. I wanted to ask you a question about the IELTs and in partictular about paragraphs. When I did my ielts test, I finished the writing task 2, and left one line empty between each paragraph. However, when I wrote the team conclusion, I left 4-5 empty lines and writing rules, then started the conclusion.

I did this because I was sort of running out of world weapons, time, and didnt know if I wanted to add anything else in the last paragraph( the essay writing rules one before conclusion. so it looked a bit like this. Do you thing this will affect the mark I get? No, I very much doubt it- examiners are intelligent people. I am really grateful to you as I only alone, prepared for my IELTS examination from this website and I got band 8 in writing rules all modules except writing where I got 7.5. You are awesome. In simply words . No you shoulndot give your side immediately give yours conclusion step by step. Are We Alone In The? Firstly explain both sides and then which you like most give him side . Essay Writing? Agree or disagree is team player most important part choose 1 thing . Yes you should choose a type of essay rules, argument the main factor. i m so confused which book to choose for informative essay, preparing ielts so plz woud u like to suggest me which book to study. After I initially commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now each time a comment is writing rules added I get 4 emails with the same comment.

Is there any means you possibly can remove me from that service? Thanks! Sorry there is nothing I can do about that as I do not have details of that service. I can only suggest that you move the post to spam!! Congrats on your blog. One question thou, some literature state there are 4 different types of essays instead of the 3 types you mention in your blog, these are: Do you agree with this? if so, when we have a “to what extent do you agree or disagree” type of question, which kind of essay will that be from the 4 types mentioned above?x. Hmmmm. I do need to go back to that post.

The division you maker does make sense. In truth though I increasingly wonder how helpful it is to categorise different essay types rather than just looking at the particular question in front of pestel analysis, you and rules, answering the analysis study question as it is asked. I say this because I feel some candidates get trapped by trying to follow a particular formula. I will put this on my to do list. Thank you for your comment. firstly thanks for the effort you have made for us.anyway i am having problem in differentiating between agree/disgree and to what extent do you agree/disagree..i have seen essays written both by discussing both topic in essay 4 paragrpah model and also taking only one position.does the analysis of sony case topic content make difference on choosing the rules format of informative, such essay? Good question.

You will find advice that gives you quite strict guidelines on how to answer different question types -setting out formulae/formulas for each type of question. I am never really convinced by that approach, I much prefer the approach of looking at each question on writing its own merits and focussing on answering the question as it is asked. I realise that that may not seem particularly helpful, so here is case my general advice. The introduction and essay, conclusion are the areas where you need to team player essay, focus on essay addressing the question and giving your clear answer to it. Essay Weapons? So in rules those paragraphs you need to outline your your position in relation to of sony case, the question and give your answer. Even if the question is “do you agree?”, it is open to you to say I agree but only up to a point. The content paragraphs are where you introduce the reasons for your point of writing, view. Typically, the academic thing to do is to look at buy an, both sides of the issue – even if you have a strong opinion for one point of view. This can work with almost IELTS agree/disagree type questions. Certainly, with my own students, I encourage them to look at both sides of the issue, as for essay writing, them IELTS is simply a passport to academic courses at are we universe, university and I want them to essay writing rules, learn the skills of academic writing.That said, it is analysis study open to you to take just one position and argue that – on essay writing condition that you outline this is your introduction and the question does not ask you to look at both sides of the war 1 question. Hi Dominic Cole i introduced of essay writing rules, your blog before few days of the essays analysis, my IELTS exam; i also took suggestion as far as possible. Essay Writing? i participated on IELTS exam 1st September 2012 but unfortunately my writing task was out of my general knowledge of the analysis of sony case topics.

I frustrated what i should write? my topic was quoted you. Essay Rules? It was. ” It is a natural process of animal species to papers runner, become extinct (e.g dinosaurs, dodos etc). There is no reason why people should try to happening this. Do you agree or disagree?” in this case how i prepare myself to essay rules, get excellent score? any suggestion? please. Hi Dominic cole,

I have given Ilets exam in General three times and every time i got 6.5 in writing but i need 7 each.How can i practice writing at home and buy an, know where is the mistake in my writing to improve.Please give some tips. Rules? Thank you. i m having my exam on 22nd sept i m not able to francis, pass i m giving 2nd time plzz give some suggestion what should i do i m not having that much time to prepare plzzz try to rules, give suggestion abt ielts. you done very well. your blog guide me to research papers on the kite runner, significant progress… thanks a lot… Hi there to every single one, it’s in fact a pleasant for me to go to see this website, it includes precious Information. Awesome blog! Do you have any suggestions for aspiring writers?

I’m planning to start my own blog soon but I’m a little lost on. everything. Would you suggest starting with. a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I’m completely confused .. Any recommendations?

Cheers! Practiced essay need to get it reviewed, How can i do that. I suggest you contact one of the tutors on the site. As an ESOL teacher , this is a well thought out, clearly presented and, importantly, helpful website. I have found it extremely useful for my own and essay rules, my students’ use.

Hy, I dont have much to ask for right now. Papers On The Kite? Just wanted to clarify a query for writing test. Essay? Do we get choice to select the essay types as in, for instance choose 2 from given 3 topics…kind of. I hope you get what I mean in this context. Please excuse my lame language. Hello, I was just wondering is on the kite runner there any difference in essay rules scoring of academic and general writing ? I felt, the vocab section in academic test , requires more academic words.If not, candidates will not score a 7 or 8 in research papers kite runner it (. ). And what about ‘ agree or disagree / positive or negative types questions?

Is it necessary to rules, stick with one side in the opinion paragraph? ie; 2 positive points and are we universe essay, 1 negative point. Can I still conclude it as ‘positive’ ? Logically, it doesn’t make sense as the negative side would nullify one of the essay positive effects, wouldn’t it? Could we go like ‘ it may be positive’ in this case ( if the question is ‘ is are we universe this positive or negative’)? Why many students are not getting 9 in task response? Is it mainly because of the lack of relevant example ? If you could be any of my assistance, I’d really grateful.

I have had a question for writing task 2. When I went to school to prepare for IELTS, they said I should not use “I, you” when I write task 2. Essay Writing? I could use “It is said/ believed/ stated that…”. Generally, they said I should not use 1st 2nd like “I, U”, should use negative voice. World War 1 Essay Weapons? What do you think about this opinion? Good question. My own preference is to avoid the “I”, but that does not mean you can never use it.

There are times when you want to make it clear that this is your opinion and then personal language is more appropriate. It may be more stylist though to use “In my view” rather than “I think” what will happen if i write agree/disagree while question ask for both view. Thank you for the great ideas. Rules? I have to focus on some time I choose to adopt to write a article. It is very important that you keep to the topic. Essay? Don’t stray onto something else! Hey DC .. Essay? I need essay writing templates that include some general words, necessary for any kind of essay.. Alone In The? Please help me. dear dominic i m writing from india my exam on 6 september 2014 …..pls help me in writing topics….for ex…….SMOKING SHOULD BE BANNED ON PUBLIC PLACES……TO WHAT EXTENT DO U AGREE OR DISAGREE……..can i discribe in introduction that smoking should banned …then in first body paragraph problems by smoking in public places then in essay writing rules second paragraph effects of runner, smoking in public places …..then in conclusion about writing rules, goverment should take hard step to stop this………….also tell me in agree disagree we must have to dicusss both …….answer soon.. I find your website really helpful. Team Player Essay? but i have faced a problem regarding your section of letter writing for rules, general ielts. I need to prepare for general ielts but as soon as i click on the section, error occurs.

So please fix the problem. Regards. Can you point me to the exact link that doesn’t work. Weapons? It all seems fine to me. Many of the links for the topics are broken. How many people have visited your website? Of them, what is the % from China? DCielts provides useful information in helping Chinese students who are planning to essay writing rules, sit Ielts or Toefl. Thanks. I found your website very useful for me.

Thanks to your sample essays, I was able to world, get 8 for writing. Thank you very much sir. Actually I m very confuse about writing task 2 ( Essay Writing ).Is it possible that Same Essay topic will come again next IELTS exam?Which topic I refere maximum for exam?Can you please guide me sir? thank’s dominic you helped me a lot. Sir my IELTS test will be on next week: and i need at least 6 bands in writing: Some people claim that not enough of the waste from homes is writing recycled. They say that the only way to increase recycling is for governments to make it a legal requirement.

Mostly the recycled product is come from the home wastage’s, but nowadays concerned department are claiming that waste material from research papers on the runner, home is not properly enough as it should be. Some people of the society believe that it is the negligence of people that waste material are not receiving enough by essay writing, the concerned organization from the war 1 weapons society, therefore, they believe that a legislation should be passed for making it a legal requirement. As far as my opinion is concerned there should be a law for recycling, but, it is also the writing responsibility of the research kite society and media as well. Organizations for recycling are doing their job in a proper manner. They collected every garbage from the street even from the writing rules gutters as well. In contrast, residents of the society are not participating with the recycling workforce; moreover, it happens due to lack of team player, awareness in essay writing rules people for the importance of recycling garbage. Secondly, there is the negligence factor as well in the society in are we in the essay participating with recycling department. For instance, people throw their house waste material into their dustbins without separating the recycled material from the un-recycled material. Writing Rules? Even a recently conducted survey revealed the fact that the 50% materials which can be recycled are wasted because they are not separated from the non-recyclable material by case, the residents of the society.

Secondly, citizens of the society are not giving enough importance in the recycling of wastage, therefore, government should pass the legislation that garbage should be separated as recycled and non-recycled wastage, moreover, people should pack that recyclable product and put them in a separate box instead of throwing in the dustbin. Essay Writing? In addition, government should also penalize those people who are not obeying the law. Therefore, these acts restrict the on the runner citizens to follow the law and help the recycling department to get as much garbage as the organizations wanted to recycle. After viewing above all discussion, it would lead me to conclude on the note that people should feel the importance material and writing rules, legislation should be passed for waste material. Player Essay? These kind of acts would be enough to enhance the essay writing proportion of waste material. […] Sample essay questions and sample essays […]

Buy Essay Papers Here -
How to Write an Essay (with Pictures) - …

zzzz best case study ZZZZ BEST COMPANY, INC. Source: Contemporary Auditing: Issues Cases - Michael Knapp. On May 19, 1987, a short article in The Wall Street Journal reported that ZZZZ Best Company, Inc., of Reseda, California, had signed a contract for a $13.8 million in­surance restoration project. This project was just the most recent of essay, a series of essay, large restoration jobs obtained by ZZZZ Best (pronounced “zee best”) Company. Located in the San Fernando Valley of southern California, ZZZZ Best had begun operations in the fall of 1982 as a small, door-to-door carpet cleaning operation.

Under the direction of Barry Minkow, the ambitious sixteen-year-old who founded the company and initially operated it out of his parents’ garage, ZZZZ Best experienced explosive growth in both revenues and profits during the first several years of its existence. Rules? In the analysis three-year period from 1984 to 1987, the essay writing rules com­pany’s net income surged from less than $200,000 to more than $5 million on reve­nues of $50 million. When ZZZZ Best went public in informative essay 1986, Minkow and essay writing, several of his close associ­ates became multimillionaires overnight. By the late spring of 1987, Minkow’s stock in the company had a market value exceeding $100 million, and the total market value of ZZZZ Best surpassed $200 million. The youngest chief executive officer in the nation enjoyed the “good life,” which included an elaborate home in an exclusive suburb of of sony, Los Angeles and a fire-engine red Ferrari. Minkow’s charm and entrepreneurial genius made him a sought-after commodity on the television talk show circuit and caused the essay print and are we alone in the essay, visual media to tout him as an essay example of what America’s youth could attain if they would only apply them­selves. Research Kite? During an appearance on The Oprah Winfrey Show in April 1987, Minkow exhorted his peers with evangelistic zeal to “Think big, be big” and encouraged them to adopt his personal motto, “The sky is the limit.” Less than two years after his appearance on essay writing The Oprah Winfrey Show, Barry Minkow began serving a twenty-five-year prison sentence.

Tried and world war 1 weapons, convicted on rules fifty-seven counts of securities fraud, Minkow had been exposed as a fast­talking con artist who bilked his closest friends and Wall Street out of study, millions of dollars. Federal prosecutors estimate that, at a minimum, Minkow cost investors and creditors $100 million. The company that Minkow founded was, in fact, an elaborate Ponzi scheme. Writing Rules? The reported profits of the firm were nonexistent and analysis of sony case study, the huge restoration contracts, imaginary. As one journalist reported, rather than building a corporation, Minkow constructed a hologram of writing rules, a corporation. In July 1987, just three months after the informative company’s stock had reached a market value of $220 million, an writing auction of its assets netted only $62,000. Unlike most financial frauds, the ZZZZ Best scam was perpetrated under the watchful eye of the research on the kite runner Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The scrutiny of the SEC, one of the largest Wall Street brokerage houses, a large and reputable West Coast law firm that served as the company’s general counsel, and writing rules, an inter­national public accounting firm had failed to uncover Minkow’s daring scheme. Ultimately, the persistence of an indignant homemaker who had been bilked out of a few hundred dollars by ZZZZ Best resulted in Minkow being exposed as a fraud. How a teenage flimflam artist could make a mockery of the complex regula­tory structure that oversees the research papers on the runner U.S. securities markets was the central question posed by a congressional subcommittee that investigated the writing ZZZZ Best debacle. Representative John D. Dingell, chairman of the essay U.S.

House Committee on Energy and essay, Commerce, pointed out, “The ZZZZ Best prospectus told the public that revenues and earnings from insurance restoration contracts were skyrocket­ing but did not reveal that the contracts were completely fictitious. On The Kite? Where were the independent auditors and the others that are paid to writing, alert the public to fraud and deceit?” [1] Like many other daring financial frauds, the ZZZZ Best scandal caused Congress to reexamine and modify the maze of rules that regulate finan­cial reporting and war 1 essay weapons, serve as the foundation of the U.S. system of corporate over­sight. However, Daniel Akst, a reporter for The Wall Street Journal who played a large role in exposing Minkow, suggests that another ZZZZ Best is essay writing inevitable: Changing the accounting rules and securities laws will help, but every now and then a Barry Minkow will come along, and ZZZZ Best will happen again. Such frauds are in the natural order of things, I suspect, as old and enduring as human needs. Buy An Essay? [2] THE EARLY HISTORY OF ZZZZ BEST COMPANY. Barry Minkow was introduced to the carpet cleaning industry at the age of essay rules, twelve by his mother, who helped make ends meet by working as a telephone solicitor for a small carpet cleaning firm. Although the great majority of companies in the carpet cleaning industry are legitimate, the nature of the kite business attracts a dis­proportionate number of seedy characters. Writing Rules? There are essentially no barriers to buy an, entry: no licensing requirements, no apprenticeships to be served, and only a minimal amount of start-up capital needed. A sixteen-year-old youth with a dri­ver’s license can easily become what industry insiders refer to as a “rug sucker,” which is exactly what Minkow did when he founded ZZZZ Best Company. Minkow quickly recognized that carpet cleaning was a difficult way to earn a livelihood. The ease of entry into the field meant that cutthroat competition was hue of prevalent within the industry.

Customer complaints, bad checks, and essay, nagging vendors demanding payment complicated the team young entrepreneur’s life. Within months of writing, striking out on his own, Minkow faced the ultimate nemesis of the small businessperson: a shortage of working capital. Because of his age and the. table fact that ZZZZ Best was only marginally profitable, local banks refused to loan inter- him money Ever resourceful, the brassy teenager came up with his own innova­tive ways to finance his business: check kiting, credit card forgeries, and research papers runner, the staging of thefts to essay, fleece his insurance company. Minkow’s age and personal charm as a allowed him to escape relatively unscathed from his early brushes with the law that resulted from his creative financing methods.

The ease with which the “sys­ ula- tern” could be beaten encouraged him to bacon the essays analysis, exploit it on writing a broader scale. Throughout his short business career, Minkow realized the benefits of having an extensive social network of friends and acquaintances. Many of these relationships he developed and cultivated at a swanky Los Angeles health club. Team Player Essay? Soon after becoming a friend of Tom Padgett, an writing rules insurance claims adjuster, Minkow devised a scheme to exploit that friendship. Minkow promised to pay Padgett $100 per week if he would simply confirm over the telephone to banks and any other interested third parties that Minkow’s company was the recipient of occasional insurance restoration contracts.

Ostensibly, these contracts had been obtained by an- Minkow to clean and do minor remodeling work on properties damaged by fire, storms, or other catastrophes. The gullible Padgett was led to believe that the sole a purpose of such confirmations was to allow Minkow to circumvent much of the in the universe bureaucratic red tape in the insurance industry. From this beginning, the writing ZZZZ Best fraud blossomed. Initially, the insurance restoration work, which was totally fictitious, was a small sideline that Minkow used to francis bacon the essays analysis, generate paper profits and revenues to convince bankers to loan him money Minkow’s phony financial statements served their purpose, and he ex­panded his operations by opening several carpet cleaning outlets across the San Fernando Valley Minkow soon realized that there was no need to tie his future to the cutthroat carpet cleaning industry when he could literally dictate the rules size and profitability of his insurance restoration ‘‘business.’’ Within a short period of time, insurance restoration, rather than carpet cleaning, became the major source of revenue appearing on analysis case the ZZZZ Best income statements. Minkow’s the sky is the limit philosophy drove him to be even more innova­tive. The charming young entrepreneur began using his phony financial state­ments to essay writing, entice wealthy individuals in his ever-expanding social network to invest in ZZZZ Best. Eventually, Minkow recognized that the world war 1 weapons ultimate scam would be to take his company public, a move that would allow him to rules, tap the bacon the essays analysis bank accounts of writing, investors nationwide. GOING PUBLIC WITH ZZZZ BEST. The decision to take ZZZZ Best public meant that Minkow no longer was able to completely control his firm’s financial disclosures. Registering with the SEC required auditors, investment bankers, and outside attorneys to peruse the francis the essays analysis ZZZZ Best financial statements.

Federal securities laws impose a due diligence obligation on these parties; that is, under the essay writing rules federal securities laws, parties asso­ciated with a securities registration statement must attempt to determine that the information therein is materially accurate. ZZZZ Best was first subjected to a full-scope independent audit of its financial statements for the twelve months ended April 30, 1986. George Greenspan, the sole practitioner who performed that audit, confirmed the existence of ZZZZ Best’s major insurance restoration contracts by contacting Tom Padgett, the principal officer of are we essay, Interstate Appraisal Services, which reportedly contracted the jobs out to essay rules, ZZZZ Best. By this time, Padgett was an active and willing participant in Minkow’s fraudulent schemes. Minkow had established Interstate Appraisal Services and Assured Property Management for the sole purpose of generating fake insurance restoration contracts for ZZZZ Best.

According to Greenspan’s testimony before the congressional subcommittee that investigated the ZZZZ Best scandal, he not only war 1 weapons, confirmed the existence of the insurance restoration jobs but also obtained and reviewed copies of all key documents regarding those jobs. Essay Writing Rules? In addition, Greenspan performed various ana­lytical procedures to determine that the company’s key financial ratios were in line with industry averages. However, Greenspan did not inspect any of the in­surance restoration sites. The congressional subcommittee was surprised, if not alarmed, that he had not personally visited at least a few of the job sites. CONGRESSMAN LENT: Mr.

Greenspan, I am interested in the SEC Form 5-1 that ZZZZ Best Company filed with the SEC. You say in that report that you made your examination in research on the accordance with generally accepted auditing stan­dards and accordingly included such tests of the accounting records and other auditing procedures as we consider necessary in essay writing rules the circumstances…..You don’t say in that statement that you made any personal on-site inspections. MR. GREENSPAN: It’s not required. Sometimes you do; sometimes you don’t. I was satisfied that these jobs existed and I was satisfied from at least six differ­ent sources, including payment for the job. What could you want better than that?

CONGRESSMAN LENT: Your position is war 1 weapons that you are an essay writing honest and reputable ac­countant. MR. GREENSPAN: Yes, sir. CONGRESSMAN LENT: You were as much a victim as some of the universe investors in writing rules this company? MR. GREENSPAN: I was a victim all right. I am as much aghast as anyone.

And every night I sit down and say, why didn’t I detect this damned fraud. RETENTION OF ERNST WHINNEY BY ZZZZ BEST. Shortly after Greenspan completed his audit of ZZZZ Best’s April 30, 1986, fi­nancial statements, Minkow dismissed him and retained Ernst Whinney to per­form the following year’s audit. Apparently, ZZZZ Best’s investment broker requested that Minkow obtain a Big Eight accounting firm to enhance the credi­bility of the bacon the essays company’s financial statements. About the essay writing same time, and for the same reason, Minkow retained a high-profile Los Angeles law firm to papers, represent ZZZZ Best as its legal counsel. The congressional subcommittee asked Greenspan what information he pro­vided to essay writing, Ernst Whinney regarding his former client. In particular, the subcom­mittee was interested in whether Greenspan had discussed the insurance restoration contracts with the new auditors. CONGRESSMAN WYDEN: Mr. World War 1? Greenspan, in September 1986, Ernst Whinney came on as the essay new independent accountant for francis bacon the essays, ZZZZ Best. What did you communicate to Ernst Whinney with respect to the restoration contracts? MR.

GREENSPAN: Nothing. I did—there was nothing because they never got in touch with me. It’s protocol for the new accountant to get in touch with the old accountant. They never got in rules touch with me, and it’s still a mystery to me. Representatives of Ernst Whinney later testified that they did, in fact, com­municate with Greenspan prior to accepting ZZZZ Best as an audit client. However, Ernst Whinney’s testimony did not disclose the nature or content of world war 1 essay, that communication, and Greenspan was not recalled to rules, rebut Ernst Whinney’s testimony on this issue. Exhibit 1 contains the engagement letter signed by Ernst Whinney and Barry Minkow in research on the kite September 1986.

The engagement letter outlined four services that the audit firm intended to provide ZZZZ Best: a review of the company’s financial statements for the three-month period ending July 31, 1986; assistance in the preparation of a registration statement to be filed with the SEC; a comfort letter to essay writing, be submitted to ZZZZ Best’s underwriters; and analysis, a full-scope audit for the fiscal year ending April 30, 1987. Ernst Whinney completed the review, provided the comfort letter to ZZZZ Best’s underwriters, and apparently assisted the writing rules company in preparing the registration statement for the SEC; however, Ernst Whinney never completed the 1987 audit. The audit firm resigned on papers on the June 2, 1987, amid growing concerns that ZZZZ Best’s financial statements were grossly misstated. The congressional subcommittee investigating the ZZZZ Best fraud questioned Ernst Whinney representatives at length regarding the bogus insurance restoration contracts—contracts that accounted for 90 percent of ZZZZ Best’s re­ported profits. The congressional testimony disclosed that Ernst Whinney re­peatedly insisted on visiting several of the rules largest of these contract sites, and that Minkow and war 1 essay, his associates attempted to discourage such visits. Eventually, Minkow realized that the auditors would not relent and agreed to allow them to visit certain of the restoration sites, knowing full well that none of the sites actu­ally existed. To convince Ernst Whinney that the insurance restoration contracts were au­thentic, Minkow and his associates devised a series of sting operations. In the late fall of 1986, Larry Gray, the engagement audit partner for ZZZZ Best, insisted on essay rules visiting a restoration site in Sacramento on which ZZZZ Best had reported ob­taining a multimillion-dollar contract.

Minkow sent two of his cohorts to analysis of sony study, Sacramento to find a large building under construction or renovation that would provide a plausible site for a restoration contract. Gray had visited Sacramento weeks earlier to search for essay rules, the site that Minkow had refused to divulge. As chance would have it, the building chosen by on the kite the ZZZZ Best conspirators was the same one Gray had identified as the rules most likely site of the insurance restoration job. EXHIBIT 1 Ernst Whinney's ZZZZ Best Engagement Letter. Mr.

Barry Minkow. Chairman of the alone in the universe Board. ZZZZ Best Co., Inc. 7040 Darby Avenue. This letter is to confirm our understanding regarding our engagement as independent accoun­tants of ZZZZ BEST CO., INC. (the Company) and the nature and writing, limitations of the services we will provide. We will perform the player essay following services: 1. We will review the rules balance sheet of the Company as of July 31, 1986, and the related statements of income, retained earnings, and changes in alone financial position for the three months then ended, in accordance with standards established by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. We will not perform an audit of such financial statements, the objective of which is the expressing of an opinion regarding the financial statements taken as a whole, and, accord­ingly, we will not express an opinion on them. Essay Writing Rules? Our report on the financial statements is presently expected to read as follows: “ We have made a review of the war 1 weapons condensed consolidated balance sheet of ZZZZ BEST CO., INC. and subsidiaries as of July 31,1986, and the related condensed consolidated statements of income and changes in essay writing financial position for analysis of sony case study, the three-month period ended July 31, 1986, in accordance with standards established by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.

A review of the condensed consolidated financial statements for the comparative period of the prior year was not made. A review of financial information consists principally of obtaining an understanding of the system for essay, the preparation of the essays, interim financial information, applying analytical review proce­dures to writing rules, financial data, and making inquiries of persons responsible for financial and account­ing matters. It is substantially less in scope than an examination in essay accordance with generally accepted auditing standards, which will be performed for the full year with the essay writing objective of are we alone in the universe, expressing an opinion regarding the financial statements taken as a whole. Accordingly, we do not ex­press such an opinion. Based on writing our review, we are not aware of any material modifications that should be made to the condensed consolidated interim financial statements referred to above for them to be in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles” Our engagement cannot be relied upon to analysis of sony case study, disclose errors, irregularities, or illegal acts, including fraud or defalcations, that may exist. However, we will inform you of any such matters that come to our attention.

2. We will assist in the preparation of a Registration Statement (Form S-1) under the Securities Act of 1933 including advice and counsel in conforming the financial statements and related information to Regulation S-X. 3. We will assist in resolving the accounting and financial reporting questions which will arise as a part of the preparation of the Registration Statement referred to above. 4. We will prepare a letter for the underwriters, if required (i.e., a Comfort Letter), bearing in mind the limited nature of the work we have done with respect to the financial data. 5. Rules? We will examine the consolidated financial statements of the Company as of April 30, 1987, and for the year then ended and issue our report in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards approved by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. These standards contemplate, among other things, that (1) we will study and evaluate the buy an essay Company’s internal con­trol system as a basis for essay writing, reliance on the accounting records and for determining the extent of our audit tests; and (2) that we will be able to obtain sufficient evidential matter to essay, afford a rea­sonable basis for our opinion on the financial statements. However, it should be understood that our reports will necessarily be governed by the findings developed in essay the course of our examina­tion and that we could be required, depending upon the circumstances, to analysis, modify our reporting from the writing typical unqualified opinion. We will advise you, as our examination progresses, if any developments indicate that we will be unable to team essay, express an unqualified opinion. Because our examination will be performed generally on a test basis, it will not necessarily disclose irregularities, if any, that may exist. However, we will promptly report to you any irregularities which our exami­nation does disclose.

Our fees will be derived from our customary rates for the various personnel involved plus out-of-pocket expenses. Certain factors can have an effect on the time incurred in the conduct of our work. Among these are the general condition of the accounting records, the amount of assis­tance received from your personnel in the accumulation of data, the rules size and transaction volume of business, any significant financial reporting issues that arise in connection with the SEC’s review of the S-1, as well as unforeseen circumstances. Based upon our current understanding of the situation, the amount of our proposed billing for the various services which we will be provid­ing are estimated to be: Review of the July 31, 1986 financial statements $5,000—$7,500.

Assistance in the preparation of the team essay Registration Statement 8,000—30,000. Comfort Letter 4,000— 6,000. Audit of essay, financial statements as of April 30, 1987 24,000—29,000. We will invoice you each month for analysis, the time charges and expenses incurred in the previous month and such invoices are due and rules, payable upon presentation. Larry D. Universe? Gray, Partner, is the essay writing Client Service Executive assigned to the engagement.

Peter Griffith, Audit Manager, and Michael McCormick, Tax Manager, have also been assigned. We greatly appreciate your engagement of our firm; if you have any questions, we shall be pleased to discuss them with you. Please indicate your acceptance of the above arrangements by signing and returning the papers kite enclosed copy. Essay Writing? This letter constitutes the full understanding of the terms of our engagement. Very truly yours. By Larry D. Papers On The Kite? Gray, Partner. ZZZZ BEST CO..

INC. Barry J. Essay Writing Rules? Minkow, Chairman of the world Board. Minkow’s two confederates, while posing as leasing agents of a property man­agement firm, convinced the supervisor of the writing construction site to provide the keys to francis, the building one weekend on the pretext that a large prospective tenant wished to writing rules, tour the facility. Prior to the arrival of Larry Gray and an attorney rep­resenting ZZZZ Best’s law firm, Minkow’s subordinates visited the player site and placed placards on essay writing rules the walls at conspicuous locations indicating that ZZZZ Best was the contractor for the building renovation. No details were overlooked by in the universe essay Minkow’s lieutenants; they even paid the building’s security officer to greet the rules visitors and pestel analysis of sony study, demonstrate that he was aware in advance of their tour of the site and its purpose. Although the essay writing building had not been damaged and instead was simply in the process of essay, being completed, the rules sting operation went off as planned. Exhibit 2 presents the memorandum Gray wrote describing his tour of the building—a memorandum that was included in Ernst Whinney’s ZZZZ Best workpapers. Congressional investigators quizzed Gray regarding the measures he took to confirm that ZZZZ Best actually had a restoration contract on the Sacramento building.

They were particularly concerned that he never discovered the building had not suffered several million dollars in team essay damages a few months earlier, as claimed by ZZZZ Best personnel. CONGRESSMAN LENT: . . Rules? . did you check the pestel of sony case building permit or construction permit? MR. GRAY: No, sir. That wouldn’t be necessary to essay rules, accomplish what I was setting out to accomplish. CONGRESSMAN LENT: And you did not check with the team building’s owners to see if an insurance claim had been filed? MR. GRAY: Same answer. It wasn’t necessary. I had seen the paperwork inter­nally of our client, the support for essay writing rules, a great amount of detail. So, I had no need to pestel of sony study, ask—to pursue that.

CONGRESSMAN LENT: You understand that what you saw was not anything that was real in any sense of the word. You are saying you were duped, are you not? MR. GRAY: Absolutely. Congressional testimony disclosed that one of the visitations by Ernst Whinney forced ZZZZ Best to lease a partially completed building and to hire subcontractors to do a considerable amount of essay, work on pestel analysis of sony the site. In total, ZZZZ Best spent several million dollars for the sole purpose of essay writing, deceiving its auditors. The success of the bogus site visitations was due in large part to Minkow’s in­sistence that Ernst Whinney and ZZZZ Best’s law firm sign confidentiality agreements before the visits were made.

A copy of one such agreement is shown in Exhibit 3. Members of the bacon the essays congressional subcommittee were troubled by essay writing rules the following stipulation of the papers kite confidentiality agreement: “We will not make any follow-up telephone calls to any contractors, insurance companies, the building owner, or other individuals involved in the restoration contract.” This restriction effectively precluded the auditors and attorneys from corroborating the insurance restoration contracts with independent third parties. EXHIBIT 2 Ernst Whinney Internal Memo Regarding Visit to ZZZZ Best Restoration Project. TO: ZZZZ Best Co., Inc. File. FROM: Larry 0. Gray. RE: Visit to Sacramento Job.

At our request, the Company arranged for a tour of the job site in Sacramento on November 23rd [1986]. The site (not previously identified for essay writing rules, us because of the confidentiality agreement with their customer) had been informally visited by me on October 27. I knew approximately where the essay job was, and was able to identify it through the construction activity going on. On November 23, Mark Morse accompanied Mark Moskowitz of Hughes Hubbard Reed and essay writing, myself to Sacramento. Pestel Analysis? We visited first the offices of the Building Manager, Mark Roddy of Assured Property Management, Inc Roddy was hired by the insurance company (at Tom Padgett’s suggestion according to rules, Morse) to oversee the bacon renovation activities and the leasing of the space. Roddy accompanied us to the building site. We were informed that the writing damage occurred from the water storage on the roof of the building. The storage was for the sprinkler systems, but the water was somehow released in total, causing construction damage to pestel of sony, floors 17 and 18, primarily in bathrooms which were directly under the water holding tower, then the water spread out and flooded floors 16 down through about 5 or 6, where it started to spread out even further and be held in pools. We toured floor 17 briefly (it is currently occupied by a law firm) then visited floor 12 (which had a considerable amount of unoccupied space) and essay rules, floor 7. Morse pointed out to us the carpet, painting and clean up work which had been ZZZZ Best’s responsibility. War 1 Weapons? We noted some work not done in some other areas (and in unoccupied tenant space).

But per Mark, this was not ZZZZ Best’s responsibility, rather was work being undertaken by tenants for essay, their own purposes. Per Morse (and Roddy) ZZZZ Best’s work is substantially complete and has passed final inspec­tion. Buy An Informative? Final sign-off is rules expected shortly, with final payment due to ZZZZ Best in early December. Morse was well versed in research papers on the kite runner the building history and in the work scope for ZZZZ Best. The tour was beneficial in gaining insight as to the scope of the damage that had occurred and rules, the type of research papers runner, work that the essay writing rules Company can do.

EXHIBIT 3 - Ernst Whinney’s Confidentiality Agreement with ZZZZ Best Regarding Visits to Restoration Projects. Mr. Barry Minkow, President. ZZZZ Best Co., Inc. 7040 Darby Avenue. In connection with the proposed public offering (the Offering) of team essay, Units consisting of common stock and warrants of ZZZZ Best Co. , Inc. (the Company), we have requested a tour of the site of the Company’s insurance restoration project in Sacramento, California, Contract No. Essay Rules? 18886.

Subject to team player, the representations and writing, warranties below, the Company has agreed to arrange such a tour, which will be conducted by francis bacon the essays a representative of essay writing rules, Assured Property Management Inc. (the Representative), which company is are we essay unaffiliated with Interstate Appraisal Services. The under­signed, personally and on essay behalf of Ernst Whinney, hereby represents and warrants that: 1. We will not disclose the location of such building, or any other information with respect to the project or the building, to any third parties or to any other members or employees of our firm; 2. We will not make any follow-up telephone calls to any contractors, insurance companies, the building owner, or other individuals involved in war 1 the restoration project; 3. Writing Rules? We will obey all on-site safety and other rules and regulations established by the Company, Interstate Appraisal Services and bacon the essays analysis, the Representative; 4. The undersigned will be the only representative of this Firm present on the tour. This Confidentiality Letter is also being furnished for the benefit of Interstate Appraisal Services, to the same extent as if it were furnished directly to such company. RESIGNATION OF ERNST WHINNEY. Ernst Whinney resigned as ZZZZ Best’s auditor on June 2, 1987, following a series of disturbing events that caused the firm to question the integrity of Minkow and his associates.

First, Ernst Whinney was alarmed by a Los Angeles Times article in mid-May 1987 that revealed Minkow had been involved in a string of essay writing rules, credit card forgeries as a teenager. Second, on May 28, 1987, ZZZZ Best issued a press release, without consulting or notifying Ernst Whinney, that reported record profits and revenues. Player? The purpose of this press release was to restore in­vestors’ confidence in the company—confidence that had been shaken by the damaging Los Angeles Times story. Third, and most important, on May 29, Ernst Whinney auditors discovered evidence supporting allegations made several weeks earlier by a third party informant that ZZZZ Best’s insurance restoration business was fictitious. The informant had contacted Ernst Whinney in April 1987 and asked for $25,000 in exchange for information proving that one of the essay rules firm’s clients was engaging in a massive fraud. Informative Essay? Ernst Whinney refused to rules, pay the francis the essays analysis sum, and the individual recanted shortly thereafter, but not until the firm de­termined that the allegation involved ZZZZ Best. (Congressional testimony dis­closed that the individual recanted because of a bribe paid to essay rules, him by Minkow.) Despite the retraction, Ernst Whinney questioned Minkow and ZZZZ Best’s board of directors regarding the matter, at which point Minkow denied ever knowing the individual who had made the allegation. On May 29, 1987, however, Ernst Whinney auditors discovered several cancelled checks that Minkow had personally written to buy an informative, the informant several months earlier. Because ZZZZ Best was a public company, the resignation of its independent auditor was required to be reported to essay rules, the SEC in an 8-K filing. One purpose of this requirement is to alert investors and creditors of the circumstances that may have led to the change in auditors.

At the time, SEC registrants were allowed fif­teen days to file the francis bacon analysis 8-K auditor change announcement. After waiting the maxi­mum permissible time, ZZZZ Best reported the essay writing change in auditors but, despite Ernst Whinney’s insistence, made no mention in research papers on the kite runner the 8-K of the fraud allegation that had been subsequently recanted. The SEC’s rules that were in effect at the time also required a former audit firm to file an exhibit letter to a former client’s 8-K commenting on the 8-K’s accuracy and completeness. Former audit firms were given thirty days to rules, file the exhibit letter, which was the length of time Ernst Whinney waited before submitting its exhibit letter to the SEC. World War 1? In that letter, Ernst Whinney reported its concern regarding the earlier allegation that ZZZZ Best’s insurance contracts were fraudulent. The congressional subcommittee was alarmed that forty-five days passed be­fore the charges of fraudulent misrepresentations in ZZZZ Best’s financial state­ments were disclosed to the public. By the time Ernst Whinney’s exhibit letter was released to the public, ZZZZ Best had filed for protection from its creditors under Chapter 11 of the federal bankruptcy code. During the period that elapsed between Ernst Whinney’s resignation and its filing of the 8-K exhibit letter, ZZZZ Best obtained significant financing from several parties, including $1 mil­lion from a close friend of Minkow’s. These parties never recovered the essay funds in­vested in, or loaned to, ZZZZ Best.

As a direct result of the ZZZZ Best debacle, the SEC shortened the length of francis the essays, time that registrants and essay writing, their former auditors may wait before filing the required auditor change documents with the SEC. The congressional subcommittee also quizzed Ernst Whinney representa­tives regarding the information they disclosed to Price Waterhouse, the audit firm hired by Minkow to replace Ernst Whinney. Analysis Of Sony? [3] Congressman Wyden was concerned that Price Waterhouse had not received all relevant information that Ernst Whinney had in its possession regarding its former client. CONGRESSMAN WYDEN: I am going to insert into the record at this point a memo entitled “Discussion with successor auditor,” written by Mr. Gray and dated June 9, 1987. Regarding a June 4 meeting, Mr. Gray, with Dan Lyle of Price Waterhouse concerning the integrity of ZZZZ Best’s management, you stated that you had no reportable disagreements and no reservations about manage­ment integrity pending the results of a board of directors’ investigation. Then you went on essay writing rules to say that you resigned because, and I quote here: “We came to a conclusion that we didn’t want to become associated with the financial statements.”

Is that correct? MR. GRAY: That is correct. MR. WYDEN: . . . Team? Mr. Gray, you told the writing committee staff on buy an informative May 29, 1987, that when you uncovered evidence to essay rules, support allegations of fraud that you decided to essay, pack up your workpapers and writing rules, leave the ZZZZ Best audit site. How did your leaving without telling anybody except the ZZZZ Best management and case, board of directors the reasons for leaving help the public and investors? Ernst Whinney’s reluctance to writing rules, disclose its reservations regarding Minkow’s in­tegrity quite possibly stemmed from concern that such disclosures might result in Minkow suing the team audit firm. [4] A final twist to the ZZZZ Best scandal was an rules anonymous letter received by Ernst Whinney exactly one week after the firm resigned as ZZZZ Best’s audi­tors. On that date, no one other than Ernst Whinney and ZZZZ Best’s officers was aware of the firm’s resignation.

The letter, shown in Exhibit 4, detailed a number of essay weapons, allegations suggesting that the ZZZZ Best financial statements were fraudulent. According to the congressional testimony, Ernst Whinney for­warded this letter to essay rules, the SEC on June 17, 1987. EXHIBIT 4 Anonymous Letter Received by analysis Ernst Whinney Regarding ZZZZ Best. 515 South Flower. Los Angeles, California 90021. I am an individual having certain confidential information regarding the financial condition of ZZZZ Best Co., Inc. I have read the prospectus and your Review Report dated October 3,1986 and recognize you have not done an essay examination In accordance with generally accepted auditing standards, but that such audit will be forthcoming by you. I wish to make you aware of the following material facts which require you to confirm or disaffirm: 1. The electric generators which appear on the balance sheet under Note 6 as being purchased for $1,970,000 were purchased for scrap for less than $100,000 thru intermediaries of ZZZZ Best and resold to essay, ZZZZ Best at the inflated value. The sole purpose was to boost the assets on the balance sheet.

These generators have never been used and have no utility to the company. 2. Note 5 of the balance sheet discusses joint ventures and two restoration contracts. These contracts are fictitious as are the bookkeeping entries to support their validity Interstate Appraisal Service [sic] did not let such contracts although they confirm their existence. The same is true for the alleged $7,000,000 Sacramento contract and the $40—100 million contracts with Interstate. 3. Further, checks made and essay writing, passed between ZZZZ Best, its joint venturers and some of are we universe, its vendors are no more than transactions among conspirators to support the validity of these restoration contracts. 4. Earnings reported by writing rules ZZZZ Best are being reported as Billings In excess of informative essay, costs and estimated earnings on restoration contracts. These contracts do not exist nor do the earnings.

This can be confirmed directly by contacting the alleged insurance carriers as well as physical inspec­tions as to the existence and extent of the contracts. 5. Billings and Earnings for 1985 and 1986 were fabricated by the company before being presented to other accountants for certification. Confirmation of essay writing, these allegations can be accomplished by analysis a careful due diligence. Such due diligence on your behalf is writing imperative for war 1 essay, your protection. Very truly yours, B. Cautious (Signed) COLLAPSE OF ZZZZ BEST.

When the extremely negative and revealing article regarding Minkow appeared in the Los Angeles Times in mid-May 1987, the essay collapse of ZZZZ Best was proba­bly inevitable. Several years earlier, a homemaker had fallen victim to Minkow’s credit card forgeries. Player Essay? Minkow had added a fraudulent charge to the credit card slip the woman had used to essay writing rules, make a payment on the essays analysis her account. Despite her persis­tence, Minkow avoided repaying the small amount. The woman never forgot the insult and writing, industriously tracked down, and francis analysis, kept a record of, the individuals who had been similarly harmed by Minkow. At the urging of this individual, a re­porter for writing, the Los Angeles Times investigated her allegations. The woman’s diary eventually became the runner basis for the Los Angeles Times article that, for essay, the first time, cast doubt on the integrity of the “boy wonder” who was the talk of Wall Street. The newspaper article triggered a chain of buy an informative essay, events that quickly spelled the end of ZZZZ Best. First, a small brokerage firm specializing in newly registered com­panies with suspicious earnings histories began short-selling ZZZZ Best stock, forcing the stock’s price into a tailspin. Writing Rules? Second, Ernst Whinney, ZZZZ Best’s law firm, and ZZZZ Best’s brokers began giving more credence to the allegations and alone in the universe, rumors of financial wrongdoing by Minkow and his associates. Third, and most important, the writing rules article panicked Minkow and war 1 essay weapons, compelled him to writing, make a num­ber of daring moves that cost him even more credibility.

The most critical mistake was his issuance of the world war 1 May 28, 1987, press release that boldly reported record profits and revenues for his firm. Among the parties most criticized for their roles in writing rules the ZZZZ Best scandal was Ernst Whinney. Included in the congressional testimony into war 1 essay, the ZZZZ Best fraud was a list of ten “red flags” that the audit firm had allegedly overlooked while examining ZZZZ Best’s financial statements (see Exhibit 5). In testifying be­fore the essay rules subcommittee, Leroy Gardner, the West Coast director of accounting and auditing for Ernst Whinney, maintained that when all the facts were revealed, his firm would be totally vindicated. The ZZZZ Best situation proves at least one thing: a well-orchestrated fraud will often succeed even against on the runner careful, honest, hard-working people. . . The facts that have begun to emerge establish that Minkow along with confederates both inside and out­side ZZZZ Best went to extraordinary lengths to deceive Ernst Whinney. For exam­ple, Thomas Padgett, an alleged conspirator, revealed in a recent televised interview that Minkow spent $4 million to deceive Ernst Whinney during a visit to one of essay, ZZZZ Best’s job sites. . . . Ernst Whinney never misled investors about the war 1 weapons reliability of ZZZZ Best’s financial statements. Ernst Whinney never even issued an essay writing rules audit opinion for on the, ZZZZ Best. Essay? . We are not part of the problem in this case.

We were part of the solution. In one of the largest civil suits stemming from the ZZZZ Best insolvency, Ernst Whinney was found not liable to a large California bank that had extended ZZZZ Best a multimillion-dollar loan in 1986. The bank alleged that in granting the player loan, it had relied upon the review report issued by Ernst Whinney on ZZZZ Best’s financial statements for the three-month period ending July 31, 1986. However, an appellate judge ruled that the bank was not justified in relying on the review report since Ernst Whinney had expressly stated in the report that it was not issuing an writing opinion on the ZZZZ Best financial statements: “Ernst, be­cause it issued only a review report, specifically declined to express an opinion on ZZZZ Best’s financial statements. World Essay Weapons? The report expressly disclaimed any right to rely on its content.” [5] In the late 1980s, the former stockholders of ZZZZ Best filed a large class action lawsuit against Ernst Whinney, ZZZZ Best’s former law firm, and writing rules, ZZZZ Best’s former brokers. An Internet publication reported in March 1996 that this lawsuit had been settled privately The defendants reportedly paid the former ZZZZ Best stockholders $35 million. However, the contribution of each defendant to the settlement pool was not disclosed. Are We In The Universe? [6] In December 1994, Barry Minkow was released from prison.

Minkow earned the reduction in his twenty-five-year prison sentence for essay writing rules, “good behavior and ef­forts to improve himself.” [7] These efforts included earning by correspondence bachelor’s and master’s degrees in religion from kite runner, Liberty University, the univer­sity founded by Jerry Falwell. Rules? Shortly after his release from prison, Minkow began serving as the associate pastor of a large evangelical church in a commu­nity near his hometown of are we alone in the essay, Reseda. In February 1997, Minkow was appointed the senior pastor of a large nondenominational church in San Diego. Besides his pastoral duties, Minkow presents lectures and seminars across the United States on how to prevent and detect financial fraud. Minkow has spoken to groups of CPAs, educational institutions, and, most notably, the rules FBI Academy at Quantico, Virginia.

Many of the anecdotes included in Minkow’s presentations are drawn from his autobiography Clean Sweep, which was published in 1995 by Thomas Nelson Publishers. Finally in player essay 1996, Minkow began hosting a syndicated radio talk show in which he discusses his personal views on financial and rules, spiri­tual matters. By late 1997, approximately forty radio stations scattered across the nation broadcast Minkow’s talk show. EXHIBIT 5 Ten Red Flags that ZZZZ Best’s Auditors Allegedly Overlooked. 1. The amounts called for by the insurance restoration contracts were unrealistically large. 2. The number of multimillion-dollar insurance restoration contracts reportedly obtained by ZZZZ Best exceeded the team essay total number available nationwide during the relevant time period.

3. The purported contracts failed to essay writing rules, identify the essay insureds, the insurance companies, or the locations of the jobs. 4. The contracts consisted of a single page, which failed to contain details and specifications of the work to be done, such as the square yardage of carpet to be replaced, which were usual and customary in the restoration business. 5. Virtually all of the insurance restoration contracts were with the same party. 6. A large proportion of the ZZZZ Best insurance restoration contracts occurred immediately, and opportunistically, prior to a planned offering of stock. 7. The purported contracts provided for payments to ZZZZ Best or Minkow alone rather than to writing, the insured or jointly with ZZZZ Best and the insured, contrary to the practice of the industry.

8. The purported contracts provided for payments by the insurance adjustor contrary to normal practice in the industry under which payments are customarily made by the insurance com­pany directly to its insured or jointly to its insured and the restorer. 9. ZZZZ Best’s purported gross profit margins for its restoration business were greatly in ex­cess of. he normal profit margins for the restoration industry. 10. The internal controls at ZZZZ Best were grossly inadequate . [1] This and all subsequent quotations, unless indicated otherwise, were taken from the follow­ing source: U.S. World War 1 Essay? Congress, House, Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations of the Committee on Energy and Commerce, Failure of ZZZZ Best Co. (Washington, D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office, 1988). [2] D. Akst, Wonder Boy, Barry Minkow—The Kid Who Swindled Wall Street (New York: Scribner, 1990), 271. [3] Price Waterhouse never issued an audit report on ZZZZ Best’s financial statements because the company was liquidated less than two months after that audit firm was retained.

[4] For a discussion of this issue and related issues, see M.C. Knapp and F.M. Elikai, “Auditor Changes and Information Suppression,” Research in Accounting Regulation 4 (1990), 3—20. [5] “Ernst Young Not Liable in ZZZZ Best Case,” Journal of Accountancy 172 (July 1991), 22. [6] C. Byron, “$26 Million in the Hole,” Worth Online, March 1996.

[7] M. Matzer, “Barry Minkow,” Forbes, 15 August 1994, 134.

Custom Academic Paper Writing Services -

The mega list of careers for writers. Writing. What image comes to mind when you hear the word #8220;writer#8221;? Some people immediately think of a novelist , perhaps locked away in solitude working on his masterpiece like Hemingway or like #8220;Alex Rover#8221; in Nim#8217;s Island. Research Kite Runner. Some people think right away of bloggers coming up with some new angle in their chosen niche each day. Essay Rules. Others might think of an intrepid journalist , writing news or sports or entertainment stories for the masses. Of Sony Study. Still others might picture a biographer , carefully researching and essay writing, then revealing the shocking truths behind famous public figures. The fact is that there is on the, no such career as #8220;writer#8221;.

There are dozens of writing careers, and so many opportunities for someone who loves to play with words and sculpt ideas. Keep in mind that most of these careers can be played out as employees for large corporations, governments and other organizations. Writing Rules. Or they can be done as freelancers from your home office in Tahiti, if you prefer. Most can be done under your own name or as a ghostwriter. Here are just a few interesting careers for writers.

Let#8217;s start with the francis bacon analysis most obvious and rules, the most glamorous. Francis Bacon. Novelists get the most fame and the most glory. Well, some do. There are your Hemingways and essay rules, your Rowlings and your Tolkiens. As famous as some of these writers have become, they are the few who have risen to fame. Most novelists struggle in team, the shadows, writing their stories with a few fans (Hi Mom!) and more often than not they require a day job to essay writing keep the landlord from francis bacon the essays analysis, entering with his backhoe. But many novelists who will never be famous do make money, some as extra income and essay writing, some even make enough to turn it into a full time profession. Are We Alone In The. You don#8217;t write novels for the money. You do it to essay rules appease the characters in your head, so they#8217;ll stop banging on your skull demanding to be set free. You do it for your own sanity. If you make enough money to call it a career, that is just a bonus.

If not, at least you save the cost of therapy. Probably the second-best known writing career, at least for people reading this blog, is that of research papers on the kite runner blogger. Essay. There are thousands of bloggers in the world, many of world war 1 essay them making money. A few of them are also good marketers and have learned how to monetize their blogs; they actually make enough money to quit their day jobs. But most bloggers don#8217;t earn enough to make a career out of writing rules blogging, so if you plan to be a blogger, you had better make it enjoyable. In fact, ghostwriting blogs for small and medium-sized companies might just be the analysis most profitable way to blog for a living. Essay Writing Rules. Journalism is a special skill, or set of skills. It involves research and writing, judgment and detachment. You are writing with a purpose and making sure to appear neutral (In theory, you should actually be neutral, unless you are writing an pestel analysis of sony, opinion piece, but in theory the moon is made of cheese, right?). Journalists take themselves very seriously, and you will not be allowed to free the characters in your head.

So best budget for therapy. A columnist is not quite the same as a journalist. Rules. Typically a columnist has a field of expertise and offers a viewpoint. Like a journalist, a columnist has to do solid research and write based on facts. Unlike a journalist, a columnist is not expected to be balanced and neutral in her reporting. She is kite runner, supposed to writing be opinionated to some degree, and is permitted to team essay occasionally stick out her tongue. A speechwriter has to writing be able to war 1 pick up on the speaker#8217;s voice and writing rules, style, and at team essay the same time visualize the audience and their reactions. Essay. He has to understand cadence and how the words roll off the tongue.

A speechwriter is almost always a ghostwriter, otherwise he would be called a #8220;speaker#8221;. Most politicians, diplomats and business leaders have dedicated specialists on their team to write their speeches. Oftentimes people receiving awards or presenting awards hire a freelance speechwriter. Wedding speeches are sometimes written by professionals. World Essay Weapons. I have written best man speeches, father of the writing rules bride speeches, father of the groom speeches and maid of honor speeches. It very much helps if you have been a speaker yourself.

I spent several years in Toastmasters learning all about what goes into delivering the speech, and that makes me much better a speechwriter, as a result. Also known as a screenplay writer, you get to write scripts for movies, cartoons and bacon the essays, TV shows. Like a speechwriter, you need to be keenly aware of how the words will sound when spoken. Rules. Tougher still than a speechwriter, you have to be able to write in the narration, the action and the sound effects. Like a novelist, you need to know how to spin a story. This is a pretty tough set of pestel analysis case study skills to rules learn, and it certainly helps if you#8217;ve had prior experience working on movie sets. Not many plays are written these days, so there are not many careers available in this field. Pestel Of Sony. However, it easier than being a scriptwriter, as there is much less of the action and the sound effects to script. Plays depend more heavily on dialogue. This is definitely a freelance career, but don#8217;t quit your day job.

Did you notice that there are portions of some video games that include narration or dialogue? Well, they don#8217;t just write themselves. This is another form of essay writing script writing that might interest you. Comic books and graphic novels combine visuals with text in much the same way that films and stage plays do. In this case, you need to be able to coordinate with an illustrator and synchronize your work so that sparse images and sparse words combine to world deliver the story. This really is an art form, and not as easy as it looks.

While it can be done remotely, being able to work together in the same room can be an advantage. Oops, how did that one get there? That#8217;s not really a career. Songs, songs and more songs. Everybody is singing these days, so there is actually a demand for poets, after all. A lyricist is essay rules, a poet who writes for the melodies of popular songs.

It sure helps if you can also write the music, but many songs are co-written between a lyricist and a composer. This is typically a freelance career. Are We Alone. I love writing lyrics, because the characters in my head are usually singing rather than screaming. Yes, that calls for a special type of therapy. This might seem like the easiest field for a writer to break into, and perhaps it is. But after getting your third rejection letter, you will realize that it has to be taken seriously. Writing Rules. There is the essays analysis, a lot of competition for the hearts of consumers in this field, and essay writing rules, just because you write something you think is clever doesn#8217;t mean a greeting card company will buy it. Francis. There is a huge demand for technical writers who can explain complex directions and explanations for users, in words that users can actually understand.

Consider that every computer, every gadget, every measuring device, every software program or application, every industrial machine and every appliance needs a manual. If you have ever tried assembling something as simple as furniture or a child#8217;s toy and realized how confusing the instructions are, that#8217;s a clear indication of how desperately the world needs more and better technical writers. This can be done as an employee or as a freelancer. A copywriter is someone who writes sales material such as advertising, direct marketing letters and emails, pamphlets, packaging (yes, all those words on cereal boxes and dog food bags are written by somebody), newsletters, catalogue descriptions and website copy. It#8217;s not glamorous, but if you do it well, it sure pays the bills. It helps to learn about writing, a few niches, so that you can write with authority on buy an informative essay, those topics. There are copywriting jobs, and this can also be done freelance. Speaking of not glamorous, the essay proofreader works deep in francis, the shadows, although he plays a very important roll. As long as there is writing, there is a need for essay writing rules, proofreading.

If you have a strong attention to universe essay detail (otherwise you#8217;ll just be a #8220;poofreader#8221;), this can be a steady paying job, freelance or as an employee. Essay Writing. When you read The Readers Digest , where do the articles come from? From freelance article writers, for research on the runner, the most part. Rules. The same is true for team, most magazines. They might have some staff writers, but they get a much better variety of articles and can better control the flow of work and personnel by relying on freelancers. There is a huge market for article writers who can write creatively and informatively, at the same time thinking in terms of target audience. You might think this is just a fancy name for #8220;secretary#8221;, but an executive assistant is often called upon to draft letters and essay, proofread them, as well. A particularly skilled executive assistant might even be asked to help with writing articles and speeches for war 1, an executive. Writing. This is very much a jack-of-all-trades position, and if you have attention to detail, can keep organized and don#8217;t mind being at someone else#8217;s service, it could be the career for in the universe essay, you. A virtual assistant is typically a remote freelancer who helps small companies and consultants with some of the more routine tasks.

There is no job description for this position, so if you can write well, you might find yourself writing letters, copy, blog posts, press releases or even proofreading and editing material. There is a lot of offshore competition that drives the pay for essay rules, this career down. English language skills are critical for anyone who wants their virtual assistant to help with writing or proofreading, so if you have those skills, you can command a decent fee. The Essays. If you have any innovative career experiences, I invite you to rules share them in the comments below. In this role, you will be writing for social media, including responding on the fly to social media interactions, as well as scheduling social media broadcasts.

You will also be focused on building an audience, so what you write is bacon analysis, critical not just for engagement with readers, but also for attracting new readers. If you are really fluent in two or more languages, you can make really good money doing translation. Essay. Typically, you would translate from your second or third language to your native tongue. If you were raised bilingually, you might be able to translate in both directions. Many translation jobs require official training, testing and buy an essay, a certificate. There are also many freelance opportunities that do not require any such certification. Media Relations Specialist.

This position combines three key functions. One is strategic, developing strategies to get more or better media coverage. The second is preparing materials for the media, such as press releases with backgrounders and op-ed articles. The third is acting as a spokesperson for the company. Many careers in this field do not require the spokesperson role, but all require a heavy writing role, often with a lot of research involved. Large organizations typically have their own employees to essay do this; smaller companies usually rely on freelancers. If you are desperate for work, you could always help someone cheat themselves out of an education. There is team player essay, a thriving market for essay writers from students who don#8217;t want to or are not capable enough to write their own essays. Just remember when the doctor removes your heart by accident instead of your liver that you helped him #8220;earn#8221; his degree. This is the perfect career for anyone whose head is teaming with evil characters demanding their freedom and threatening to set off TNT in essay writing rules, your brain.

There is a thriving market for people to write grant proposals. Non-profits, charities and NGOs often seek grants form government and player essay, from foundations. Grant proposal writing is a specialized niche. You get to know what the people who review the proposals are looking for so as to maximize the client#8217;s chance of scoring with one single reader (it might be several people reviewing it, but it is one agency that will decide if that proposal fails or succeeds). For that reason it is a hard field to writing rules break into, but it is analysis, a field you can enter remotely as a freelancer. As with grant writing, resume writing is a very specialized field, for writing, a similar reason. After a while, you get to essay see what works in essay writing rules, a resume and what doesn#8217;t, what works in a cover letter and what doesn#8217;t. As with grant writing, the whole goal is to are we alone universe maximize the client#8217;s chance of scoring with a single reader. With people changing jobs more than twice a decade, there are plenty of resumes and cover letters to be written. There are both freelance opportunities and employment opportunities in this field. Business plan writing is in some ways similar to resume writing and grant writing.

You are writing with a very small audience in mind, hoping to score an investment with a single reader. Essay Writing Rules. It might be presented several times, but a lot of work goes into writing the the essays analysis plan, which will never go to a mass audience. Writing Rules. This is typically a freelance career. This is a nice little set of niches for a few people who are very passionate about the papers on the kite runner topics. Essay Writing Rules. Restaurant and food reviews, art exhibit reviews, entertainment reviews (theatre, concert, etc.) can be well-paying and research on the kite runner, a lot of fun, and there are newspapers and magazines that pay well for essay rules, these. Francis The Essays. Breaking into this field is not easy. It can often be done freelance, but some publications have dedicated employees writing reviews.

Similar to a reviewer, a travel writer writes about places she has been and what one could expect to encounter there. Typically, the two skills a travel writer needs are the ability to fill readers with a sense of essay writing rules wonder and not getting sick on airplanes. Oh, and it helps to are we alone universe have really good photography skills. There are plenty of essay writing careers teaching English, journalism, communications and creative writing. Don#8217;t overlook these opportunities if you have the type of research personality that works for teaching. Everybody has a book inside them, but some people need help bringing it out. They turn to writing coaches, especially if they are serious about becoming a professional writer. Rules. If you want to teach, but prefer freelance and one-on-one, this is a great alternative to a professor position at a college or university. Not every writer writes for essay, a living. Professors and writing coaches are not the only ways to put your writing expertise to essay rules use in a non-writing capacity.

Literary agents evaluate manuscripts and then represent the authors in pitching them to publishers. This career is one part making tough choices about which manuscripts to accept and which to on the kite runner reject, and one part pitching those they choose to writing represent. Buy An. Typically, literary agents are freelancers and have some experience with publishing. While the literary agent represents the author, the essay acquisitions editor works for the publisher. Her job is to player find the ideal manuscript. In other words, her job is about making even tougher choices than the literary agent has to make. The editor of a publication runs the publication.

Her biggest job is to essay supervise the writers and graphic artists, make choices about the content and layout and often to manage the business end, as well. Magazines and newspapers have editors, and research, so do many book publishers. There might be several editors with various functions, such as a managing editor who manages a large editorial staff and an assignment editor who determines which reporters will cover which stories each day. The copy editor#8217;s job is to review manuscripts and articles, edit them for grammar and appropriateness, make sure they fit a publication#8217;s style, sometimes check facts and do whatever else is rules, needed to make an article publication-ready. Essay. In some anthology books, the editor is also responsible for supervising the various writers and providing context for the various entries. We started this off with novelists, but fiction is only half the world of books. There is a huge demand for essay rules, how-to and self-help topics, and some people who lack the story structuring skills to buy an essay write fiction find these sorts of books and eBooks to be just as fulfilling (and often more profitable) to write. There are writers who specialize just in writing biographies. A few of them get very rich, writing biographies of famous people, and even richer ghostwriting autobiographies of writing famous people.

This is not an entry level position. On the other hand, some people specialize in writing heritage books, family biographies that are never meant for mass distribution. Research Papers On The Kite. Those usually are entry positions. This is a deceptive career title, since a ghostwriter is somebody who writes the writing rules words for world essay, another person#8217;s credit. If you write fiction for an author or for a publisher as a ghostwriter, you are at the same time a novelist an anonymous novelist. If you write speeches for politicians or businessmen, or for best men and fathers of the bride, you are an anonymous speechwriter. What is the essay rules most important characteristic of a good ghostwriter? Discretion. So if you love to write, your career options are almost boundless.

There are just so many ways to go. Your only buy an informative essay limit is essay writing rules, your imagination. And for a writer, that#8217;s not much of a limit! If you have any innovative career experiences of your own, I invite you to share them in the comments below. David Leonhardt is President of The Happy Guy Marketing, published author, a Distinguished Toastmaster, a former consumer advocate, a social media addict and experienced with media relations and government reports.

So, as a blogger/columnist/editor, I applaud your great explanation of the choices available to universe essay those who consider themselves wordsmiths. Hi David thanks alot for the explaination of the various writing careers. Rules. This has helped me alot in ascertaining the war 1 essay weapons path to take. Thanks for the list. I think I will try some of the options on the list. Writing. Some may not be as lucrative as others, but it will keep the passion for writing burning. A mega list of writers can be! Its a useful guide for those who might be wondering what they can become as writers. One of the most interesting career part I never thought of but listed here is essay, Media Relations Specialist. I may have to checkout in detail what this professional writer does. Essay Writing Rules. Nevertheless, the world war 1 skills displayed in most of these careers for writers are interwoven.

Hence, one may need to properly develop them effectively! I left this comment in kingged.com as well. Great list for writers! I like this list very much. Essay Writing Rules. This doesn’t focus on content marketing but it shares ideas on study, how to make money even without the heavy things to consider in. Being a poet, lyricist and greeting card writer are some of the suggestions you shared that I like the most. There are certain sites that will pay you to create poems and alike. I am passionate with poem making and song writing, I must say. Essay Rules. All in all, great and awesome list! What a great list to peruse. I had completely forgotten about proofreaders which I had actually done before I was married!

This article serves as a gentle reminder that we have MANY choices and thus, there#8217;s no reason to panic. I am currently looking more into social media management and virtual assistance just to pestel of sony case add some variety. Otherwise, typical blogging will always be my home#8230;.along with the occasional ghostwriting :p. Take care, David. The article flows like a symphony. THANK YOU DAVID . Exactly how I wanted it to flow. Awesome! Thanks for the rewrite, its perfect. Oh wow, I am crying.

It is beautiful. I am very very happy with the essay rules outcome! Copyright #x000A9; 2017 · The Happy Guy Marketing. Serving the world from the Ottawa - Cornwall - Brockville Ontario triangle.

High Quality Custom Essay Writing Service -
Custom Essay Writing $9 95/page | …

Ellen Goodman Essays and essay writing rules, Research Papers. was a teenager (“ Ellen DeGeneres”, U*X*L). After the divorce, Degeneres and on the, her mother moved to essay writing Atlanta. Informative Essay? There, DeGeneres found her mother . getting sadder and sadder. So she turned to comedy in trying to cheer her mother up (“ Ellen DeGeneres”, U*X*L). As DeGeneres grew older, she has waited tables, sold vacuum cleaners, worked as a legal secretary, and even painted houses (“ Ellen DeGeneres”, Newsmakers.) DeGeneres wanted to be a veterinarian, but she was “not book smart” (“ Ellen DeGeneres”, U*X*L). Conan O'Brien , Ellen DeGeneres , Johnny Carson 1066 Words | 3 Pages. admire is Ellen DeGeneres.

I admire her for many reasons. One of them is the essay writing, positive effect that she has on many peoples lives. People write . to her all the time telling Ellen that her show is what gets them through a difficult day. She's always helping people that could use it too. Her show is world war 1 essay, always helping families out by giving them money, cars and paying tuition’s.

Most of rules, all the admire the positive outlook on life that she has about life, and how she remains true to herself. Essay? Ellen has received. Academy Award , Coming out , Ellen 815 Words | 2 Pages. Ellen DeGeneres is an Emmy Award winning talk show host and an outstanding comedian. Some of you may know her as the voice of essay, Dory on Finding . Nemo, or even as a judge on war 1 weapons American Idol. Whatever you know her from, you probably know that Ellen isn’t afraid to essay writing be unique. Ellen talks about being true to yourself. Buy An Informative Essay? She says, “Find out who you are and be that person. Essay Rules? That’s what your soul was put on this Earth to world essay be. Find that truth, live that truth and everything else will come.” I chose Ellen for.

Academy Award , American Idol , Ellen DeGeneres 1249 Words | 3 Pages. Conner Longmire Contemporary Authors, Period 8 7 December 2011 The Ignorance to Suffering The story of Ellen Foster is rules, a beautifully . written novel that shows the true long-term affect of how abuse affects the child emotionally, spiritually and psychologically. The book Ellen Foster written by Kaye Gibbons is about a ten year old girl named Ellen Foster in how she deals with abuse from her intimidate family however, Grandmother, Aunts and cousin. At the same time, she battles with racial discrimination. Abuse , Bullying , Child abuse 1046 Words | 3 Pages. attention and care. However, Ellen , the main character and weapons, protagonist of the writing rules, novel Ellen Foster, exemplifies a substantial . amount of independence and mature, rational thought as a ten-year-old girl. The recent death of her mother sends her on a quest for player essay, the ideal family, or anywhere her father, who had shown apathy to both she and her fragile mother, was not.

Kaye Gibbons' use of simple diction, unmarked dialogue, and a unique story structure in essay, her first novel, Ellen Foster, allows the reader to. Character , Ellen Foster , Fiction 769 Words | 4 Pages. “Young Goodman Brown” is a short story written by buy an essay, Nathaniel Hawthorne in 1835. The story relates to how people judge those around them. In . this story, a character called Goodman Brown realizes that his fellow villagers worship the devil during ceremonies in the woods outside the village.

Goodman Brown was under the false impression that he was pious and essay, good, as was the rest of his village. There are two different ways to buy an essay interpret this story. One could interpret that Hawthorne believes the. Allegory , Goodman , Mosses from an Old Manse 908 Words | 3 Pages. innocence is lost to writing sin, there is no way to papers kite recover it. Writing? Nathaniel Hawthorne?s character, Young Goodman Brown, is one such example. After . making a journey down the dark path of evil, Goodman Brown?s innocence and beliefs are lost forever.

Throughout the buy an informative essay, short story ?Young Goodman Brown,? Hawthorne uses imagery and symbolism to amplify the theme of innocence lost. From the beginning of the story, Goodman Brown?s wife, Faith, is used as a symbol of religion, or his own Christian faith. He sees her as. Devil , Goodman , Hell 1019 Words | 3 Pages.

Young Goodman Brown: the Downfall of Young Goodman Brown. Young Goodman Brown: The Downfall of Young Goodman Brown Young Goodman Brown, by Nathaniel Hawthorne, is a . Essay Writing Rules? story that is thick with allegory. Young Goodman Brown is a moral story which is told through the perversion of a religious leader. In Young Goodman Brown, Goodman Brown is a Puritan minister who lets his excessive pride in himself interfere with his relations with the pestel of sony study, community after he meets with the devil, and causes him to live the life of an exile in essay rules, his own community. . Adam and bacon the essays analysis, Eve , Allegory , God 2465 Words | 6 Pages. Benny Goodman Benjamin David Goodman was born on May 30th, 1909, in Chicago, Illinois. He was the ninth of twelve children . born from the poor Jewish couple David Goodman and Dora Grisinsky. Benny formally studied music at the famed Hull House, and by the age of essay writing rules, 10 was a skilled clarinetist. At the age of 13, Benny's father enrolled him and two of papers on the kite runner, his older brothers in music lessons at the Kehelah Jacob Synagogue. His early influences were New Orleans jazz clarinetists working in Chicago, notably.

Ben Pollack , Benny Goodman , Big band 830 Words | 3 Pages. Analysis of Fiction: “Young Goodman Brown” By: Nathaniel Hawthorne The short story “Young Goodman . Brown,” follows the writing rules, dream of a Puritan man in Salem. In the dream, Goodman Brown comes face to face with the devil who shows him the real evil in man. Throughout the story, Goodman Brown is put to buy an the test in essay rules, his own faith and must try to overcome evil. The author, Nathaniel Hawthorne uses actions, objects and people from the story as a meaning that lies outside the story itself. Allegory , God , Goodman 1048 Words | 3 Pages. Symbolism in Young Goodman Brown.

Nathaniel Hawthorne utilizes symbolism throughout his short story Young Goodman Brown to francis the essays analysis . impact and clarify the theme of good people sometimes do bad things. Hawthorne uses a variety of light and dark imagery, names, and people to illustrate irony and different translations. Young Goodman Brown is a story about a man who comes to writing rules terms with the alone, reality that people are imperfect and flawed and then dies a bitter death from the enlightenment of his journey through. Allegory , Debut albums , Goodman 1266 Words | 4 Pages. No one escapes Nathanial Hawthorne had a way of intertwining imagery and symbolism into one. He could put the two together to create an ominous mood . throughout his story “Young Goodman Brown”. Essay? The focus on the use of symbolism and imagery helps imply the theme, that no one can escape sin, in alone universe, the story. Hawthorne uses this theme to denounce puritan attitudes and hypocrisy. The imagery gives off a sense of no hope for any kind of happy ending.

A melancholy and writing, sinister feel throughout the. Allegory , Goodman , Mosses from an Old Manse 1042 Words | 3 Pages. Cardiff ENG 231 2/17/11 From Goodman to alone in the universe bad man Christianity has had a major impact on Western civilization. Rules? The strong presence of the . Christian church in Europe for several centuries shaped societies ideology way back then and buy an, even shape ours today. The church affected society socially and politically as much as it did spiritually. People’s imaginations and essay, fantasy’s were not separate from this Christian way of thinking. In Nathaniel Hawthorne’s story Young Goodman Brown (Hawthorne) you see an. Allegory , Christianity , Devil 1733 Words | 4 Pages. Young Goodman Brown and the Lottery. Timothy Hurd ENGL 102-D18 April 8, 2013 Young Goodman Brown, The Lottery and the Evil of Mankind It is war 1 essay, said that beauty is only skin . deep.

On the surface, mankind in general appears to essay writing evoke a beautiful sense of weapons, nobility, a concern for doing what is right and essay writing, treating your fellow man with respect and research on the runner, honor. This is the aspiration and the stated goal of humanity, however like a disease that starts in the roots of an ancient, noble tree, humanity is cursed with a sickness. The giant tree. Allegory , Bjorn Granath , Goodman 939 Words | 3 Pages. ? Analysis Of Young Goodman Brown Summary A man named Goodman Brown says goodbye to writing rules his wife named Faith outside their house . Francis The Essays Analysis? one night. Writing Rules? Faith is wearing a pink bow on her head. She asks him to stay because she is kite runner, scared to stay by herself. Goodman Brown tells her he must go, but he will return the next morning. Essay Writing Rules? He tells her to go to bed early and to say her prayers so nothing bad will happen to her.

Goodman Brown starts walking through a creepy forest, and is scared someone is behind every. God , Goodman , Nathaniel Hawthorne 1472 Words | 4 Pages. Biography- Ellen DeGeneres Birth: “For me it’s that I contributed… That I’m on this planet doing some good and making people happy. . That to me is the most important thing, that my hour of television is positive and upbeat and an antidote for francis the essays analysis, all negative stuff in life.” This was written by Ellen Lee DeGeneres who was born on January 26, 1958 in Metairie, Louisiana, a suburb of New Orleans. She was born to Elliot and Betty DeGeneres, and has an older brother, Vance DeGeneres. Essay Rules? Her father was.

Academy Award , Comedy , Daytime Emmy Award 909 Words | 3 Pages. The Downfall Of Young Goodman Brown Nathaniel Hawthorne was a descendant of Puritan immigrants who dedicated his life to writing. It was . through his short story Young Goodman Brown that Hawthorne uses it to explain Young Goodman Brown's excessive pride. This excessive pride interferes with the relationship of his wife Faith and the community, which ultimately causes Young Goodman Brown's downfall. Young Goodman Brown sets up his journey that his wife asks him to pestel analysis of sony case study pr'y thee, put off your. Allegory , God , Goodman 1826 Words | 5 Pages. studies in short stories “Young Goodman Brown” In the story “Young Goodman Brown” Hawthorne shows the essay writing rules, reader . that the puritans seem as if they live life, good and holy.

But behind the appearance there is deception for this people of the church are the worshipers of the devil himself. Player Essay? While young Goodman is traveling he see’s Goody Cloyse and thought to turn another direction, so she wouldn’t see him. In “Young Goodman Brown,” Goodman says, “But with your leave, friend. Devil , God , Goodman 858 Words | 3 Pages. The Hero’s Journey of Young Goodman Brown Young Goodman Brown undergoes the hero’s journey in the story written by Nathaniel . Hawthorne. The hero’s journey is rules, a common guideline of events that many writers use in stories to show the physical, mental, and/or emotional transformation the main character or protagonist undergoes throughout the story. It starts with a call to francis adventure and essay writing rules, a supernatural aid.

It is then followed by a road of trials and a symbolic death. In the end, the pestel analysis of sony case, character has. Allegory , God , Good and writing rules, evil 1889 Words | 5 Pages. Evil in Nathaniel Hawthorne’s “Young Goodman Brown” Nathaniel Hawthorne’s “Young Goodman Brown” is a story of a religious man’s . journey through a forest and the inner conflict he faces when encountering a traveler who claims to be the Devil. Brown is an francis analysis honest, hardworking, religious everyman that Hawthorne uses to symbolize humanity while the traveller character who appears to be the writing, Devil represents the research papers, inheritable evil that lies within mankind. “Young Goodman Brown” is the story of Brown’s internal. Allegory , Goodman , Mosses from an essay Old Manse 1251 Words | 3 Pages. The Influence of Society on the Young Goodman Brown. Nathaniel Hawthorne's Young Goodman Brown illustrates vividly how society and culture can very much influence a person's sense of identity and team player, . belonging, or in the case of Young Goodman Brown the lack thereof. Being a Puritan man in a society that scorned the ways of witches and the devil, Young Goodman Brown grew up with a very pious outlook on life. Essay Writing Rules? Yet when it occurs to him to look at are we in the life a little bit differently, Young Goodman Brown receives more than he has bargained for.

The journey he embarks. Allegory , Goodman , Mosses from an Old Manse 1551 Words | 4 Pages. Center. Web. Essay? 28 Feb. 2013. Source Citation (MLA 7th Edition) Humma, John B. 'Young Goodman Brown' and the Failure of Hawthorne's . Ambiguity. Colby Library Quarterly 9.8 (Dec. 1971): 425-431.

Rpt. in Short Story Criticism. Pestel? Ed. Writing? Anna J. The Essays Analysis? Sheets. Essay Writing Rules? Vol. 29. Are We Alone Universe? Detroit: Gale Research, 1998. Essay? Literature Resource Center. Web. 28 Feb. 2013. Review of Selected Criticism of Young Goodman Brown This chapter looks at Young Goodman Brown from the perspective of the in the universe, female characters.

Baym notes that the protagonists. Allegory , Goodman , Mosses from an writing rules Old Manse 1722 Words | 5 Pages. Young Goodman Brown Essay(Symbolism) IBEnglish III 13 September 2011 “Young Goodman Brown” Analysis One of the papers on the kite runner, factors that shaped the New World was religion; it was . a pillar in the fledgling society and essay writing, a reason for migration for so many Europeans. Puritanism was a major belief system that held strongly throughout the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. Nathaniel Hawthorne, a nineteenth century American novelist and francis, short story writer, composed the story of “Young Goodman Brown” which takes place in essay rules, Salem. All. Allegory , God , Goodman 1530 Words | 4 Pages.

In Nathaniel Hawthorne's Young Goodman Brown, Hawthorne introduces Goodman Brown, who doubts himself and reiterates his false . comfidence to himself repeatedly. His struggle between the essay, evil temptations, the devil, and the proper church abiding life, is a struggle he does not think he can handle. This story is about a man who challenges his faith in himself and in the community in which he resides. Goodman Brown must venture on a journey into the local forest, refuse the temptations of the devil. Allegory , God , Goodman 1101 Words | 3 Pages. Book Analysis: Young Goodman Brown. Nathaniel Hawthorne “YOUNG GOODMAN BROWN” (1835) Plot Summary At Salem village in one evening, young Goodman Brown left his . wife, Faith, to do some quest in the forest alone. During his way, he found an rules old man who accompanied Brown, persuading him to change his belief. Alone Universe Essay? He hesitated. Soon after, when they walked past the good people together with Faith, the old man tricked him accusing them as sinners.

Eventually, he lost his belief. Writing? After he went back to buy an informative the village, his attitude towards. Climax , Cosmo Kramer , Goodman 664 Words | 3 Pages. Kevin McNeal English 1302 Dr. Wesson-Martin February 22, 2012 Dancing with the Devil “Young Goodman Brown” is a short story written by . Nathaniel Hawthorne about essay, a young man who has to endure the experience of temptations of evil and dance with the war 1 essay weapons, devil. Goodman Brown is a young adult who has influences all around him swaying him towards evil that he felt were reliable role models. Hawthorne uses literary devices to essay display many different meanings in this story. In the story, the most common.

Allegory , God , Goodman 1539 Words | 4 Pages. In this extract from “Young Goodman Brown”, Nathaniel Hawthorne uses symbolism, imagery and point of view to depict Goodman . Brown’s eventual journey from naivety in man’s purity of faith to recognition of man’s disposition to evil. It reveals Brown’s misplaced faith in man, who is deficient, instead of God. In The Universe Essay? In the dialogue that ensues between the minister and Deacon Gookin, we learn of an impending meeting expecting participants hailing from “Falmouth and beyond. Indian powows” (Hawthorne. Allegory , God , Goodman 1150 Words | 3 Pages. What is an allegory? In addition, in what way is Nathaniel Hawthorne's Young Goodman Brown a moral allegory? What is an allegory? . Throughout my research I have found many different explanations for what an allegory actually is, but what it all boils down to is an allegory is when someone uses a very deep and complex metaphor to say what they mean. Essay Rules? The definition of an allegory is a literary device in which characters or events are used to represent or symbolize ideas and concepts.

An. Allegory , English-language films , God 1761 Words | 5 Pages. Young Goodman Brown vs. the Lottery. Armando Castilleja Jr. K. Chrismon Intro to Lit March 28, 2013 Young Goodman Brown Vs. The Lottery Bizarre events can happen to anyone . at any given time, to papers kite runner say that there has never been a time of writing rules, our lives where something just wasn’t right or even inexplicable can be an buy an essay understatement. Examine Nathaniel Hawthorne’s “Young Goodman Brown” for example, a story about a man named Goodman Brown sets off into a the wilderness to meet with a person whom he has never met before in his life, meeting. Allegory , Goodman , Mosses from an Old Manse 989 Words | 3 Pages.

?Megan Miller English 102 Dr. Essay Writing Rules? Brewer Research Paper/Final Draft March 2, 2014 Symbolism and Religion in “Young Goodman Brown” . Research Papers On The? Hawthorne starts our setting off by placing Goodman Brown leaving for a journey, even when Faith begs him to stay. Writing Rules? You can distinguish the irony is the story from the beginning, a newly wed that isn’t able to keep her husband by her side when that is when two people are usually wrapped up in each other. Francis Bacon The Essays Analysis? In this story Maher says, “This story overflows with symbolism. Allegory , Devil , God 1647 Words | 7 Pages. Young Goodman Brown 1. The two main settings in writing, “Young Goodman Brown” are the forest and the colonial village of Salem, . Massachusetts. The two different times of the war 1 weapons, setting are very important to the symbolization of the story. Essay Writing? In the beginning of the story, Goodman Brown sets out on his journey at sunset; to set out at are we universe sunset it symbolized darkness, which in turn symbolizes evil.

This presets the tone of the story. In the end when he is returning home, the time changes and it is daylight, and. Belief , Faith , God 1121 Words | 3 Pages. Theme of “Young Goodman Brown” “Young Goodman Brown” was written by Nathaniel Hawthorn, one of the most talented American . Essay Writing Rules? novelists and storytellers of the Romantic Age. He was affected deeply by Puritanism and Mysticism so that he formed a suspicious attitude towards the world, just like in “Young Goodman Brown”.

This story is really short but the content of the story is meaningful. Hawthorn has an allegory technique in universe, fiction writing and shows a strong tendency toward symbolism. He uses the profound. Allegory , Good and evil , Goodman 1212 Words | 3 Pages. Allegory of “Young Goodman Brown” The story, “Young Goodman Brown” by Nathaniel Hawthorne has a lot of essay rules, allegories.

It is a . Are We Alone In The Universe Essay? moral story that is told through the corruption of a religious person. Goodman Brown is a Puritan minister who lets his pride and belief in writing, himself interfere with his relations with the community after he meets with the devil, which causes him to team essay live the life of not knowing who to trust or believe in essay writing, his own community. In the beginning when Faith, Brown's wife, asks him not. Allegory , God , Goodman 1256 Words | 4 Pages. ?Kevin Chang Period 3 10/29/13 Young Goodman Brown 1. Team Player Essay? I think Brown experienced a real meeting with devil worshippers in the forest. . However it seems that as the story progressed it was more likely to be a dream instead of a real experience. Essay Writing? I reconsidered the meeting with actual devil worshippers because Goodman wasn’t sure if it was a dream, he even thought that it was a bad omen, and also if it had been real then there would’ve been more meetings throughout his life. Research Papers Runner? 2. Evidence pointing. Corruption , Devil , Goodman 1797 Words | 4 Pages. Faith or Face?

Young Goodman Brown is short story about a young Puritan man who sets out on a journey through the forest to witness a witch . ceremony, leaving his wife, Faith. He must resist the devil's temptation and return to her at sunrise, as promised. On his journey Brown experiences events that alter his way of thinking forever. This story is centered around the writing rules, concept of Faith. Faith is used to show the extent to which religion can become the driving force in one's life. Faith is defined.

Allegory , Devil , God 1010 Words | 3 Pages. suspense and tension young goodman brown. or a significant event, with tension being the pestel, principal emotion felt as part of the situation. Therefore, this paper shall seek to explain the effects of . suspense and tension in The Monkey’s Paw by Jacob, The Queen of essay writing rules, Spades by Pushkin, and Young Goodman Brown by Hawthorne. There are several techniques that have been used to create suspense and tension in the story, The Monkey’s Paw. Buy An Informative Essay? From the onset of the writing, story, the language used not only francis analysis set the story scene, but it also conveys the essay writing, mood of the. Alexander Pushkin , Allegory , Goodman 1450 Words | 5 Pages. Nathaniel Hawthorne's Young Goodman Brown Research Paper. Dec 7th, 2011 Nathaniel Hawthorne’s Young Goodman Brown Show me who you are and I will show you who I am, Christian belief, family, trust, . and good versus evil are author Nathaniel Hawthorne’s muse in his novels.

Hawthorne’s writings capture the audience by keeping them entangled in world war 1, the atmospheres he paints for essay writing rules, his readers. Analysis Of Sony Case Study? He also captures the reader with the message underling in each novel. His novels play on the reader’s morals by putting a religious box around his readers. Readers are able. Allegory , Family , Good and evil 1670 Words | 4 Pages. Man In Black Suit And Goodman Brown. away her tears. Essay Writing? To me it symbolizes emotion and buy an essay, comfort for the one who was in need. Essay Rules? Questions for francis analysis, “Young Goodman Brown” 1. Look for the . presence of surrealism in the story. What is the effect of the surrealism on the overall interpretation?

To me, the presence of surrealism in this short story might be the secret meetings, the frightening sounds he hears from the essay, woods, also Goodman honestly thinks he met the Devil. I think the effect of the surrealialism overall makes it a little bit confusing. Devil , Difference , God 1001 Words | 3 Pages. Journal Questions – Hawthorne “Young Goodman Brown” and “My Kinsman, Major Molineux” are stories of young men on journeys that are both . real and allegorical. I have found that studying the two together can be helpful in gaining a better understanding of Hawthorne.

To lighten your writing load, I am only requiring that you answer ONE set of questions; however, I want you to conclude your writing assignment with a paragraph that compares/contrasts the alone universe essay, two stories. Your directions are to. Allegory , Goodman , Mosses from an Old Manse 1169 Words | 4 Pages. New Criticism of Young Goodman Brown. Oct.

17, 2012 Imagery and Irony in “Young Goodman Brown” Nathaniel Hawthorn uses irony in the story of . Essay? “Young Goodman Brown” to portray the fact that although people may appear good on the outside, they all have some sort of evil inside of them. Hawthorne also uses descriptive imagery to discuss this evil in research papers runner, the characters and in the forest. Hawthorne uses his imagery to portray Goodman Brown’s dark venture into essay, this evil, with vivid descriptions of the forest. Allegory , God , Goodman 965 Words | 3 Pages. Ypung Goodman Brown Character Analysis.

Young Goodman Brown Young Goodman Brown is a newlywed at the . beginning of this story. Not only is he a newly wed to his wife Faith, but he also has newly found spiritual Faith. This couple is seemingly devoted to each other. As revealed by the pink ribbons on her cap Faith is pure and innocent just like Young Goodman Browns spiritual Faith. Young Goodman brown is as his name describes a young and francis bacon the essays analysis, good man, but when tempted by. 2002 albums , God , Good and evil 1184 Words | 3 Pages.

Young Goodman Brown: Nathaniel Hawthorne. Young Goodman Brown, was written in essay, year of 1835 by Nathaniel Hawthorne, who is identified for team player essay, being one of literature's most fascinating . interpreters of seventeenth-century Puritan culture. Essay Rules? A literary device is a method that creates a definite influence in writing. Are We Alone In The? Literary devices are found all throughout Young Goodman Brown, such as theme, motif, and symbol. There are many different themes shown throughout the story of writing, Young Goodman Brown. From the team player, moment he enters the enigmatic forest.

Allegory , God , Goodman 1167 Words | 3 Pages. Eventually everyone experiences certain events in their lives that change their whole perspective on life. We all become aware of evil on earth. This . Writing? knowledge can either bring us down or we can brush it off and go on with our lives. In #8220;Young Goodman Brown#8221; a young man is confronted with life altering events that change his perspective of the essay, world and the people of Salem village. Writing? These events, and the knowledge gained from kite runner, them, create a miserable life for Brown. Hawthorne uses supernatural. Allegory , Core issues in ethics , Debut albums 1267 Words | 3 Pages. Veil vs. Goodman I In Nathaniel Hawthorne’s short stories Young Goodman Brown and The Minister’s Black Veil there are many . thematic connections between both protagonists and antagonists.

Some of the protagonistic similarities in these tales embrace that both of the characters become complacent about the community that they have come to know and rules, love. In the case of The Minister’s Black Veil Parson Hooper undergoes a transformation as an energetic preacher, revered by all, to a social pariah when. Allegory , Evil , Goodman 699 Words | 1 Pages. Young Goodman Brown Critical Essay. ? The short story “Young Goodman Brown”, by the author Nathaniel Hawthorne demonstrates the evolution of the protagonist Goodman . World War 1? Brown. Throughout the journey of essay, Goodman Brown he suffers and evidently changes his psyche. Buy An Essay? It is therefore that the story of essay writing rules, “Young Goodman Brown” may be criticized in a psychological approach, specifically Freudian criticism. The narrative displays a change in Goodman Brown’s faith, a struggle with his inner demon and his final rejection of social authority. His inner.

Allegory , Fear , God 821 Words | 3 Pages. Young Goodman Brown Thematic Essay. Young Goodman Brown Thematic Essay Throughout ones journey in life, our individual perceptions of faith in analysis, God, in mankind, and in ourselves, . Essay Writing Rules? guide us along our path. Player? In life our faith is what keeps us going. Essay Writing? A person's faith is not necessarily their religion, but can also be what they believe in or morals. Often times in team essay, life, events or people cause a person to lose faith in essay writing, what they are doing or even in themselves. For example, a player on a football team goes into a game with their mind set.

Devil , Faith , God 876 Words | 3 Pages. Young Goodman Brown 1. Buy An Informative? What is the point of view? The point of view is the third person limited ominescient because the viewpoint is . focused on essay the thoughts and study, actions of writing rules, a single character. Where does it change and what is the result? The point of case study, view changes when 2. Essay Writing? What allegorical meanings might be given to the following: Goodman Brown? His wife Faith, The forest? Night, Brown’s Journey 3. What is Brown’s motive for going into the forest and what results does he expect. Allegory , Brothers Grimm , Fairy tale 632 Words | 3 Pages.

Comparing and Contrasting Young Goodman Brown and the Lottery. Comparing and Contrasting “Young Goodman Brown” and buy an informative essay, “The Lottery” By: Wayne Gillard II Professor C. Rules? Givens ENGL 102-B19 . Buy An Informative? Wayne Gillard Prof. Givens ENGL 102-B19 Essay 1 Outline Thesis: The literary works of “The Lottery” and “Young Goodman Brown” both appear to show the essay writing, fallibleness of human behavior and judgment. I. Buy An Essay? Introduction/Statement of Thesis II. Themes and essay writing, Author’s Purpose a. The Lottery i. The hazards of following tradition or living according to. Goodman , Mosses from an Old Manse , Nathaniel Hawthorne 941 Words | 3 Pages. On Hawthorne’s “Young Goodman Brown” In this essay, I will examine Hawthorne’s use of tone, allegory and buy an informative essay, biblical allusions and . discuss how it serves to highlight that even the most upright person can be corrupted by evil.

In “Young Goodman Brown”, Hawthorne’s tone is confused as he is writing rules, trying to figure out what and who exactly he is seeing and hearing at a gathering that is thought to be evil. “ “Of the two, reverend Sir,” said the voice like the deacon’s,”. In this phrase, the. Allegory , God , Good and evil 922 Words | 3 Pages. The Hollow of the Three Hills” and “Young Goodman Brown” “ The Hollow of the Three Hills” and are we alone universe, “Young Goodman Brown” “The Hollow of the Three Hills” and “Young Goodman Brown” . are story of essay, dishonor deceit, and death. The two stories contain symbolism and relate in many ways. In “The Hollow of the Three Hills” The author, Nathaniel Hawthorn portrays the main character as a beautiful woman with a shameful past. She tries to run from are we in the essay, her problems but comes to find out essay writing rules no matter how big or small a problem, trying to run from it will only make. Allegory , Character , Goodman 924 Words | 3 Pages.

Internal Conflict of are we universe, Goodman Brown. Internal Conflict of Goodman Brown The story of Young Goodman Brown exemplifies the struggle of one man's internal conflict . of good and evil. Essay? The main character, Goodman Brown, leaves Salem village and his wife, Faith, to travel into the depths of the dark forest. The Young Goodman Brown will be aged with the knowledge he faces in weapons, this one night. Brown keeps his appointment with the devil in the forest, and he must choose to go back to his faith, or explore the evils that the writing, devil has. Evil , God , Good and evil 1982 Words | 5 Pages.

Young Goodman Brown: Attack on essay Puritanism. It is surprising, in essay writing, a way, to discover how few of the many critics who have discussed Young Goodman Brown'' agree on pestel case any aspect of the work . except that it is an excellent short story. Writing? D. M. War 1 Essay Weapons? McKeithan says that its theme is essay writing rules, sin and its blighting effects. Richard H. Fogle observes, Hawthorne the artist refuses to limit himself to a single and doctrinaire conclusion, proceeding instead by indirection,'' implying, presumably, that it is inartistic to say something which can be clearly understood. Allegory , God , Goodman 1943 Words | 5 Pages.

Use of world essay, Imagery in Young Goodman Brown. Use of Imagery in writing, Young Goodman Brown Young Goodman Brown is the story of an on the kite runner innocent young man who realizes the imperfections . and writing, flaws of the world and its people, including himself. This knowledge is very painful and shocking to Young Goodman Brown. The imagery used in Young Goodman Brown amplifies the theme of the loss of innocence. Images of the sunset, Faith’s ribbons and of a journey and several others appear throughout the story to amplify the theme of Young Goodman Brown. Buy An Essay? In the writing, beginning. Allegory , Fiction , Goodman 917 Words | 3 Pages.

Rip van Winkle and francis bacon the essays, Young Goodman Brown. ?Adam Stansell Intro to essay writing rules Fiction Dr. Archer Rip Van Winkle and Young Goodman Brown: A story of runaway husbands and there similarities and . differences. Analysis Study? These two stories by Washington Irving and Nathaniel Hawthorne respectively, illustrate different examples of men wandering away from home, for somewhat different reasons, with somewhat the same results with the writing rules, exception of the overall outcome upon pestel of sony case the men. Careful analysis of the two stories can reveal both the similarities and the differences. Difference , Goodman , Mosses from an Old Manse 846 Words | 3 Pages. Interpretations of Nathaniel Hawthorne's Young Goodman Brown. Kay Wise American Lit Dr. Writing? Smith 11/19/10 Young Goodman Brown Young Goodman Brown is a story written by Nathaniel . Hawthorne with many interpretations. It is a story of francis the essays, Young Goodman Brown’s adventure that many believe was a journey away from home.

Some people believe that he was trying to get at essay writing rules the community and everyday social life. One way to interpret it is essay, that Young Goodman Brown was simply taking a journey in his sleep - a dream. Writing Rules? When reading this story, there are many ways to. A Story , Allegory , Goodman 966 Words | 3 Pages. Literary Analysis of Young Goodman Brown. ? Literary Analysis of on the kite, Young Goodman Brown Shamekia Henson South University Literary Analysis of Young . Goodman Brown The characters: Goodman Brown, a round and dynamic character, is the main character in this short story. He is essay, dynamic due to the fact that he undergoes a realization of what is happening and has been happening in the world around him. Faith, the wife of Brown, is defined be a flat and static character. She serves as a point of reference for her husband and.

Fiction , Goodman , Literature 1143 Words | 6 Pages. Young Goodman Brown Shadow and Illuminations of Evil. English Comp. 2 “Young Goodman Brown” Shadows and Illuminations of Evil “Young . Goodman Brown” by Nathaniel Hawthorne is a story filled with mystery and research papers runner, symbolical meaning. Essay Writing Rules? Shadows and Illuminations create the dramatic downfall of the main character leading him into a 360 degree transition from research on the, a normal and happy life to a bitter and essay rules, angered one. Young Goodman Brown experiences the illuminations brought into existence by dark shadows in. Devil , Goodman , Lucifer 2164 Words | 6 Pages. Hawthorne's use of the narrator in Young Goodman Brown.

In Nathaniel Hawthorne's Young Goodman Brown, the story is research on the runner, told through the eyes of a limited omniscient third-person narrator. This style is . very accommodating to writing the story because it allows the essay, author perfect opportunities to essay rules express his points. The narrator can both describe what Goodman Brown is pestel case, doing, and also evaluate and essay writing, comment on the characters actions. This is a tool of the author to use the narrator to express his own personal beliefs on mankind. The narrator possesses the capability. Allegory , Goodman , Mosses from an are we in the universe essay Old Manse 767 Words | 3 Pages.

Character Comparison of “Young Goodman Brown” and the “Lottery” Character Comparison of “Young Goodman Brown” and the “Lottery” . Mathew Speakman English 102 Professor Katie . Robinson July 15, 2012 Thesis Statement: In Nathaniel Hawthorne's “Young Goodman Brown” and Shirley Jackson's “The Lottery”, we are given a picture of seemingly normal people who are capable of incredible evil. Essay Writing? Outline: Opening mood in both stories a. Goodman Brown's sets out on a walk in the forest, but knows that evil awaits him. b. The. Allegory , Goodman , Mosses from an Old Manse 973 Words | 4 Pages. Setting and It's Effect on world essay weapons Understanding Young Goodman Brown. Matt Fondriest Fiction Paper 2-10-05 Setting and its Effect on Understanding Young Goodman Brown Every tale ever told shares similar . Writing Rules? formal elements. All of these formal elements have equally important consequence on a story. The setting of a story has direct correlations to the way that the reader consumes the meaning of the story. The setting in Young Goodman Brown allows its author, Nathaniel Hawthorne, to leave the ending ambiguous, without closure.

The reader is constantly expected to decide.

Write My Paper -

Essay: CSR in the Hospitality – Hotel Industry: How green marketing contributed to recover from the recession. Analysis of the Hospitality Industry. The hospitality industry is a multibillion-dollar industry serving millions of people worldwide, and it is expected to grow more in the future with an estimation of additional 1,000 million travelers and tourist by the year 2020. Currently there are around 21million hotel rooms globally serving 876million travelers per writing rules, year (data for 2011-12). Hotel operations vary in papers size, cost, and function, serving travelers with different budgets and purposes. From an economic perspective, looking at the hotel industry, we identified that the level of competition among different hotel brands is high, key competitors, to essay, name a few, are: InterContinental Hotel Group, Hilton, Accor, Marriot, Wyndham, and francis bacon, Starwood. So in order to achieve an economical advantage over their competitors, the hotel has to writing, be able to provide superior services with relatively lower price. Buy An? The level of new entrants is essay writing rules, medium high, this is because hotel industry has been divided into numerous small segments serving travelers with different budgets and francis, purposes, with the rising concerns of pricing and environmental issues, more and more new types of hotels have been set up (e.g. capsule hotels in Japan) to meet the demand of essay writing rules, energy saving, eco-friendly, and price sensitive.

But to the big players in the hotel business, the kite new comers does not pose a high treats. Concerning the bargaining power of suppliers and buyers, the essay writing rules hotel industry is facing a relatively high level, due to the fact that more and more suppliers and buyers are starting to look into not only the level of are we in the universe, services of the hotel, or the level of luxury vs. price, but also the sustainability of the hotel, the brand image of the hotel owners and essay, their initiatives towards environmental and social issues. Here in the United States alone, in 2012, with 51,214 properties, 5 million guestrooms, the hotel industry generated $155billion in sales and $39billion in pretax income. Pestel Case? It is a 14.1% growth comparing to 2011’s data. This indicates that the hotel business is still growing with an alarming speed, and it is getting increasingly important for the hotel brands to writing rules, respond to CSR challenges, and to pay more attention to sustainability issues. Hotel owners are faced with the challenge of better responding to the environmental issues, social issues, and economic issues while satisfying demand of the general stakeholders, remaining attractive to investors, and papers kite, making a profit. As costs of energy consumptions rise and demand becomes sensitive to environmental and social performance, CSR challenges and sustainability has become a critical issue faced by hotel owners today. Among the major hotel groups and players in the hotel industry that have taken initiatives and writing rules, steps towards sustainable growth and environmentally and socially responsible, the following players are worth mentioning: InterContinental Hotels Group, Accor, Marriot, Hilton, Starwood, and Wyndham. World? In addition to overcome the challenges of incorporating social and environmental responsibilities into their business operations, they also take a step further to pushing the social and environmental awareness of essay writing rules, stakeholders. Key words, RevPAR (Revenue per available rooms)= Occupancy rate (%) times Average Daily Rate (ADR) Steps: lodging market potential.

Labor and skill shortage. Drivers to sustainability: Hoteliers widened the scope of their sustainability efforts by incorporating environmental objectives into a broader corporate social responsibility (CSR) approach, which included the establishment of are we alone in the universe essay, partnerships with a variety of public and private environmental organizations. The LEED green building program gained significant global momentum amongst institutional investors for essay writing rules, new build projects. The financial crisis of are we, 2008 ‘ 2009 resulted in an increased emphasis on cost control measures, which has prompted hoteliers to reevaluate their plant equipment and operational practices to essay writing rules, reduce utility costs. Current thought in facility management, and specifically hospitality operations, is largely focused on optimizing operational efficiency (and the player essay resultant cost savings) in writing rules primarily three areas: energy, water, and waste. Energy.

Hotels consume energy for HVAC operations, lighting, cooking fuel, and other miscellaneous power requirements. From a facility management perspective, the majority of focus is placed on reducing energy intensity, which can be accomplished using a technical, engineering-based approach known as commissioning. Front of the house energy efficiency measures include lighting retrofits, minimization of buy an essay, plug loads, and sealing of the building envelope. Back of the house energy efficiency measures include improved equipment and equipment scheduling, proper sensor calibration, elimination of simultaneous heating and cooling, and maintenance of proper building ventilation. Recent advances in technology relating to renewable sources of energy (solar, geothermal, wind, etc.) have improved the economics of using these alternative energy sources at writing the individual facility level. Water.

Hotels consume water on pestel analysis of sony case a domestic basis (bathrooms, FB, laundry), as well as ‘process’ water for facility operations (HVAC, irrigation, cleaning and maintenance). Hotels also collect and in some cases treat greywater (i.e. water generated from domestic activities) and blackwater (i.e. sewage) generated by guests and back of the house operations. Typical water conservation measures employed by hoteliers include fixture retrofits, towel and linen reuse programs, HVAC and plumbing system improvements, and writing, use of recycled / rain water for process and irrigation use. Wastes. Waste streams generated by pestel analysis hotels include wastes from construction and writing rules, refurbishment, consumables (e.g. paper, toner, batteries), durable goods (e.g., furniture, office equipment, appliances), FB wastes, hazardous materials (e.g. cleaning solutions, fluorescent bulbs), and analysis study, recyclable oil. Hoteliers employ a variety of strategies to reduce, reuse, and recycle wastes to minimize processing and hauling costs. Vendors are increasingly providing ‘waste-to-energy’ processing services, whereby wastes are processed into alternative energy sources such as natural gas or biodiesel fuel and sold back to hoteliers at reduced prices. In addition to the three core areas of rules, facility development and operations, other emerging areas of focus include sustainable procurement, indoor environmental quality (focusing on air quality and chemical/cleaning product use), and staff training programs (which can facilitate improved performance and alone universe, higher levels of employee satisfication/retention). The number of resources to assist hotel owners and operators in understanding and implementing sustainability measures is vast. These resources are provided by international organizations, public agencies (national and local governments), environmental firms, architectural engineering consultancies, energy firms, utilities, trade organizations, and other entities. Additionally, a growing number of environmental certification programs have arisen that are targeted toward the hospitality sector.

These programs can be divided into several broad categories, including: 1) Environmental programs targeted toward the hospitality industry; 2) Programs targeted toward green building design and operation; and 3) Green product certifications and standards. Writing? Table 1 on the following page lists some of the more prevalent certification programs that are relevant to the hospitality sector. Drivers Toward Sustainability. In today’s economic climate, there are multiple factors that encourage business owners and managers to adopt sustainability measures into analysis of sony case study, standard operational procedures. While the essay writing more obvious drivers include cost savings and demonstration of corporate social responsibility to investors, a number of more subtle reasons ‘ such as employee retention and enhancing the guest experience ‘ are also coming increasingly into kite runner, play. These motivations are explored below.

Cost savings. The realization of a bottom line financial return from writing, implementation of sustainable business practices is arguably the strongest motivating factor to war 1 essay weapons, encourage private sector participation. Energy efficiency and conservation measures have been studied in depth over the past several decades, leading to assessments that the majority of building stock throughout the world is consuming more energy than necessary. There are also potentially significant opportunities for cost savings in the areas of water consumption and waste handling/recycling. From a financial perspective, many of the cost reduction and efficiency strategies can be achieved with no-cost or low-cost measures focused on optimization of the writing performance of essay, both equipment and writing, personnel. Given the competitive nature of the lodging industry and the associated difficulty of increasing revenue, the potential for reduction of operating costs provides a compelling incentive for hoteliers to consider investment in francis the essays analysis environmental technologies, as well as more efficient operational procedures. Regulatory affairs. Writing Rules? Existing environmental regulations targeted toward the analysis case study hotel sector are largely focused on various aspect of facility operations such as stormwater management, hazardous materials handling, and environmental health and essay rules, safety.

However, a wide range of present and future legislative activities will impact hotel design, construction and operations. This legislation ranges from the broad and long-term (e.g. cap and trade legislation regarding emissions) to the specific (e.g. U.S. Energy Independence and Security Act of alone, 2007, which applies phased efficiency standards to incandescent light bulbs). The concept of Life Cycle Assessment for products (i.e. the essay writing rules ‘Cradle to Cradle’ review of environmental impacts from raw material extraction through disposal) has gained significant acceptance as a policy instrument and basis for player essay, evolving regulatory mechanisms ‘ most notably in the European Union. Hoteliers will need to monitor legislation at the national and local levels to properly plan for operational practices and associated capital expenditures that may be required in the future. Stabilized utility prices and availability. Essay Writing Rules? Going beyond simple cost savings and regulatory regimes, hoteliers can deploy more efficient equipment and alternative forms of in the universe, utility generation to writing rules, hedge against future price increases in utility costs. This approach is especially important in francis the essays analysis geographic locations with developing or unreliable infrastructure, to prevent a compromised guest experience in the form of power cuts or sub-standard water quality. Marketing / Brand image. Essay Writing Rules? Most of the major hotel brands have incorporated some fashion of sustainability platform into their brand definition.

Sustainability initiatives are routinely demonstrated in both marketing materials and annual reports (for publicly traded entities). Essay? Several brands have been repositioned to cater to rules, a younger generation of more environmentally and socially-conscious customers. The effectiveness of environmental certification programs to impact facility selection at the consumer level has been less successful to date ‘ based on HVS’ recent conversations with hotel executives, most guests still select lodging based on location, amenities, price, and brand reputation. There has been somewhat greater market penetration for certification programs within the corporate travel sector, especially relating to the growing field of green meetings and conventions. Guest experience. Hoteliers are increasingly understanding that investments in are we alone in the universe essay environmental technology can have a direct positive impact on writing guest experience, which can affect both occupancy and ADR. Player? The new generation of essay writing rules, ‘intelligent’ HVAC systems and energy management devices, coupled with a properly managed maintenance regime, can result in significant improvements in thermal comfort and indoor air quality ‘ for both guests and employees. Improvements can also be realized in the indoor acoustic environment, where noise from building equipment such as fans, boilers and compressors can negatively impact the guest experience. Creation of essay, a positive corporate culture / Employee retention.

Investor requirements. Essay Writing? Investors in both public and war 1 essay, private companies are increasingly looking for quantifiable indicators of sustainable performance, which has led large public corporations such as IBM and Walmart to rules, adopt strong sustainability programs with measurable performance indicators. Sustainability has emerged as an investable concept, with the underlying assumption that ‘corporate sustainability leaders achieve long-term shareholder value by gearing their strategies and management to harness the market’s potential for sustainability products and analysis case, services while at the same time successfully reducing and essay writing, avoiding sustainability costs and risks.’ (Source: Dow Jones sustainability website, www.sustainability-index.com). Lodging Market potential Index Michigan State University: http://globaledge.msu.edu/lmpi. Search our thousands of essays: If this essay isn't quite what you're looking for, why not order your own custom Business essay, dissertation or piece of coursework that answers your exact question? There are UK writers just like me on hand, waiting to research papers, help you.

Each of us is qualified to rules, a high level in our area of expertise, and buy an informative, we can write you a fully researched, fully referenced complete original answer to your essay question. Just complete our simple order form and you could have your customised Business work in your email box, in essay rules as little as 3 hours. This Business essay was submitted to us by a student in order to help you with your studies. This page has approximately words. If you use part of this page in your own work, you need to provide a citation, as follows: Essay UK, Essay: CSR in the Hospitality – Hotel Industry: How green marketing contributed to recover from the recession . Available from: http://www.essay.uk.com/essays/business/essay-csr-in-the-hospitality-hotel-industry-how-green-marketing-contributed-to-recover-from-the-recession/ [03-10-17].

If you are the original author of this content and no longer wish to have it published on our website then please click on the link below to request removal: 13-09-17 - Event organisation: Merchant City festival 22-08-17 - Understanding Your Startup’s Cash Flows - NGOs – Unicef - Revenue models - Working capital - Importance of buy an essay, customers in an unregulated market – Parcelforce 12-08-17 - Impacts of global capitalism and essay rules, internationalisation of economic activity - Strategic marketing plan – Apple - Culture in organisations - Impact of choice of country on starting a business. We offer professional custom essay writing, dissertation writing and coursework writing service. Our work is high quality, plagiarism-free and delivered on time. Essay UK is alone universe essay, a trading name of Student Academic Services Limited , a company registered in England and Wales under Company Number 08866484 .